Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:10 pm

There's a shopping portal that can be combined with these points, right?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:13 pm

Bought a $100 Southwest GC more than a week ago and no reimbursement.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
Anybody recently have bought $100 airline GC and received reimbursement?
Please confirm GC trx date and reimbursement date.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
How long do I gave to cancel after the AF hits? 30 days, 60?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:19 pm

Data point: Applied today for self and wife and received instant approval on both, $8k CL and 5k respectively. Wife is 60+ days since last app. I'm 90+. We're both 790+ cs. About a month ago, I opened two Way2Save online savings accounts with Wells Fargo and put $500 in each, figuring it would improve my chances (I'll cancel in a few months). Never had to set foot in a branch.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
How quickly does the reimbursement normally take?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:05 pm

Both my wife and I applied on Friday. Got denied citing "lack of relationship". Opened a checking account online for each of us. Called today and my application was approved. My wife's was again denied for too many credit inquiries. I was told the application is good for 60 days and to use the checking account and call back within the 60 days to have the "relationship" re-evaluated. Sheesh.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
With the AF fee coming up, I elected to close this card. I called WF and told them I wanted to close the card and they were more than happy to do so, lol.

No retentive offer or anything. Nice customer service, though.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:56 am

Has anyone ever actually dealt with a Wells annual fee before? I was told by a CSR yesterday that there is no time limit per se before which an annual fee can no longer be refunded. Given that my annual fee is set to post on May 1, I asked her if this meant that I could cancel in December and still have my fee refunded, to which she responded yes.

I couldn't believe it so I asked her to notate in my account exactly what she told me. I intend to call up after my fee posts and speak with someone else to see if they can confirm what the first representative told me.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by burgetka
Has anyone ever actually dealt with a Wells annual fee before? I was told by a CSR yesterday that there is no time limit per se before which an annual fee can no longer be refunded. Given that my annual fee is set to post on May 1, I asked her if this meant that I could cancel in December and still have my fee refunded, to which she responded yes.

I couldn't believe it so I asked her to notate in my account exactly what she told me. I intend to call up after my fee posts and speak with someone else to see if they can confirm what the first representative told me.
I find that very difficult to believe. At best I think companies will offer a pro-rated refund.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:05 pm

Called to close the card. Rep asked if I wanted to hear retention offers, said no. Card was closed in less than 3 mins.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Called to close the card. Rep asked if I wanted to hear retention offers, said no. Card was closed in less than 3 mins.
Why would you not? Maybe it was $10,000 they wanted to give you for free for being the 10,000 caller.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ed765
I just applied for this card and got it with a $2500 limit. From a business viewpoint I wonder about the wisdom of issuing the card with that low a limit. Cards companies usually put a generous bonus offer on a travel card in the hope of capturing a customer who will stay with them, pay the annual fee, and be a reasonable spender and borrower.

However, it is hard to find a good reason why someone would pay $175 per year for a card with these benefits and a $2500 limit (this would not cover the tickets for my family of six to many destinations, not to mention hotel charges, etc). However, it is easy to imagine why someone who got this card with this limit would figure out a way to use it enough to get the 40,000 points and $100 for incidental charges, and then stoop using it, and cancel before the fee was due.

I call to protest and first was told they could not look do anything until the card issued and they had a card number, and to call back in two days. I called back and they said I had to have the actual card with the number before they could do anything. I got the card today and called and CSR entered data again, and got that I needed tot talk to an actual person. I reached a person who asked to pull a credit report. I pointed out I had been told it would not be necessary and they could use the old one. She apologized, and took and asked income questions etc. She then asked for two years of tax returns to document my claimed income (based on earning about a 2% return on my net worth).

I confessed the income tax returns would not show the income claimed since to minimize taxes, I only took withdrawals from accounts where withdrawals created taxable income, as needed to cover expenses, but did offer to document a annuity contracts with a reasonable amount of money (over 8 million) all of which could be wired to my bank if I asked.

She finally agreed to ask someone, and was told that this documentation would be acceptable. I faxed it in, and are moderately optimistic since I at least would take a credit risk and offer $20,000 credit line to someone who could lay hands immediately on the amount of the line many times over (and who had a credit report showing no lates in over 20 years of borrowings, etc.) This may help a few who are asset rich, but whose "income" is not that high.
Actually, their issuing of cards with such low limits that they are unlikely to be retained once the fee free period is over is good for many readers here. They might not get the card if Wells Fargo only gave them to those they felt comfortable having a reasonable limit for travel card, say $10,000.

This gives some people here a chance to have the card for a year, and to benefit from its bonuses.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:22 pm

From the FAQ:

If your Wells Fargo consumer Credit Card is closed for any reason, the rewards currency associated with that contributing account will be forfeited on the date of closure. Any Pending rewards currency associated with that contributing account will also be forfeited.

https://www.mywellsfargorewards.com/#/FAQ

This means I must use all of my points before cancelling my card, correct?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Xylem
From the FAQ:

If your Wells Fargo consumer Credit Card is closed for any reason, the rewards currency associated with that contributing account will be forfeited on the date of closure. Any Pending rewards currency associated with that contributing account will also be forfeited.

https://www.mywellsfargorewards.com/#/FAQ

This means I must use all of my points before cancelling my card, correct?
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.