Search

Magnises Card?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Magnises Card?

Has anyone heard about this card?
I guess it's really only useful in NYC. $250/year, but it basically just replaces the same card info on your existing cards and puts it on a metal card.
You have to "apply" and they decide to accept you.

The requirements are based on "coolness"?
It doesn't seem like there are any actual credit or net worth requirements.

According to Magnises' business deck, over half their members attended top 50 schools, with 80% raking in over $75,000 a year.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/magni...#ixzz375BVqEXK
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: N/A
Yeah,

Wont really help you get in anywhere in NYC from just having it. You get access to the clubhouse and a cool metal card basically.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Sounds a lot like "onlycoin.com". Shameless referral link.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 30, 2015 at 9:12 pm Reason: removed ref. link
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Except Coin isn't about the pretentiousness.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hey y'all, hate to bump up an old thread like this buuuuut... this keeps popping up on my Facebook. Is there really any benefit to having it? I'm struggling to figure out how it's worth $250/year other than the clubhouse access (and that's assuming the food/drink is complimentary -- can't find *any* info regarding that online). I am guessing not but wouldn't mind if someone could prove me wrong...

-J.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by krazieman
...The requirements are based on "coolness"?...
Looks to me like the requirements are gullibility, a lack of common sense, and a desperate need to have someone tell you you're cool.

I'll do that for you and just charge you 200 bucks a year. Save yourself fifty bucks, everybody wins!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Looks to me like the requirements are gullibility, a lack of common sense, and a desperate need to have someone tell you you're cool.

I'll do that for you and just charge you 200 bucks a year. Save yourself fifty bucks, everybody wins!
Maybe I win more if I go and meet with an "ambassador" to learn more. I would at least hope to get a free drink out of it. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig, lol.

-J.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:45 am

Anyone watch the fyre documentaries? Surprised TPG never covered this card.
soartoday and akr1970akr like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.