Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2014 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is an archive of messages from threads started in 2014 requesting advice on proposed credit card App-o-Rama (AOR) or "churns". These threads are seldom revived after the Original Poster reports results, but they generate a large number of false positives when using Search this Forum to locate discussions of specific cards.

The 2013 archive is here:

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Print Wikipost

2014 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
The conventional wisdom seems to be yes. YMMV.
I thought since they've already done the hard pull, they won't see the additional AOR apps which took place after this? Seems maybe I don't quite understand how this works. Or will they do another pull?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by FT2013
I thought since they've already done the hard pull, they won't see the additional AOR apps which took place after this? Seems maybe I don't quite understand how this works. Or will they do another pull?
Thought i read in CC thread of them occasionally even delaying the hard pull until the next day after application.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:51 pm

Thought i read in CC thread of them occasionally even delaying the hard pull until the next day after application.
I'm sure you're right. I'll need to do some more research.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

When I upgraded to Plat with 25k bonus no pulls. But for SPG yes. Granted that one is not a true true Amex prod, I guess...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
The conventional wisdom seems to be yes. YMMV.
Yes, and I would recommend the same approach with Barclays.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by roki
I believe that is not correct information.
It is a soft pull if the application is declined.

If you are approved, it is a hard pull.

It is well-documented on the Fico boards. You must be a primary card member. If you recon, it will most likely be a hard pull however.

Last edited by healthnut; Jan 10, 2014 at 5:48 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: AS MVP
AMEX denial? I've been trying for one of those for a year now with no luck.

The one time I applied for personal and business cards on the same day the second application was kicked out by their system as a duplicate even though they were personal and business, No hard pull was done for that card until I called in and they were able to pull it up after a couple days, put it back into the system and approve it.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by mnscout
Yes, and I would recommend the same approach with Barclays.
Why would you recommend the same approach with Barclays... are they also known for delayed credit report pulling, or is it for some other reason?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Planned AOR January 2014, sorted by planned application order:
Barclays US Air MC - 35k
Chase Hyatt Visa Signature - 2 free nights
Chase Ink Bold - 50k
Citi AAdvantage Business MC - 50k
Data Point:
Barclays US Air MC - 35k - instantly approved
Chase Hyatt Visa Signature - 2 free nights - instantly approved
Chase Ink Bold - 50k - approved after quick call to recon (1st ever business card)
Citi AAdvantage Business MC - 50k - pending proof of business

Anybody have a suggestion for providing proof of business? I see some people have provided utility bills for that purpose. The only problem is, this was actually in my wife's name ( (Sole Proprietor, SSN), and all our bills are in my name. Any other ideas? Or should I just switch a bill into her name, and send it to them the next time we get one? We've got 30 days to provide the proof (can be extended to 60, if necessary).
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:26 pm

Early 2014 AOR now complete!

50k Alaska Air
50k capital one venture
50k SW biz Plus
50k SW Personal premiere
50k Hilton Amex (sort of a waste I know)
70k Marriott
FIA Amex (only one that is pending recon)

Gonna be tough to take it easy for a few months lol
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Why would you recommend the same approach with Barclays... are they also known for delayed credit report pulling, or is it for some other reason?
Yes, from whatever anecdotal evidence we think we have . That and they really don't like app-o-Ramas.

Last edited by mnscout; Jan 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
Not entirely correct. For example, the Ink card bonuses you can get several times with different businesses. Chase also has different flavors of the same card (southwest premier vs. plus card) and if the program changes often that will trigger the card being considered a new product (a la avios). Chase also occasionally changes aspects of the product (adds chip/signature, changes from mastercard to visa etc) which also lead them to consider it a new product.
I have opened the Marriott, Priority Club, UA Personal and Amtrak CR's at least 2x in the last 2 years and have always received the bonuses. I have had up to 4 chase CR's opened at the same time. When I apply for a fifth card, the rep just tells me that I need to close one account and transfer the credit line to the new card....and it always gets approved. Sometimes they ask me why I've had so many credit cards. My answer: I get good CR offers, I apply and I get approved
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Need advice

I would like to get a free return flight from CGK-USA on any airline. Which credit cards should I consider for my next AOR?
I'm considering the Chase Ink Plus and Chase UA Mileageplus explorer card. Any better ideas?

My last AOR was in early Nov 2013 (3/4). When is the best time to do my next AOR?

My collection:
Discover It x 2
Chase Hyatt, Ink Bold
Capital One Quicksilver
Citi Forward, Preferred
Barclaycard Arrivial MC

Had in the past: CSP, Citi Premier
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hightide
I would like to get a free return flight from CGK-USA on any airline. Which credit cards should I consider for my next AOR?
I'm considering the Chase Ink Plus and Chase UA Mileageplus explorer card. Any better ideas?
I don't think we can tell you what to do, but there are other airlines to use other then *A... Go look at Citi AA cards..
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
If I want to app-o-rama ever 3 months, is it too much to order 4+ cards? In Sept 2013, I did 4 on the same day. Today I have short listed 5, but I can do 4 if people think 5 would be little too much. I plan to do the same 3-4 months from now. Please advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.