Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Travel Rewards + Preferred Rewards = Up to 2.775% everywhere card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Travel Rewards + Preferred Rewards = Up to 2.775% everywhere card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: Everyone!
Ah, so NYCFlyer10001 is correct, you cannot do that with this card.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
This is the only card I use for personal expenses especially when travel overseas. The benefit of no FTF and higher rate of cash back for premier customer are equally important to me.

I havn't tried to use BOA travel service yet. Even with the bonus point, I don't think it will exceed the return from the airline's credit card. At least this is my situation - majority of my flight will be on UA so a $1,000 ticket purchase will bring me 3,000 miles if I use a UA/chase card, or $41.25 cash back for using BOA card. However, based on current UA MP program rules, $41.25 won't be enough to buy 3,000 miles.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
I'm about to use this card to pay my property taxes for the first time using a credit card. The govt. charges 2.35% of the payment amount for using a credit card. This is the first time that's not an obstacle!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by tangfish
I'm about to use this card to pay my property taxes for the first time using a credit card. The govt. charges 2.35% of the payment amount for using a credit card. This is the first time that's not an obstacle!
why not check? (unless you have Plat Honors for 2.625%... nice money maker there)
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by paperwastage
why not check? (unless you have Plat Honors for 2.625%... nice money maker there)
Yep, I do, so I will make a little pocket money by paying via credit card instead of check.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:25 am

Yep, I do, so I will make a little pocket money by paying via credit card instead of check.
Yup. It's amazing how so many cc payment possibilities are opened up at 2.625%. Property taxes, utilities, all sorts of things that charge 1.5-2.5% are now in play. My monthly cc bill has spiked, but I'm seriously racking up points and have been able to get the travel credit without issue.

One pain, and I'd welcome input from others here, is the BofA travel portal. Every. Single. Time. I go to actually book a flight, regardless of airline, itinerary, dates, etc. when I actually hit 'send' at the very last step, it tells me that the flight/fare is no longer available. Yet, when I redo the search, that same flight/fare is listed again.

I've had to call customer service to book, which doesn't get you the additional credit technically since it must be booked in the portal itself. Then a transfer to account services to get them to manually give the credit. One CSR told me I hadn't gotten to the portal "the right way" whatever that means. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Any thoughts here?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:37 am

I have only booked one flight but it was no problem and credited appropriately. I linked into it from within my BOA account.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by PGHflyer
I have only booked one flight but it was no problem and credited appropriately. I linked into it from within my BOA account.
Thanks. It's funny - I can't seem to get from the BofA site into the travel portal directly. If not too much trouble, could you please tell me the exact links you clicked to get there? Not urgent. TIA.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:18 pm

I did the exact same thing this year with my property taxes. My county charges a 2.5% processing fee. They will also do an ACH debit for the cost of a dollar. Only paying by check has no surcharge. It's great that paying by credit card was actually the cheapest payment method (including the rewards) for once. Here's to hoping BofA keeps this deal around for awhile.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:19 pm

In my BOA account, under the card, click the "Rewards" tab....click "learn more about your rewards program link" which opens a new window (shows I am logged in)....click earn more tab which only has the "earn bonus points at the travel center" option....now I am in the travel center (shows I am logged in).

Yeah, pretty ridiculous jumping of hoops. just put a damn link on my credit card page already
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by PGHflyer
In my BOA account, under the card, click the "Rewards" tab....click "learn more about your rewards program link" which opens a new window (shows I am logged in)....click earn more tab which only has the "earn bonus points at the travel center" option....now I am in the travel center (shows I am logged in).

Yeah, pretty ridiculous jumping of hoops. just put a damn link on my credit card page already
HOLY MOLY. Thank you. That's....ridiculous. Thanks so much!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, BOA Travel Visa,
Just opened BOA Travel Rewards Card, my observations

Opened up a BOA Travel Rewards Visa to replace my Chase Sapphire Preferred since Ultimate Rewards dropped the AGR points transfer option effective Dec. 7th.. What I will miss most is the Priority Collision Damage Waiver as it is secondary on the BOA Travel Rewards Card. I would be willing to pay a fee for this card if BOA would include primary CDW as a benefit. Other than that since I have a substantial amount in my Merrill Edge account and it is linked I am now getting the 75% bonus on the points which totals the points earned to 2.625 on every dollar spent. I will be using this card as my primary card now.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:58 am

This is my number one card that i go to. I used to use Barclay card but i get more points with bofa. I am also willing to pay a fee for this card if they have primary car coverage, 90 days price protection and 90 return. Best part about this card is to rack up points quickly and use it for any travel to use Rhett points. No need to use a card portal for travel is great.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:15 pm

You don't necessarily have to redeem for travel. The points for this card are WorldPoints and thus you can transfer the worldpoints to any other worldpoint cards such as the fidelity visa or Amex and redeem the cash to your fidelity account...
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by tjguitar85
You don't necessarily have to redeem for travel. The points for this card are WorldPoints and thus you can transfer the worldpoints to any other worldpoint cards such as the fidelity visa or Amex and redeem the cash to your fidelity account...

I didn't know that ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.