Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 8:30 pm

Has anybody gotten this card without having a banking relationship?
Old May 5, 2014, 10:53 pm

Use this card with Serve?

Given that this card is issued on the Amex network, will online Serve loads earn points? Amex cards don't earn points when loading Serve, but is that the same for a Wells Fargo card that uses the Amex network? Thoughts?
Old May 5, 2014, 11:53 pm

I got declined - they apparently want paystubs. First time that has been requested.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by sam007
a post on SD said yes..
Old May 6, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by tjguitar85
I got declined - they apparently want paystubs. First time that has been requested.
You applied, received the pending message, then called in and were asked to provide your most recent paystubs? Did the CSR ask for anything else? Did they explain why they needed paystubs?
Old May 6, 2014, 10:06 am

Applied yesterday and got pending. Called in today and spoke with an underwriter. Approved for $8k. No WF bank account.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by mmax1
Applied yesterday and got pending. Called in today and spoke with an underwriter. Approved for $8k. No WF bank account.
what nbr did u call?

where did they pull from and what state are you in ?
Old May 6, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by rjs11
Any other data points on approvals for this card?
I was pending, called to see the hold up they said they had a flood of applications and usually didn't auto approve. She said I could wait a day or two or I could send in pay stubs and she'd approve me once they arrived. I fax in two pay stubs called back and she approved me.

My FICOs are ~800 across the board, didn't check to see who they pulled in Cali but looks to be EQ/EX.

Originally Posted by Xylem
Everything that I've seen on the checking account bonus indicates it expired on April 18, 2014. Is there any current promotion?
In talks with WF over this at the moment, they officially said it's expired but are looking to extend.

Avg credit limit seems to be in the $8,250 range, minimum limit of $5,000 from what I've seen. This is based on 20+ data points from various different forums.

Lots of people on SD/FWF have. No need for a banking relationship, I imagine if you have one you're more likely to be instantly approved because they can verify your income.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:26 pm

I got declined also. It seems they don't issue unsecured credit card to non-citizen or non-PR.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
what nbr did u call?
I called the number they gave to check application status: 1-877-514-3717
Old May 7, 2014, 8:24 am

I did. I have no relationship with them whatsoever, I don't even have think we have a Wells Fargo branch in Louisiana. It wasn't instant though, I applied Thursday and called to check on the status Friday morning. I was told to call back in 2 hours and when I did I was told I was approved.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Does anyone know more about the "luxury hotel" program that is a benefit of the Propel World card? It'll be interesting to see whether it's something closer to Amex's FHR (which I think there is often real value in) or the Mastercard World Elite or Chase programs (where, while there may still be some value, is not always worth it).
Old May 7, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
H1b folks dont apply
i wasted an application
Old May 7, 2014, 2:52 pm

Applied and got the pending message so I called in and was asked to send in two most recent pay stubs. Faxed them in this morning and was just approved for the card. It's definitely an inconvenience (I ended up calling at least 4 times total) so decide whether it's worth it to you prior to applying. Once I applied, it was worth it to not waste a pull. I did not have a banking relationship with WF.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by mmax1
Originally Posted by mrfrancis3000
I did. I have no relationship with them whatsoever, I don't even have think we have a Wells Fargo branch in Louisiana. It wasn't instant though, I applied Thursday and called to check on the status Friday morning. I was told to call back in 2 hours and when I did I was told I was approved.
Originally Posted by Blackhawk8
Applied and got the pending message so I called in and was asked to send in two most recent pay stubs. Faxed them in this morning and was just approved for the card. It's definitely an inconvenience (I ended up calling at least 4 times total) so decide whether it's worth it to you prior to applying. Once I applied, it was worth it to not waste a pull. I did not have a banking relationship with WF.

For the 3 of you approved, just so we can get a broader range of what they're accepting. Would you mind sharing your credit scores, # of credit inquiries in the last year, etc for data points? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.