Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by jamar
The more appealing thing about this card is that spend also counts towards Morning Calm (elite status) with KE. If that's something you need then here it is. Normally you'd need 50k miles flown, but with the card you can spend $20k on the card and only fly 30k to get it. If you don't want the AmEx/DL card (or are bumping into their new limit on bonuses) this is another shortcut to Skyteam Elite.
Do you have a link with this info info? I know that for the 500K/1M miler levels that CC spend is excluded, but not sure if this is the case for their MC Club qualification.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Originally Posted by msp3
Where are people signing up to get the 40,000 offer? just opting in to spam?
In hopes of being targeted, I opened a KE frequent flyer account several months ago. I also have a different US Bank card from a couple years ago. I was recently sent a snail mail offer for 40K and was approved (after about 3 weeks) for the KE card.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:23 pm

I opened a Korean Air SkyPass account in late January and received the targeted offer for the 40k card today. I'm probably going to hold off on applying to let my credit score bounce back a bit.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Never had any activity in my years-old Skypass account. Then today I got 2 offers:

1. 45k/$4K spend/FYF, Biz card
2. 40k/$3K spend/FYF, personal

how good are these offers?

6 inquiries last 6 months. How much chance I could get both?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Never had any activity in my years-old Skypass account. Then today I got 2 offers:

1. 45k/$4K spend/FYF, Biz card
2. 40k/$3K spend/FYF, personal

how good are these offers?

6 inquiries last 6 months. How much chance I could get both?
Where are those inquiries? Are they spread out or concentrated on a particular bureau? How many inquiries in the last year, two years?

Have you frozen ARS and Sagestream?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:13 pm

No freezing at all. Inquiries are spread out, with less on equifax, averaging 1 inquiry a month the past 2 years.

Plus, no US Bank cards ever!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:53 pm

No freezing at all. Inquiries are spread out, with less on equifax, averaging 1 inquiry a month the past 2 years.

Plus, no US Bank cards ever!
Freeze both of those. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/two-credit-bureaus-you-should-freeze-before-you-apply-for-a-u-s-bank-credit-card/

You have a lot of total inquiries. From what I can gather, US Bank tends to pull from Ex the most, with Eq second, depending on where you live. I'd say your chances are pretty slim as of now, but if you chance it, let us know how things go.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:58 pm

Thx for your advice. I need to weigh this, to see if it's worth it. I don't want a bunch of orphaned miles, no matter how good the offers are, you know?

So are these offers I got today about as high as have been seen, for FYF Skypass cards?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Thx for your advice. I need to weigh this, to see if it's worth it. I don't want a bunch of orphaned miles, no matter how good the offers are, you know?

So are these offers I got today about as high as have been seen, for FYF Skypass cards?
I got a mail offer this past week for 40K Skypass miles on the personal card
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by travel_mav
I got a mail offer this past week for 40K Skypass miles on the personal card
Wife and I got the same- dual language Korean and English- I have a Korean last name but don't speak any Korean so always enjoy the dual language ads
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:40 pm

I got pre-approved for both personal and business 40k/45k. Should I submit both on the same day? I got declined US Bank Cash card for too much inquiry about 2-3 months ago. Should I wait until end of July to submit both applications on the same day to test my luck?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:18 am

I'm sure US Bank uses EXP in my area. Will freezing EXP allow me to force the agent to work towards getting me a Visa signature ... basically just like the BoA Alaska Airlines 3BM?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:29 pm

I froze my IDA and ARS reports about a week ago and applied for the Korean Air card today. Approved for $10 000, and I got an alert for Credit Sesame that I had a new inquiry (TransUnion, in Florida). I figured that this was a good chance to combine inquiries, so I applied and was approved for the Amex FlexPerks with a $6000 limit. I then get a notification from CreditKarma for a new inquiry, and I see that I got an inquiry on Equifax as well as TransUnion. Florida here.

Is it possible that they actually pulled TransUnion for the first and then Equifax for the second? Or did I get pulled both for both?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: most of them
I got the 40K offer in the mail. Was approved online immediately 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for my card. Any other bank would have had the card in my hands within a week. Not very impressed by US Bank so far.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Everyone with the offers via "mail" do you guys mean e-mail or snail mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.