Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the best churning cards?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

What are the best churning cards?

I have read that you can churn Alaska Airlines as soon as 6 mo., but I know that other cards you have to wait 2 years. Are others as easy? I am curious about this subject, hopefully it hasn't been talked about in one place in this forum. Forgive me if I am being redundant.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
citi hilton?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:28 am

That card is garbage. I got one when I was points short for a huge redemption but I will never get another. Why would you waste a credit pull on that card? If you MS that 50K points is worth a maximum of $101.15 and and currently it is only worth $35.55 for me. Sucks if your going for Multiple CITI Exec's and you have a bunch of inquiries from churning Hilton cards
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Anything from Barclays.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Anything from Barclays.
Last I checked, Barclays limits new accounts to 2/year or 1/ 6 months.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
That card is garbage. I got one when I was points short for a huge redemption but I will never get another. Why would you waste a credit pull on that card? If you MS that 50K points is worth a maximum of $101.15 and and currently it is only worth $35.55 for me. Sucks if your going for Multiple CITI Exec's and you have a bunch of inquiries from churning Hilton cards
The average basic redemption rate puts the worth of 50k Hhonors points at closer to $200-$250. For a 5th night free or AXON offer we're talking $250-$300. It's worth more than you think. The low required spend makes it popular for churners that are not using many MS techniques who might not be able to make the required spend on cards like the Citi Exec.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by shinypenny01
The average basic redemption rate puts the worth of 50k Hhonors points at closer to $200-$250. For a 5th night free or AXON offer we're talking $250-$300. It's worth more than you think. The low required spend makes it popular for churners that are not using many MS techniques who might not be able to make the required spend on cards like the Citi Exec.
Yes 50k points are worth that much but I can generate 50K points for ~$35-100 out of pocket very easily.

Edit: your right about people who do limited MS but I think anyone could do 5-10K a month MS without much work.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hiima
Last I checked, Barclays limits new accounts to 2/year or 1/ 6 months.
What about Chase? I hear they're pretty loose....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:02 pm

What about Chase? I hear they're pretty loose....
Chase is a 2-year wait from account closure before applying for the same card again, so they are the least churnable. But Amex will take the top spot soon.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

your right about people who do limited MS but I think anyone could do 5-10K a month MS without much work.
Well, everyone is different. I don't use HH points that often, and have built up a big stash, so one or two of these cards most years is enough for me at this point. To me, a couple pulls a year (and $2k spend a year) is no big deal, while 5-10k a month MS is a big deal (I live nowhere near a Walmart, for starters).

Plus, Citi doesn't mind churning the HH card like crazy, but some banks are starting to crack down on too much MSing by some people. So to me, if you don't mind the pulls, churning sounds possibly safer than that amount of MSing.

So the way you claim that anyone could do that much MSing, I could claim that anyone should be able to easily tolerate a pull for each 50k. Neither claim is totally true, because the word "anyone" does not really belong in either claim.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, everyone is different. I don't use HH points that often, and have built up a big stash, so one or two of these cards most years is enough for me at this point. To me, a couple pulls a year (and $2k spend a year) is no big deal, while 5-10k a month MS is a big deal (I live nowhere near a Walmart, for starters).

Plus, Citi doesn't mind churning the HH card like crazy, but some banks are starting to crack down on too much MSing by some people. So to me, if you don't mind the pulls, churning sounds possibly safer than that amount of MSing.

So the way you claim that anyone could do that much MSing, I could claim that anyone should be able to easily tolerate a pull for each 50k. Neither claim is totally true, because the word "anyone" does not really belong in either claim.
True. You need to live near the action. Anyone that lives near a MS source could easily do 5-10K a month.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:37 pm

Yes 50k points are worth that much but I can generate 50K points for ~$35-100 out of pocket very easily.

Edit: your right about people who do limited MS but I think anyone could do 5-10K a month MS without much work.
Some people have no interest in MS. I also like getting the points for nothing. Makes this game more fun IMO

380 K HH is worth close to $2700 for me.

I have $1000 plus in monthly expenses I can only pay by Visa, thus far that has been 720k plus HH points for doing nothing other than everyday spending.

I'm sure you do very well MS and it's worth it to you so carry on.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:27 am

Please please PM me with insight on how you do it as I've tried to do MS but can't do much with it. Most months if I make just the minimum spend on a new card I'm happy. I live in NYC, no Walmart, almost no way to get MO, Plenty of CVS but all cash now. Hell, don't even have a US bank in NYC for free ATM withdraws if I needed to load a Visa buzz.. I'm fairly new to the MS scene so I must be still doing it all wrong. PM me with some insight. Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by waingro
Chase is a 2-year wait from account closure before applying for the same card again, so they are the least churnable. But Amex will take the top spot soon.
For being loose? I love their cards!

If you haven't caught on yet, I know the banks I'm naming are all very strict with sign on bonuses, because this topic is covered to death elsewhere.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waingro
For being loose?
No, the opposite:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html

Ie, Amex will take the "least churnable" spot away from Chase next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.