Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: all
i got this too

korean redemptions take a little bit of work through...fyi
Old May 11, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: AA++
Just applied visa signature. It said I have to wait 7-10 days for approval.

Anyone got this?
Old May 14, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ssg10
Just applied visa signature. It said I have to wait 7-10 days for approval.

Anyone got this?
I applied May 9th and my application is still in process according to the automated status checking on the phone (800-947-1444). I spoke to a representative a couple of days ago and they were no help at all. I thought that if I offered to split the $12k credit limit of my Club Carlson card with the KE card, I could get a quick approval like you can on the Chase reconsideration line. The rep just said that my app is going through normal processing, and she couldn't even make a note of my offer to split my credit limit.

Update: I just received an email today (May 15) that I was approved, so it was a total of 4 business days.

Last edited by Richard1148; May 15, 2014 at 3:04 pm Reason: Update
Old May 22, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Originally Posted by pantanal
i got this too

korean redemptions take a little bit of work through...fyi
a little bit of work? you can book everything online through their website. it used to be difficult but they revamped their website and now it is one of the easiest to use.
Old May 24, 2014, 11:39 am

Wouldn't these cards be good for flights to Hawaii via Hawaiian or Alaska Airlines? Both cost 30k miles and, from my understanding, don't impose the huge fees that KE does.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:31 am

Personal and Business?

Has anyone applied for both personal and business cards at the same time and been approved? I've heard US Bank can be strict but haven't heard about that scenario.

Thanks
Old May 30, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Has anyone applied for both personal and business cards at the same time and been approved? I've heard US Bank can be strict but haven't heard about that scenario.

Thanks
I'm also interested in this information...
Old May 30, 2014, 8:55 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
does anyone know which bureau USBank usually pulls?

or for those that applied, who they pulled for you and location?

thanks!
Old May 31, 2014, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by FTRox87
does anyone know which bureau USBank usually pulls?

or for those that applied, who they pulled for you and location?

thanks!
In SF area they pulled Equifax
Old May 31, 2014, 8:18 pm

I also got the "7-10 days" message when I applied today (nothing like waiting until the last minute), so I'm glad to see this happened to everyone else too.
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I applied May 9th and my application is still in process according to the automated status checking on the phone (800-947-1444). I spoke to a representative a couple of days ago and they were no help at all. I thought that if I offered to split the $12k credit limit of my Club Carlson card with the KE card, I could get a quick approval like you can on the Chase reconsideration line. The rep just said that my app is going through normal processing, and she couldn't even make a note of my offer to split my credit limit.

Update: I just received an email today (May 15) that I was approved, so it was a total of 4 business days.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:08 am

business plus personal?

Applied biz card May 28, got pending message. Applied personal card May 31, now no record of either app. Will call Monday to sort out.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:06 am

Been a lurker for a while and hopefully I can (for once) help you guys out. My wife and I both applied for both the business and the personal, she got both, I strangely got just the business card.
This is where things get kind of strange. I received the cards and have made a purchase on the cards and I send a message to their online service and the reply was simply "You will receive your 10,000 miles when your first statement is posted"; to which I immediately called their CSR.
I was told then that I had to spend $2,500 within three months and would then get 35,000 miles. Both of these were completely different from the offer that both my wife and I signed up for. I'm not sure if this is common with US Bank or not, but definitely strange. I would recommend calling to see which promotion you actually fall under.
As a side note, how are the Korean Air promotion miles distributed? Do they go right into my KE account? Or will they be in my US Bank account? To be honest the faster I can move away from the US Bank website, the better for me; it's really a pain to navigate.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by traydragen
As a side note, how are the Korean Air promotion miles distributed? Do they go right into my KE account? Or will they be in my US Bank account? To be honest the faster I can move away from the US Bank website, the better for me; it's really a pain to navigate.
Straight to your KE account, although it may take a while (not months, but certainly not like the day after your statement).

If you're unsure, just call a CSR to double check your KE account number associated with your credit card. Your first statement will tell you that account number, and for me it took like 1 week-ish before the miles posted on my KE account.

For people saying that this is a weak offer, let me just say that KE has one of the best premium cabin availability for travel to Asia. It's also a partner with Chase, so that's why I've always grabbed these offers whenever I can.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Originally Posted by ashu
Originally Posted by adlibitum

Thanks
I'm also interested in this information...
Last year i did skypass personal and club Carlson biz on the same day and was insta-approved online.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Does anyone know the time it takes to get the miles posted after the first billing statement? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.