Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
Is it the case for everyone that you have to wait for the full three month period to end before your 40,000 points post? I met the spend within days of receiving the card at the end of May. Their process just seems really odd to me.
yup
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:25 am

I purchased an $100 e-gift card from southwest.com. Airline credit posted the same day as the purchase posted to my account.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
yup
Do the points become immediately available at the end of that period? My wife's account says the end date of the promo is 9/30. I'm just wondering how quick the points will post after that date. Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:14 am

I see it on the front page but can anyone confirm the bonus on the card is once per lifetime?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:16 pm

Hi, I'm new at this and would appreciate your help. in the fine print of the reward program, it states:

The following purchases/transactions do not earn Points: monthly or annual rewards Program fees, ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKSTM, cash equivalents such as money orders and store gift cards, or wire transfers.

my questions:
1) can I assume that buying gift cards would fulfill the spent requirement of the bonus points? I would think so, but am not sure.

2) does this mean if I buy gift cards online, I wouldn't earn the 1% points from the purchase?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by redeemer
Hi, I'm new at this and would appreciate your help. in the fine print of the reward program, it states:

The following purchases/transactions do not earn Points: monthly or annual rewards Program fees, ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKSTM, cash equivalents such as money orders and store gift cards, or wire transfers.

my questions:
1) can I assume that buying gift cards would fulfill the spent requirement of the bonus points? I would think so, but am not sure.

2) does this mean if I buy gift cards online, I wouldn't earn the 1% points from the purchase?
In your own post it says gift cards do not earn points and do not count towards annual reward program - so what are you NOT SURE about ?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by anjeo
In your own post it says gift cards do not earn points and do not count towards annual reward program - so what are you NOT SURE about ?
because in some instances (for different cards I've read), things have worked in spite of what the fine print states. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone has some data point on this. Has anyone bought gift cards and have had bonus points generated from the purchase?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by redeemer
because in some instances (for different cards I've read), things have worked in spite of what the fine print states. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone has some data point on this. Has anyone bought gift cards and have had bonus points generated from the purchase?
You might want to read the thread a little bit. I believe that your answer will be self-evident
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:15 pm

Propel 365

Was approved for a propel 365 card with my propel world card still open. I have updated the wiki. Will provide further information when I get a chance
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:34 pm

I purchased a $100 Southwest e-gift card on the morning of 7/28. The transaction and $100 airline benefit credit posted to the account the evening of 7/30.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:50 am

finally got my annual fee refunded after closing the account over a month ago.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by medellinfein
You might want to read the thread a little bit. I believe that your answer will be self-evident
I've read the 23 most recent pages, and have not found the answer. I'm not asking about airline GCs, but visa gift cards.

Specifically, if I use this card to buy visa gift cards, would that count for bonus/reward points at 1%?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: IHG, HPG, CC, HH, SW, US-AA, KLM
Datapoint on 2nd $100 airline reimbursement.

So I waited a day after the official 1 year of account opening to purchase the 2nd $100 airline reimbursement, just like the few who posted earlier. It's been 4 days since then and it hasn't been credited. So YMMV on getting the credit before AF posts. You're much safer if you were to wait for AF to post, do the airline reimbursement, then request AF refund.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:10 pm

So far, I've only seen data points on using the credit for gift cards... Has anybody tried getting reimbursed for a cheap flight ticket under the $100 credit? (I'm looking at some discount airlines, like Ryanair...)
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Has anyone consolidated the credit line of this card with another Well Fargo credit card when closing the Propel World? I know that's basically standard procedure at Chase, but was hoping to hear reports regarding Wells Fargo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.