Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Travel Rewards + Preferred Rewards = Up to 2.775% everywhere card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Travel Rewards + Preferred Rewards = Up to 2.775% everywhere card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Fire_Fly
How do you redeem 25k points for flights up to $400? The only options I see are for travel credits, gift cards, or cash?
I think harleyn meant that the BoA Business Worldpoints card has the 25k for flights up to $400 perk.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1
BOA does not let me convert an Alaska Platinum card to a BOA 1-2-3 or a a Travel Rewards card. All they say is that the account is not eligible for a product change (it has been open for 13 months). I did HUCA twice, and also chatted once, and got the same answer. Does anybody have any idea about what may cause this?
BofA seems to have tightened up the rules. At this point My guess is that your only chance for a product change is through the executive office.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Fire_Fly
How do you redeem 25k points for flights up to $400? The only options I see are for travel credits, gift cards, or cash?
So this is interesting. I have the option on my business travel rewards card, but not on my personal one, even though both are supposedly the exact same card.

When you are in the BofA travel center (From the rewards page click "redeem points", then click the link that takes you into the bofa Travel center on the lower left) you can search for flights. I don't know the exact rules, but I think there has to be a Saturday overnight between the departing and return flights and the ticket + taxes/fees has to be under $400. Tickets that are close to 400 plus fees show up at a a points valuation of .01 per point.

I searched just now SAN > DAL round trip (depart 8/26 return 8/29) Many flights show up as 293.40 OR 25,000 points in the search results (this is on the business bofa travel rewards card )

I'll try to call bofa and ask what the difference is tomorrow if I get a chance.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by harleyn
So this is interesting. I have the option on my business travel rewards card, but not on my personal one, even though both are supposedly the exact same card.

When you are in the BofA travel center (From the rewards page click "redeem points", then click the link that takes you into the bofa Travel center on the lower left) you can search for flights. I don't know the exact rules, but I think there has to be a Saturday overnight between the departing and return flights and the ticket + taxes/fees has to be under $400. Tickets that are close to 400 plus fees show up at a a points valuation of .01 per point.

I searched just now SAN > DAL round trip (depart 8/26 return 8/29) Many flights show up as 293.40 OR 25,000 points in the search results (this is on the business bofa travel rewards card )

I'll try to call bofa and ask what the difference is tomorrow if I get a chance.
Is your personal card a Visa Signature?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Is your personal card a Visa Signature?
Yes both are Visa Signature
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:58 pm

Does BofA have any high premium cards to compete with Citi prestige, AMEX plat and now the new coming soon chase Sapphire reserve card? Or BofA considers BofA travel card a premium card
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Does BofA have any high premium cards to compete with Citi prestige, AMEX plat and now the new coming soon chase Sapphire reserve card? Or BofA considers BofA travel card a premium card
Not under the BofA name. There is the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ch-octave.html.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/merril...t-card-review/
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
And you need to have 10 million in balance lol
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:19 pm

If I book a cathay airlines ticket from India to US and back (for my relative) on the cathay india website (paid in Rupees), will BOA code this as flight category?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by herx
I just got my business credit card. Looks like it can be redeemed to personal checking account.

But see my post #198 in this thread, the minimum redemption amount to get full value is 25,000 points.

You an also get the same deal with some of BofA's personal cards. I have one that is called Platinum Plus but I am not sure if they still offer it.

On other boards some claim that you can transfer to the AAA card and redeem 2500 points for full value but others say that BofA is selling that to another bank.
hey... not sure if im doing something wrong. i have a personal travel rewards card as well as the business version. i've just transferred the points from my personal card to my business card. the business card has a total world point balance of 27K. however, when i redeem for cash deposit into my personal checking at BoA, its 27K points for $162.5.... aka at a ratio of 0.6 cent per point. how do i get 1 full cent per point? thanks
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by leberserkfury
hey... not sure if im doing something wrong. i have a personal travel rewards card as well as the business version. i've just transferred the points from my personal card to my business card. the business card has a total world point balance of 27K. however, when i redeem for cash deposit into my personal checking at BoA, its 27K points for $162.5.... aka at a ratio of 0.6 cent per point. how do i get 1 full cent per point? thanks
That business card is identical to personal BofA travel card. You need a different BofA business card to redeem at 1%. It's called WorldPoints® Rewards for business Visa card.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:50 pm

That business card is identical to personal BofA travel card. You need a different BofA business card to redeem at 1%. It's called WorldPoints® Rewards for business Visa card.
CRAP!!! can i product convert from the business travel rewards to this WorldPoints® Rewards for business Visa card ?? is this allowed?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:31 am

CRAP!!! can i product convert from the business travel rewards to this WorldPoints® Rewards for business Visa card ?? is this allowed?
Im not sure. I know personal cards can be product changed after a year. Only way to find out is to call BofA. Let us know if they can.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:13 am

Im not sure. I know personal cards can be product changed after a year. Only way to find out is to call BofA. Let us know if they can.
spoke with their customer service as well as business lending, they cannot convert. anyone has any idea if they will do another hard pull if i would to apply for the Worldpoints rewards for business visa? i got the business travel rewards just a few days ago.. thanks
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:50 am

spoke with their customer service as well as business lending, they cannot convert. anyone has any idea if they will do another hard pull if i would to apply for the Worldpoints rewards for business visa? i got the business travel rewards just a few days ago.. thanks
Yes, there will be another hard pull.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.