Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:52 am

Citi 2% Unlimited Cash Back Card

seriously. what an ugly card. why couldn't they design it better
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Don't judge a book by its cover :-)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wasn't the original Schwab 2% CB card an ugly black thing that looked like a temporary card?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Wasn't the original Schwab 2% CB card an ugly black thing that looked like a temporary card?
The more I think about it, this is really, really similar to the Schwab card, which was THE card for a while, until it was killed.

The only major difference I see here is that the Schwab had no FTF.

Beyond that, it looks like it'll be easier to get your cash out of this card (for the Schwab card, at least in the beginning, you needed a Schwab brokerage account).

So many haters out there on this one - did you guys hate the Schwab card too back then, or has the landscape just changed so much that a simple 2% CB card isn't worthwhile anymore?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
So many haters out there on this one - did you guys hate the Schwab card too back then, or has the landscape just changed so much that a simple 2% CB card isn't worthwhile anymore?
I think a simple 2% card is always worth having in your wallet. There are some stores that just don't fit neatly into a 5% rotating category, or into MS schemes. I'd rather get 2% at those places than 1%.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by roki
Isn't that pretty obvious right on the front page of the card...?
Perhaps, but with Citi Forward you forfeit the ability to earn the 100 point bonus for paying on time if a statement cycle closes without a balance. It does seem sensible to clarify that payments made during the same cycle as the charge is incurred will qualify for the 1% payment bonus. I wouldn't consider the matter settled based on a CSR's assurance. It may depend on when new transactions are added to the Purchase Tracker. If they are not added until the statement is generated, early payments would seem not to qualify (assuming a zero balance to start).

Originally Posted by anks329
I'd rather get 2% at those places than 1%.
I'd rather earn 1.25 or 1.5 miles than 2%.

Last edited by mia; Sep 2, 2014 at 3:18 pm Reason: Punctuation
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Originally Posted by alexlar2007
When converting Citi Dividend card to Citi Double Cash Card, I wonder if accumulated cash back balance is preserved and transferred.
Was wondering the same. Surprised to see I currently have $40 cashback there after pulling out the card from the sock drawer and logging in to check my account. (haven't used it in forever) Of course I have to wait till I get to $50 to cash out. Hate the lack of flexibility compared to CO Quicksilver.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: All of em...
This card prints cash at MS outlets like Visabuxx & Serve where you can't use Amex cards. THAT I'm excited about. I'm doing a 5 months RTW trip next year and some cash printing would be good to start right about now on this card to cover food and tours
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
This card prints cash at MS outlets like Visabuxx & Serve where you can't use Amex cards. THAT I'm excited about. I'm doing a 5 months RTW trip next year and some cash printing would be good to start right about now on this card to cover food and tours
Yeah, even one ISIS/Serve + AP account prints $50/mo for free.

Right now I'm cashing out flight points from my Prestige and racking up Club Carlson points for a 2015 EU trip, but this is definitely tempting.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Update
Called back today to see where I could convert to this card yet, still no I will try back on the 7th
Also, I think someone mentioned this already but CSR told me that this new card launched in place of the citi forward card, which apparently was discontinued

Update X2
Confirmed conversions should be allowed starting September 7
Rep that I talked to in KY was nice and on his own initiative called me back with the information within about 15 minutes of me hanging up! This after saying he "went back and pulled up some old emails" confirming the date

Last edited by rgAAFT; Sep 2, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:46 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by mia
I'd rather earn 1.25 or 1.5 miles than 2%.
The United Mileage Explorer yields 35k (25k spend + 10k bonus) miles at $25k spending for 1.4 miles per cent of spending.

Given that option, minting $500 cash with this card is a lot more tempting than minting an economy award ticket with 3 connections on a Wednesday redeye.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
The United Mileage Explorer yields 35k (25k spend + 10k bonus) miles at $25k spending for 1.4 miles per cent of spending.

Given that option, minting $500 cash with this card is a lot more tempting than minting an economy award ticket with 3 connections on a Wednesday redeye.
Mia probably has the UA club card

But in my opinion citi is the better, more flexible (in some key areas) bank
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Question - i am currently in my 65 day waiting period before grabbing another executive card (Even at only 50k miles that is 2 domestic AA tickets to anywhere in the US)...but either way...if i try to convert my current executive card to this will that affect that 65 day no new app limit at all? Was going to be cancelling my current executive card this week and then reapplying for another in 2 weeks when i hit 65 days. Just wondering if they allow me to convert it would this be a "new card" and mess up that 65 day limit between apps even though i would not be doing an app for it....i still want that next executive card lol
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by air360
Question - i am currently in my 65 day waiting period before grabbing another executive card (Even at only 50k miles that is 2 domestic AA tickets to anywhere in the US)...but either way...if i try to convert my current executive card to this will that affect that 65 day no new app limit at all? Was going to be cancelling my current executive card this week and then reapplying for another in 2 weeks when i hit 65 days. Just wondering if they allow me to convert it would this be a "new card" and mess up that 65 day limit between apps even though i would not be doing an app for it....i still want that next executive card lol

Card conversions have nothing to do the application department at all, therefore application department rules do not apply. I don't mean to be rude but, I would think you'd be able to figure that out on your own. This is why we are all interested in the date we can start converting an existing card to this,because like you,everyone wants to try this card out but no one wants to waste an inquiry on it (the only thing you'd lose out on would be the sign up bonus, but it doesn't look like this card will offer one)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
agree.... that's why i wonder why it doesn't have a personalized picture feature like the capitalone cards do.

i probably will stick with capitalone quicksilver...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.