Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...rsary1&lang=en

Enjoy!

Apply by May 31, 2014, for the SKYPASS Visa Signature card or SKYPASS Visa Business card and after first purchase, receive 30,000 Bonus Miles. Use the card anywhere in the world Visa is accepted and earn miles that can be combined with your SKYPASS flight miles!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by timothy10

Enjoy!

Apply by May 31, 2014, for the SKYPASS Visa Signature card or SKYPASS Visa Business card and after first purchase, receive 30,000 Bonus Miles. Use the card anywhere in the world Visa is accepted and earn miles that can be combined with your SKYPASS flight miles!
Details on AF and other perks and pricing?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
timoty19, thanks for the link.
unkn0wns0ldier, all the info is two clicks away.

It's US Bank. The annual fees are $80 for personal and $75 for business, NOT WAIVED. I don't think it's worth it unless you're collecting Korean; besides redeeming Korean miles is not the most straightforward process in the world.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:12 pm

Even if you sign up for both versions of the card you can only afford a round trip flight to South America. Pretty weak offer unless you can use the miles for domestic flights in korea.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:30 pm

I would do this but I've heard that US Bank often will approve for just the lower version of the card which is obviously not worth it. I would be miffed if I had a HP for this card and then ended up with the wrong version.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Even if you sign up for both versions of the card you can only afford a round trip flight to South America. Pretty weak offer unless you can use the miles for domestic flights in korea.
The more appealing thing about this card is that spend also counts towards Morning Calm (elite status) with KE. If that's something you need then here it is. Normally you'd need 50k miles flown, but with the card you can spend $20k on the card and only fly 30k to get it. If you don't want the AmEx/DL card (or are bumping into their new limit on bonuses) this is another shortcut to Skyteam Elite.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
30K Korean Air Skypass Visa [Until 5/31/14]

Not a huge offer, but the normal for this is only 15K so this is pretty good for a first spend. $50 Annual fee for personal, $75 for business.

Offer good until 5/31

Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
There is another thread on this already
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...0k-points.html

Originally Posted by jeremywight
Not a huge offer, but the normal for this is only 15K so this is pretty good for a first spend. $50 Annual fee for personal, $75 for business.

Offer good until 5/31

Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by rambo
There is another thread on this already
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...0k-points.html
Thanks. Didn't see that.

Mods please merge/delete.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
a roundtrip economy ticket to Korea from North America is 70K miles. personal card, business card, 60K right there. transfer 10K UR points to KE and you've got a roundtrip ticket right there with virtually no spend on 60K miles + $155 in annual fees. Not bad.

if you don't want or can't get the business card, then have your SO get one and you can pool your miles with KE.

if you can't fathom the thought of flying economy, prestige is 125,000 miles roundtrip, but you can do OW flights on KE so 62,500 miles. that's only a 2,500 transfer of UR points, even better.

and the huge benefit of flying on KE using KE miles (despite high-ish YQ/YR) no change fees and incredibly easy to check award seat availability online.

booking award tickets is not as difficult as people make it sound. yea, not as easy as united, delta or american, but you can make your reservation through their online chat and any documents you need to send over for ticketing you can just fill out, take a picture with your phone and email to skypass. not too complicated.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:49 am

Transfer points and cancel

First post and new to the forum. And I love what I'm seeing. I opened up 3 credit cards this past month to get these 'free' travel points. And I already have enough to fly to LA from DC which is totally awesome. But I digress...

The question I have is after transferring my Korean air sky pass points (45k) to my mom, can I cancel my credit card and she still keep my points? I would keep the card if I plan on going back to Korea or flying with any of their partners but I do not see that in my future. My g/f wont go to Korea unless she HAS to and prefer the Caribbeans when we go on vacay.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by tkim11
First post and new to the forum. And I love what I'm seeing. I opened up 3 credit cards this past month to get these 'free' travel points. And I already have enough to fly to LA from DC which is totally awesome. But I digress...

The question I have is after transferring my Korean air sky pass points (45k) to my mom, can I cancel my credit card and she still keep my points? I would keep the card if I plan on going back to Korea or flying with any of their partners but I do not see that in my future. My g/f wont go to Korea unless she HAS to and prefer the Caribbeans when we go on vacay.
I'd check the T&C's before closing the card.

Here is an example of the Marriott Rewards Premier card T&C.

If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tkim11
The question I have is after transferring my Korean air sky pass points (45k) to my mom, can I cancel my credit card and she still keep my points?
You are going to be charged the annual fee in your first statement. It us not waived for the first year, so you might as well keep the card and cancel before the next annual fee is due. That way you don't have to worry about them taking the miles back.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA++
Korean Air visa 30k after first purchase

I got an email on this offer with $80 annual fee.

Is this a good deal?
Old May 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...sary10&lang=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.