Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old May 7, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
For the 3 of you approved, just so we can get a broader range of what they're accepting. Would you mind sharing your credit scores, # of credit inquiries in the last year, etc for data points? Thanks!

~770
Anywhere between 8-12 inquiries
Old May 7, 2014, 11:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
My FICOs are ~800 across the board, didn't check to see who they pulled in Cali but looks to be EQ/EX.
Ugh. Did they really pull two bureaus?
Old May 8, 2014, 5:35 am

For the 3 of you approved, just so we can get a broader range of what they're accepting. Would you mind sharing your credit scores, # of credit inquiries in the last year, etc for data points? Thanks!
~730 with around 10 inq in the past year. It was my second app of the day and 6th in the past 6 months. They didn't ask about inquiries or anything... just wanted to see pay stubs. A coworker applied w/ closer to 30 inquiries and was approved upon calling without needing to send in pay stubs so YMMV.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:27 pm

I applied for this on May 2 and got pending. I called the status # and found out just now it was apparently approved on May 2 as well, though I never got a message about it.

CL of $10k, FICO 760, about 7-10 inquiries in the last year.
Old May 8, 2014, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by mrfrancis3000
~770
Anywhere between 8-12 inquiries
Originally Posted by Blackhawk8
~730 with around 10 inq in the past year. It was my second app of the day and 6th in the past 6 months. They didn't ask about inquiries or anything... just wanted to see pay stubs. A coworker applied w/ closer to 30 inquiries and was approved upon calling without needing to send in pay stubs so YMMV.
Originally Posted by unkinected
I applied for this on May 2 and got pending. I called the status # and found out just now it was apparently approved on May 2 as well, though I never got a message about it.

CL of $10k, FICO 760, about 7-10 inquiries in the last year.
Wow! Those are all pretty impressive stats. I didn't apply yet b/c I have 14 inquiries in 12 months w/25+ in 2yrs. Maybe I'll have to give this a go.

Are any of you self-employed? Don't know how I'd send in pay stubs for that...
Old May 8, 2014, 5:34 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
they will accept tax returns as well. they prolly just wanna see the AGI to determine how much CL they are willing to extend to you.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Ugh. Did they really pull two bureaus?
No, I meant EQ OR EX. Not both.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:22 pm

Wow! Those are all pretty impressive stats. I didn't apply yet b/c I have 14 inquiries in 12 months w/25+ in 2yrs. Maybe I'll have to give this a go.

Are any of you self-employed? Don't know how I'd send in pay stubs for that...
Nah, I'm not self-employed. But I didn't have to send in anything.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:36 pm

They declined me at first requesting paystubs, then when I sent them in, they declined me for DTI issues. They must have some very strict underwriting standards. I don't carry a balance and have perfect credit.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:45 pm

Applied this morning and called the # this afternoon. still pending and the reps said the huge incoming applications today and asked to call back tomorrow. anyone else>
Old May 8, 2014, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by zgrzfg
the reps said the huge incoming applications today and asked to call back tomorrow.
The big blogs have all posted it now, so it went from being a 6,900 views thread on a forum to being viewed by 50k+ people.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:04 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
people often forget this isnt the only travel related forum around. not to mention this deal is also on all the deal sites, aviation forums, credit card forums and numerous other avenues etc.

also what zgrzfg said makes no sense -- why would they take your call just to tell you to call them back another time? if they have the time to talk to you, they have the time to review your app. they mght put you on hold while they do their thing but doubt they would just say they have other calls to attend to so try calling another time

the only reason they would ask you to call again later is if they need you to send/fax them more info.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:53 am

So I was listening to Howard Stern the other day... They were reporting that these new Propel cards are supposed to have the "prestige and status" that the AmEx Centurion card has. I had a good laugh...
Old May 9, 2014, 9:00 am

Duplicate/Delete
Old May 9, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by FTRox87
people often forget this isnt the only travel related forum around. not to mention this deal is also on all the deal sites, aviation forums, credit card forums and numerous other avenues etc.

also what zgrzfg said makes no sense -- why would they take your call just to tell you to call them back another time? if they have the time to talk to you, they have the time to review your app. they mght put you on hold while they do their thing but doubt they would just say they have other calls to attend to so try calling another time

the only reason they would ask you to call again later is if they need you to send/fax them more info.
When I called, I was told that it is in underwriting and that I needed to call back in 2 hours and they would have a decision. I called 2 hours later and was told I was approved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.