Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:42 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bthomas362
You can redeem flights at a rate of 1.5 cents/point subject to a $24 booking fee.
Only if you also have a different WF card with that rewards option. If you only have the Propel, there is no booking fee, but flight redemptions are limited to 1 cent/point redemption value.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by dw
Only if you also have a different WF card with that rewards option. If you only have the Propel, there is no booking fee, but flight redemptions are limited to 1 cent/point redemption value.
Which type of WF card has such a rate?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Which type of WF card has such a rate?
I have the Visa Signature card also. I did book a pair of 1 way flights and was surprised that they actually let me pay the $24 fee with 1600 points.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
That's strange - since in T&C it is clearly said that this benefit is one per membership year.
Yep, based on the postings here I too pulled the trigger on another $100 SWA GC this calendar year, but no credit. Called to see what's up, and they said no credit until after anniversary date. So now I have $100 swa gc which I am not going to use and another one from last year that I barely use. Great...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ymarker
Yep, based on the postings here I too pulled the trigger on another $100 SWA GC this calendar year, but no credit. Called to see what's up, and they said no credit until after anniversary date. So now I have $100 swa gc which I am not going to use and another one from last year that I barely use. Great...
You had 340+ days to pull the trigger after the other guy reported back... We all take one for the team occasionally. Thanks for the second data point.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:25 am

Data point:

Applied for both Propel World and Visa Signature with 2 browser trick (it sounds like you cannot get Visa Signature if you already have other CC). Both pending, and then approved without call in (CL: $10k and $9k). I have checking/saving accounts with WF for 7 years

I can redeem flights at a rate of 1.5 cents/point but need to pay $24 booking fees. Will call in to redeem award and see whether they can waive the fees as I am the holder of Propel World

[update] I can now confirm there is only one hard pull - 2 browser trick works for WF!!

Last edited by jasonda; Feb 6, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jasonda
Data point:

Applied for both Propel World and Visa Signature with 2 browser trick (it sounds like you cannot get Visa Signature if you already have other CC). Both pending, and then approved without call in (CL: $10k and $9k). I have checking/saving accounts with WF for 7 years

I can redeem flights at a rate of 1.5 cents/point but need to pay $24 booking fees. Will call in to redeem award and see whether they can waive the fees as I am the holder of Propel World
Question: can I earn 3x WF reward points if I book flights with online travel agent, cheaptickets or priceline?

Amex PRG specifies that I can only get 3x MR when charged directly with airlines, but I always can get bonus without any problem when booking with online travel agent. Not sure whether this is the case for Propel World...

(My best guess is I can still get 3x WF reward points because the merchant code system should be the same)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:27 am

Still looking for Delta $100 Egift credit confirm. Anyone get it? Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:06 pm

Picked up the Propel World Amex last April. I called retentions today to see if I could get any offers. No dice. Also tried to convert to something with no annual fee. Again, no dice without a new application.

So now I'm wondering...Is this card churnable? Haven't see any reports. Regardless, I'll try retentions again when the annual fee hits.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
I'd be interested to see, with no retention bonus if you're able to get the airfare credit then cancel and have them refund the annual fee.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by beachbrew
I'd be interested to see, with no retention bonus if you're able to get the airfare credit then cancel and have them refund the annual fee.
Diabolical, I like it. Since the credit posts in a day or 2 if you buy a AA or SW gift card for exactly $100 (my 2 data points), I bet this would work.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:08 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jasonda
Data point:

Great report. Thanks. Did you have success with waiving the booking fee as you describe?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:02 am

looks like yes to delta

Originally Posted by Dockdogs
Still looking for Delta $100 Egift credit confirm. Anyone get it? Thanks
OK I'll answer my own Q.
Just found 2 reports from july of delta 100 egift getting credit.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Great report. Thanks. Did you have success with waiving the booking fee as you describe?
Not tried yet but will when I have an upcoming travel plan
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:44 am

Confirmed - Delta $100 egift credit posted in 3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.