Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by scibot
Also apprently Five Guys now accepts contactless payments! I saw two locations on the new Payfinders for Android and its not a place I'd expect it at. I then cross checked it on Twitter and more than one person has said that they used Apple Pay at Five Guys so I will have to visit one soon and bye bye good health!
I'm not sure about PayFinders, honestly. For instance, one mall Subway location on there doesn't seem to have VX520s that I've seen, or at least makes it not accessible to customers. They also claim that See's Candies supports it but I have not seen their Ingenico terminals do anything other than swipe.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
I'm not sure about PayFinders, honestly. For instance, one mall Subway location on there doesn't seem to have VX520s that I've seen, or at least makes it not accessible to customers. They also claim that See's Candies supports it but I have not seen their Ingenico terminals do anything other than swipe.
Payfinders is a real mixed bag as a JCPenney listed accepts it and Five Guys is listed so it looks like they do in fact support as they use MX915's: https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34&oe=58337294 But then there are places such as Hy-Vee and Kum & Go who are listed and neither have accepted it in years.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Payfinders is a real mixed bag as a JCPenney listed accepts it and Five Guys is listed so it looks like they do in fact support as they use MX915's: https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34&oe=58337294 But then there are places such as Hy-Vee and Kum & Go who are listed and neither have accepted it in years.
The Five Guys near me hasn't gotten them yet as of a few weeks ago but is listed on there. I suppose there is a chance that they have them now though.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:48 pm

The Pay Finders app isn't even optimised for iPhone 6, despite the app's audience being mostly iPhone 6/6s users.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
The Pay Finders app isn't even optimised for iPhone 6, despite the app's audience being mostly iPhone 6/6s users.
The app seems to render okay for me but it does occasionally take a while to pull up data.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:08 pm

The app seems to render okay for me but it does occasionally take a while to pull up data.
I'm just mildly bothered that the developer hasn't done native resolution. It looks a bit blurry on my phone.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: Skymiles
The Five Guys near me hasn't gotten them yet as of a few weeks ago but is listed on there. I suppose there is a chance that they have them now though.
Check for Scottsdale Arizona they have Mx915. That's the only five guys around me and they have it on really old looking Radiant Systems terminals. I didn't buy anything to see if they had EMV as I don't like their burgers at all.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by RedLight2015
Check for Scottsdale Arizona they have Mx915. That's the only five guys around me and they have it on really old looking Radiant Systems terminals. I didn't buy anything to see if they had EMV as I don't like their burgers at all.
MX915 on their ancient Radiant POS? I'm surprised. And why do they need an MX915? They don't even have a loyalty programme, there's already a consumer-facing display, and how often do they get an order requiring signature?

On a side note, all I like from them are their chips. Amazing when you combine with malt. (Yeah, my British side is showing.)
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, I tried to move the map in the app to there but it was giving me a hard time. I'll have to try again later.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
MX915 on their ancient Radiant POS? I'm surprised. And why do they need an MX915? They don't even have a loyalty programme, there's already a consumer-facing display, and how often do they get an order requiring signature?

On a side note, all I like from them are their chips. Amazing when you combine with malt. (Yeah, my British side is showing.)
Yes. This is the case where a Vx820 would do them just fine. Unless they are future proofing for some sort of loyalty setup i am not sure.

Whataburger actually replaced their customer facing displays with Mx925s in the same spot! They show ads on them when it doesn't ask for a card- five guys might be wanting to show ads on them as well I'm sure- maybe in the future.

Dunkin kept their customer facing displays and they have mx915 also acting as a customer display. I'm sure new installations will only have the mx915 and no customer display on the POS station itself. - same for when these POS stations are due for replacement.

Honestly nothing is stopping them from using the Vx820 as a line item display, it does still have a full color screen that is touch as well! Same for loyalty!

In the end it must be what their merchant service provider and POS provider supports. I'm sure five guys etc really didn't have much of a say.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the end it must be what their merchant service provider and POS provider supports. I'm sure five guys etc really didn't have much of a say.
I would think that most/all of a particular terminal vendor's lineup has similar programming interfaces, no? So a retailer could substitute a VX820 for a MX915 and not have to do much (other than possibly telling the POS to just print a signature slip instead of expecting a digitized signature).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Five Guys I'm currently at uses Radiant and doesn't have anything customer facing. It's also on PayFinders. Maybe in another couple weeks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:54 pm

I would think that most/all of a particular terminal vendor's lineup has similar programming interfaces, no? So a retailer could substitute a VX820 for a MX915 and not have to do much (other than possibly telling the POS to just print a signature slip instead of expecting a digitized signature).
Unfortunately when you write an app for the Vx820, it has to be on the Vx820. If you write an app for the Mx915 it will only be compatible with the Mx925 as well.

Some places will write apps for both, such as Taco Bell, customer facing equipment is an Mx915 and drive through is a Vx805.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:49 pm

Unfortunately when you write an app for the Vx820, it has to be on the Vx820. If you write an app for the Mx915 it will only be compatible with the Mx925 as well.

Some places will write apps for both, such as Taco Bell, customer facing equipment is an Mx915 and drive through is a Vx805.
Is NFC enabled at Taco Bell on the MX915's also every Taco Bell I've ever been to has nothing customer facing.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is NFC enabled at Taco Bell on the MX915's also every Taco Bell I've ever been to has nothing customer facing.
Aren't they owned by the same people who own KFC? Seems kinda weird that they wouldn't standardize on the iPP series with all their brands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.