Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
10 days have gone by since I called and they opened a ticket, and nothing back from AA... : (
It's been a month in my case. I don't think my situation is unusual either.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US
I just spoke with the Citi Business Card CSR and she told me they expect to have the problem resolved by 31 March! Darn, I'm ready to book award trave and only my personal card is showing. I need the 65000 miles I've earned on the business card to make this trip work! Grrrr
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by havaiisteve
I just spoke with the Citi Business Card CSR and she told me they expect to have the problem resolved by 31 March! Darn, I'm ready to book award trave and only my personal card is showing. I need the 65000 miles I've earned on the business card to make this trip work! Grrrr
AA has stated to me that if your Citi statement shows the miles earned but not transferred to AA that you can still use them and go into the negative miles balance if needed. I think they give Citi a call to confirm if you want to use them.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by tys90
AA has stated to me that if your Citi statement shows the miles earned but not transferred to AA that you can still use them and go into the negative miles balance if needed. I think they give Citi a call to confirm if you want to use them.
Can confirm. Just did this myself. Took about an hour though and I got bounced around a bunch of agents.

Now I just have to wait for CX F HKG-LAX to ticket.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:57 pm

Emailed AA Saturday and still haven't heard from them yet. Maybe a Facebook prod will help?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:55 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by Superorb
Emailed AA Saturday and still haven't heard from them yet. Maybe a Facebook prod will help?
Let us know if that a or twitter message helps
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
OK everyone, my 110,000 miles have finally shown up today. This is for my 1st card applied for back on Feb 16th, here is what you need to do: [...]
My first EXE card closed with 110,078 miles earned (first statement) with 0 miles being reported to AA on 03/08. So I followed your advice as listed above and began with the email to AA. Message sent yesterday and today received a voice mail from AA (I missed the call) stating both accounts (I have two EXE's currently) have been linked to my Citi Account. I just sent a SM following your template to Citi and will report back the outcome.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Mar 20, 2014 at 9:20 am Reason: please trim long quotes
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:13 pm

Sent email to AA on Friday and no response yet. Maybe because I was asking about an Exec card #2 and a Business card. (Exec card #1 linked automatically)
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:22 pm

After following steps posted by Sup3r52man, I received the following message from Citi.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are in the process of linking your account to your American Airlines AAdvantage® Number XXXXX so we can post American Airlines AAdvantage® miles on your American Airlines AAdvantage® account. Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite miles in situations of this nature.

Some important information:

Please allow 2 billing periods for your AAdvantage® miles to begin posting to your AAdvantage® account.

Your AAdvantage® miles will be combined for the past months, and the total will appear on your statement within the next 2 billing periods.

Future monthly AAdvantage® miles will appear on the statement on which they are earned.

We regret any inconvenience or difficulty this may have caused you.
Some people are getting miles after first billing statement and others not. Some are getting miles posted after requesting their accounts linked, and others as in my case are not. This is not my first AA card, it's my fourth with my first over a year ago.

Like many aspects of the miles biz, YMMV.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by bleech2
Sent email to AA on Friday and no response yet. Maybe because I was asking about an Exec card #2 and a Business card. (Exec card #1 linked automatically)
I emailed them Saturday and no reply. Sent a message on FB and they replied telling me to call AAdvantage. I don't have time to call everyone left and right, I have limited minutes on my phone each month.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I got a call today from AA telling me that they have forwarded this to CITI to correct
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Rodeojones
After following steps posted by Sup3r52man, I received the following message from Citi.

Some people are getting miles after first billing statement and others not. Some are getting miles posted after requesting their accounts linked, and others as in my case are not. This is not my first AA card, it's my fourth with my first over a year ago.

Like many aspects of the miles biz, YMMV.
Exact same happened to me. Very, very frustrating - but to be honest not the first time I've had the run-around from Citi. Their systems appear not to be, let's say, 'robust'. Sometimes that's a benefit, but not in this instance....
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:33 am

Received my first statement and no posting of miles to AA. Called number on back of card and was told they are aware of problem and it will be fixed by month's end. Also,my points which failed to post willdo so on next month's close. Fortunately, i do not need them so this will not be a problem.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:11 am

Emailed AAdvantage again since I hadn't heard back from my Saturday email. Used the template in post #73. Fingers crossed they actually reply this time. I'm sure they're sick and tired of this by now too.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Emailed AAdvantage again since I hadn't heard back from my Saturday email. Used the template in post #73. Fingers crossed they actually reply this time. I'm sure they're sick and tired of this by now too.
Got a call from AAdvantage but they didn't leave a voicemail. I didn't hear the phone ringing so I missed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.