Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
Same Status here, Need to call 2 hours later.

Originally Posted by mrfrancis3000
When I called, I was told that it is in underwriting and that I needed to call back in 2 hours and they would have a decision. I called 2 hours later and was told I was approved.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:54 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by mrfrancis3000
When I called, I was told that it is in underwriting and that I needed to call back in 2 hours and they would have a decision. I called 2 hours later and was told I was approved.
I see. do you have any sort of relationship with WF?

got a CSR, she quickly saw my app, then gave me the choice of checking back another time or staying on hold for a quick cpl mins. obv said dont mind waiting a cpl mins. she transferred me over to the underwriters. that person also offered same choice, I decided to hold for a cpl mins since I was already on the phone with em. they came back quick and made their decision.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:58 pm

they say ticket purchases don't count towards the $100 credit but I don't know how they can tell if a charge was for a ticket purchase or not. Anyone have any data points on this?
Old May 9, 2014, 1:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kvs25
t...I don't know how they can tell if a charge was for a ticket purchase...
When you purchase an airline ticket number, travel dates and routing information are transmitted to the credit card company.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
I see. do you have any sort of relationship with WF?

got a CSR, she quickly saw my app, then gave me the choice of checking back another time or staying on hold for a quick cpl mins. obv said dont mind waiting a cpl mins. she transferred me over to the underwriters. that person also offered same choice, I decided to hold for a cpl mins since I was already on the phone with em. they came back quick and made their decision.

Nope, I don't even think we have any WFs in Louisiana.
Old May 9, 2014, 4:41 pm

Just called today and got approved without asking for any other material!

ps: no relationship with WF at all. I actually heard terrible stories about them from my friends!

Originally Posted by FTRox87
people often forget this isnt the only travel related forum around. not to mention this deal is also on all the deal sites, aviation forums, credit card forums and numerous other avenues etc.

also what zgrzfg said makes no sense -- why would they take your call just to tell you to call them back another time? if they have the time to talk to you, they have the time to review your app. they mght put you on hold while they do their thing but doubt they would just say they have other calls to attend to so try calling another time

the only reason they would ask you to call again later is if they need you to send/fax them more info.
Old May 9, 2014, 4:54 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by zgrzfg
I actually heard terrible stories about them from my friends!
congrats on the card... also can you expand on what you mean by this?

p.s. I do have a long relationship with WF. so I thought perhaps thats why they offered me quicker turnaround options.
Old May 10, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Data Point

Applied for the Propel World card on 5/8. FICO scores 790-800, 8 pulls in last 12 months. Called for status on 5/9, was told to call back. Called on 5/10, was told to go to a WF branch with 2 pieces of ID and have an employee call the credit line in order to verify my identity. Went to WF branch and was approved for a $8K CL.
Old May 11, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...
Had a friend with like a 620 credit score get the Propel 365 card. He does have a banking relationship with the bank, but I thought it was interesting.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Can we take a step back and talk about the value of the rewards program? It sounds like it is a closed network, cash-basis booking system that comes out to ~1.5ccp.

Is this a good deal considering you cannot transfer points to another system? Compare this to the Barclays Card which allows you to book on any system and get reimbursed but only yields 1.0ccp - which is a better card?

Last edited by starbuk; May 12, 2014 at 10:33 am
Old May 12, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by starbuk
Can we take a step back and talk about the value of the rewards program? It sounds like it is a closed network, cash-basis booking system that comes out to ~1.5ccp.

Is this a good deal considering you cannot transfer points to another system? Compare this to the Barclays Card which allows you to book on any system and get reimbursed but only yields 1.0ccp - which is a better card?
Or just apply for both. Boom. Problem solved.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Applied online today & got:

We need to verify a few pieces of information before we can give you a credit decision.
Wells Fargo Propel World American Express® Card
Reference Number: XXX
What Happens Next?
If approved, your new credit card will be mailed in 5 - 7 business days. If we are unable to grant you credit, we will let you know why in writing.

Am unclear, do I call asap to ask what's holdup,
or do I let it be for few days, or...?
Thanks in advance!!
Old May 12, 2014, 3:42 pm

Applied, got pending message, called in and was told they couldn't verify any of my information (including SSN) and that I need to send in a bunch of documents because I don't have a prior relationship with Wells Fargo. Obviously my reaction was I tried to get more information was told that they pulled Equifax and that they were able to verify all of my info with Equifax, but could not verify any info with their "second source". The rep didn't tell me who their second source was...

Anyone similar experiences? Is their second source IDA or ARS?
Old May 12, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tjguitar85
They declined me at first requesting paystubs, then when I sent them in, they declined me for DTI issues. They must have some very strict underwriting standards. I don't carry a balance and have perfect credit.
By DTI you mean Debt to Income, correct?

If so, how can you have DTI issues if you carry no credit card balances? Are you talking about other forms of debt or are you saying that you pay your balance in full, but do allow for a balance to build up on your cards?
Old May 12, 2014, 4:02 pm

I got a letter saying I need to fax or mail them my social security card to "confirm my identity." Then I will get approved.

Kind of inconvenient seeing as how my card is at my parents' house, but I guess there's not much I wouldn't do for a signup bonus this big.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.