Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:01 pm

45K offer

I got a targeted offer via snail mail, 15K miles after first purchase, spend $3000 in 120 days for an additional 30K.

Called today after waiting 10 days and the app was held up due to not having my Skypass number. Rep said everything looks good and will continue processing the app. I'll believe it when I get the card in my hands since I've already got 2 US Bank cards in the last year or so and applied for 4 other cards the same day.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Slickw
I got a targeted offer via snail mail, 15K miles after first purchase, spend $3000 in 120 days for an additional 30K.

Called today after waiting 10 days and the app was held up due to not having my Skypass number. Rep said everything looks good and will continue processing the app. I'll believe it when I get the card in my hands since I've already got 2 US Bank cards in the last year or so and applied for 4 other cards the same day.
Wow. That's the best offer I've seen ever for the skypass card. Previous best was 40000 after spending 2000 in 4 months, and that was a special airline anniversary offer. I would definitely take advantage of it!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Does anyone know if this card is churnable? I have 30k miles now from getting the card during the 30k offer, but need another 30k for a flight that I have on hold. I was planning to transfer some miles using my Chase Ultimate Rewards points, but it appears that KE was just removed as a transfer partner. I know that the offer now is only 20k, but it would get me closer.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:10 pm

What do you guys think of the Korean Air SKYPASS Visa Signature Card?

Now that Chase is no longer doing mile transfers to Korean Air, I am considering opening this card.

What do you guys think about this card?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
It's got EMV, no FTF, it includes lounge vouchers, spend counts towards status, aside from the crappy sign-up bonus it's not bad to have for the annual fee. That and you don't have many options for earning Skypass miles otherwise if Chase is no longer transferring.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:02 pm

I'm sorry what is EMV and what is FTF?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
EMV is Chip+Signature. In short, it's more secure than the traditional magstripe because it can't be copied.

FTF is foreign transaction fee. A great many cards charge you extra if you use them outside the US. This one doesn't.

Both of these terms have been defined over and over again in other threads, so I was operating under the assumption that you'd read some of them. Especially EMV, since there's a thread labeled "USA EMV cards: Availability, experiences, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature)" a couple posts above this one.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:24 am

Ah I see.
Thank you for the info!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
What do you guys think of the Korean Air SKYPASS Visa Signature Card?

Apparently the Chase/Korean Air transfer ability was just put on hold, not actually cancelled
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:24 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Be careful that they don't approve you for a lesser version with no bonus miles.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
I was just looking at the SKYPASS Visa Signature Card and noticed the following:

SKYPASS Visa card purchases help you reach and maintain Morning Calm Club membership.7
Morning Calm Club members are entitled to exclusive check-in services, KAL lounge access, priority baggage handling and SkyTeam Elite member status. For more details, visit www.koreanair.com.
Source: https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...edit-card.html

What does this mean? Can one somehow get status with Korean by having this card?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I was just looking at the SKYPASS Visa Signature Card and noticed the following:

Source: https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...edit-card.html

What does this mean? Can one somehow get status with Korean by having this card?
See post 6 in this very thread...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jamar
The more appealing thing about this card is that spend also counts towards Morning Calm (elite status) with KE. If that's something you need then here it is. Normally you'd need 50k miles flown, but with the card you can spend $20k on the card and only fly 30k to get it. If you don't want the AmEx/DL card (or are bumping into their new limit on bonuses) this is another shortcut to Skyteam Elite.
Does this mean the limit is 20k status miles from the credit card or can you spend your way to top tier status without ever stepping on a plane?

Last edited by FlyingXplorer; Dec 1, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:38 pm

They did approve me for the lesser version so I canceled it.
I don't know why they send you a card that you never applied for.

They said that I opened too many cards... okay, that is true although it was NOT because I need the credit.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Question

I was told that US Bank is having issues with Korean Air in verifying account numbers so applications have been put on hold since early November. Has anyone been recently approved within the last 30 days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.