FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1558997-aa-citi-card-miles-not-transferred-aadvantage-accounts-consolidated.html)

LOVETOGO1 Mar 10, 2014 3:27 am

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Moderator Note: See the discussion in the wiki

Hi, I have often read threads on here; but never posted. We are having an issue getting my husbands miles posted to his AA account from his business credit card. Not only have the bonus miles not posted, none of his miles have posted for the past 3 months. He has spoken to Citi and AA. Citi did verify that they do have the correct AA account linked to the credit card. The last person at AA said they saw something; but it should be corrected, and that was a week ago. This is very frustrating. We're talking about almost 60,000 miles. I have an AA personal card and have not had any issues. I guess we need to get another business card to use until this issue can be resolved. Has anybody else had this issue and how long did it take to resolve it. Does anybody have any suggestions? I would really appreciate any advise. Thanks.

beltway Mar 10, 2014 4:14 am

Originally Posted by LOVETOGO1 (Post 22495415)
We are having an issue getting my husbands miles posted to his AA account from his business credit card. Not only have the bonus miles not posted, none of his miles have posted for the past 3 months. He has spoken to Citi and AA. Citi did verify that they do have the correct AA account linked to the credit card. The last person at AA said they saw something; but it should be corrected, and that was a week ago. This is very frustrating. We're talking about almost 60,000 miles. I have an AA personal card and have not had any issues.

Numerous people have encountered this same problem in recent weeks. See discussion in the last few pages of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html.

LOVETOGO1 Mar 10, 2014 4:34 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 22495528)
Numerous people have encountered this same problem in recent weeks. See discussion in the last few pages of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html.

Thanks so much. I usually to to find things; but was looking for a separate post.

apuraja Mar 10, 2014 5:39 am

This topic needs a separate thread. I recommend mods do not merge this with the generic thread.

healthnut Mar 10, 2014 6:35 am

1. Call AAdvantage: 1-800-882-8880
2. Open up a case. Tell the CSR how many miles need to be transferred, from which CC account (last four digits), when they were earned, etc.
3. Write down the case number.
4. If miles do not post within a week, contact number in #1, reference case number, and see what's up. (anndddd request some bonus miles for your hassle ;))

fromfall98 Mar 10, 2014 11:29 am

Originally Posted by healthnut (Post 22495951)
1. Call AAdvantage: 1-800-882-8880
2. Open up a case. Tell the CSR how many miles need to be transferred, from which CC account (last four digits), when they were earned, etc.
3. Write down the case number.
4. If miles do not post within a week, contact number in #1, reference case number, and see what's up. (anndddd request some bonus miles for your hassle ;))

Step #5: Repeat steps 1 through 4 again and again till issue gets resolved.:(

healthnut Mar 10, 2014 11:52 am

Originally Posted by fromfall98 (Post 22497601)
Step #5: Repeat steps 1 through 4 again and again till issue gets resolved.:(

Yes, possibly. However with my first Citi AA account, I did that process and the miles were posted within three days.

My 100k Executive statement posts today, so it will be interesting to see how well it syncs in the next few days... May be back in the same boat!

quikie Mar 10, 2014 11:55 am

This is my 5th AA account and the miles did not post where before they posted same day as statement.

Sup3r52man Mar 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Follow up to Miles not reporting:

Just spoke with Citi Advantage Desk Supervisor after waiting for a call back. I was informed that the known issue with miles not reporting is when "like brand cards" are linked to an AAdvantage account.. The systems registers it as a duplicate when the request is sent and discards it. They have to then send a request to their IT department to have the card manually applied to the AAdvantage number. So if you already had a Mastercard this could be a legit cause to the problem. Let me know how many of you who already had an MC on your account has their 1st statement show as: Miles Report to AA: 0.

tys90 Mar 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Definitely had this problem with the Executive MC. Going to call the number and see what they say.

TravelingRabbit Mar 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Happened to both my wife an I with cards applied for in Dec, met spend in Feb, statement shows miles, none in AA.

Called AA and they opened a ticket, although they said 2+ weeks to resolve the issue.

One thing to note for the wiki is that AA advised that if you are booking award tickets, put the ticket on hold, call them, and they will clear the ticket for you since they area aware of the problem.

knn9413a Mar 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Is the problem because of having 2 AA MC's at the same time? If that is the case, I might have shelve my old AA bronze MC.

Sup3r52man Mar 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by knn9413a (Post 22500477)
Is the problem because of having 2 AA MC's at the same time? If that is the case, I might have shelve my old AA bronze MC.

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
From what it seems, if you previously have a Citi AA MasterCard product AA system is having an issue assigning this card as a second MasterCard. As I unravel more I will update.

I Love to Travel Mar 10, 2014 10:08 pm

I'm having this issue with AA biz MC, which I opened in December. None of the miles have posted for this account. After several calls, they still haven't been able to fix the miles posting issue. I currently also have several open AA personal Visas, 1 AA biz Visa and a newly open Citi AA Exec MC. The miles from all these accounts continue to post promptly, including those earned on the New AA Exec MC.

Last week, a AA agent opened a case and told me to give them to the end of this week to get the miles posted. We shall see.

The AA agent was able to see all the cards linked to my AA acct and had me confirm which was the problem account.

kwbtraveler Mar 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel (Post 22501023)
I'm having this issue with AA biz MC, which I opened in December. None of the miles have posted for this account. After several calls, they still haven't been able to fix the miles posting issue. I currently also have several open AA personal Visas, 1 AA biz Visa and a newly open Citi AA Exec MC. The miles from all these accounts continue to post promptly, including those earned on the New AA Exec MC.

Last week, a AA agent opened a case and told me to give them to the end of this week to get the miles posted. We shall see.

The AA agent was able to see all the cards linked to my AA acct and had me confirm which was the problem account.

I'm having issue with my AA MC Biz account. Personal MC posts fine. Worried my new AA Exec MC will have same issue. Your data seems to point to only the Biz card having problem; which is a relief to me. :)

I've called Citi and claim it will be fixed soon. Will work phone in morning again.

Agent you spoke to was Citi or AA?