Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou

No word from Citi on this but it appears the rumors of Citi Prestige members getting Admiral's access are correct. American just listed it as an option in their Admiral's Club directory.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...tions.jsp#amex

Funny. If you look at the URL above it still shows #amex. Looks like they just renamed the Amex Platinum benefit and passed it to Citi Prestige.

I would expect more detail from Citi soon if AA IT is beginning to implement against a scheduled rollout.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I noticed this on the AA website myself yesterday. It appears that you don't get access to partner lounges (i.e. Qantas, etc.) with the Prestige, though. You do get access to partner lounges with the Citi AA Exec card and with AC membership.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Now all they need to do is make TYP transferable to AAdvantage miles.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Now all they need to do is make TYP transferable to AAdvantage miles.
That would be a religious epiphany.

Not much to like about ThankYou points if you prefer to sit up front on the plane.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Some guest access info from AA.com:

Citi Prestige Card holder 2 Guests or immediate family*

Citi Prestige Card holder must present a stand-by ticket or boarding pass (other than a non-revenue ticket or boarding pass for airline employee travel), showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit.)
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brewdog11
I noticed this on the AA website myself yesterday. It appears that you don't get access to partner lounges (i.e. Qantas, etc.) with the Prestige, though. You do get access to partner lounges with the Citi AA Exec card and with AC membership.
Their weakness has been domestic lounges. If they keep Airport Angel, AA should provide good domestic coverage and Airport Angel decent international coverage.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Some guest access info from AA.com:

Citi Prestige Card holder 2 Guests or immediate family*

Citi Prestige Card holder must present a stand-by ticket or boarding pass (other than a non-revenue ticket or boarding pass for airline employee travel), showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit.)
As you mention in your next post the Prestige card's weakness has been domestic lounges. However, as per the quote above adding Admiral Club access does not solve the domestic lounge access for those individuals who fly other airlines besides American. Even worse, this access is only being provided to flights on American, American Eagle Airlines Inc., and American Connection carrier flight number even though the new American includes USAirways flights and offers codeshares on USAirways flights. As such, if you fly on the USAirways side of the new American you do not receive any benefits until the two airlines become one.

While I am excited about the addition of Admiral's club access, I am disappointed that it doesn't include access regardless of airline flown or at least include USAirways operated flights.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 1:39 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Wow, this news is huge. I'm surprised Citi hasn't made a formal announcement of this, hasn't formally notified existing cardholders, and that they haven't revised their online marketing materials for the Prestige Card to reflect this new benefit.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: all
its odd...on the other hand Citi is saying the the AA Exec Card is the only card that has admirals club access
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
Huge news! Guess it's time for me to bring my travel back over to American from DL.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:38 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by pantanal
its odd...on the other hand Citi is saying the the AA Exec Card is the only card that has admirals club access
The current marketing materials for the Citi AA Exec card read, "The only credit card with an Admirals Club membership," and the press release announcing the exclusive AA/Citi relationship a few months ago read, "will be the only U.S. credit card offering full membership benefits at the American Airlines Admirals Club® airport lounges".

While it is true that the AA Exec card grants the cardholder a full Admirals Club membership, I always thought this language was interesting because it opened the way for Citi to grant another card product *access* but not membership.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dw
The current marketing materials for the Citi AA Exec card read, "The only credit card with an Admirals Club membership," and the press release announcing the exclusive AA/Citi relationship a few months ago read, "will be the only U.S. credit card offering full membership benefits at the American Airlines Admirals Club® airport lounges".

While it is true that the AA Exec card grants the cardholder a full Admirals Club membership, I always thought this language was interesting because it opened the way for Citi to grant another card product *access* but not membership.
This. Citi Executive has a membership, Citi Prestige provides access as of March 3rd. But only for the primary card holder and only on a AA/AE flight.

Think of the Citi Executive as membership, and the Citi Prestige as the new Amex Platinum. You can use it to access the club, but it is not a membership, and you will not get in without presenting the card.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:47 pm

Are we sure it's only for the primary card holder? Amex Plat wasn't that way.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nall
It is not. AA.com specifically lists guest access to 2 guests or immediate family.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nall
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.