Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
<removed all expired links> (philemer)

*** Historical information follows: ***

Do not use a Preferred Application (10K Anniversay bonus) if you are not Preferred Elite. The reconsideration csr said as of December 11, 2014 the Preferred numbers are programmed in their computer and non-Preferred are immediately kicked out with no credit check. You cannot apply for any Barclays card for 30 days after rejection.

from the rejection letter I received:
The Dividend Miles number you provided on the application does not currently reflect a Preferred Status within the Dividend Miles program, and unfortunately this offer is only available to Dividend Miles members with Preferred Status. A credit report was not used in making this determination.

Note: If you are an existing cardholder of the older version of this card with a perpetual anniversary bonus, please ask account questions here:
[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Check Application Status

Current offers:
There is a new (as of Dec. 4, 2014) public offer for 50,000 bonus miles after the first purchase, $89 annual fee is not waived:
http://www.worldgotbigger.com/us-airways-credit-card/

There is also an offer for 50k now and 10k at first anniversary, for preferred members only, reported by jrobinson5 in Post 935 - but see that post for the link and that user's difficulties with it.

Older offers that may still work:

50k Offers - There are individually targeted offers circulating for a 50k signup bonus. No one has yet identified a way to apply without actually receiving a personalized code from Barclays in advance.

40k miles after first purchase; $89 annual fee NOT waived [This is the standard public offer]

40k miles after first purchase plus 10k miles at first (and only first) anniversary; $89 annual fee NOT waived [Note: For"Preferred Members Only"; for similar offers, this has been sporadically enforced - see the anniversary miles thread below for historical data]

Alternately, there is a long-running 35,000 mile offer with first year fee waived and 10,000 miles every anniversary:

Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 35K (WIKI) Now dead - However, see that thread for 30k + 10k anniversary offer

(All offers with perpetual anniversary bonus are no longer available)

FAQ's
What will happen to this card when American and US Airways mileage plans are merged ?
The best information we has says that when that happens, Barclays will no longer be able to issue new cards, but your existing card will continue to be serviced by Barclays and become an American Airlines "red" credit card with benefits similar to the Citi AA Platinum card now issued (http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...erican-merger/)

Can I churn this card?
Yes

When can I apply for my 2nd/3rd/etc cards?
The general consensus is that you wait 6 months between applications with calling for recon significantly reducing your chances (better to get instant approval). YMMV. Note that in late 2014 there were several successful reports of people applying sooner than 6 months.

Do I have to close already existing accounts before applications for subsequent cards?
No but as always, YMMV

What's the reconsideration line number?
1-866-408-4064. Only open M-F, 8am-5pm Eastern time.
1-866-951-1437, After-hours (24/7)

When do the bonus miles post?
The annual fee will usually be charged in the first billing cycle. So assuming you made another purchase of at least $0.01 during the first billing cycle, the bonus miles will be credited to your account on the second billing cycle. If the AF doesn't post until the 2nd cycle, and you wait til the stmt. appears, your miles will not post until the 3rd cycle.

Key things to note with these new cards:
1. The previous cards waived the first year's annual fee and offered 10k for holding the card another year whereby the annual fee was charged. FTers, however, reported that Barclays did not clawback the 10k bonus after cancelling the card shortly after the AF posted.

2. The new cards' T&Cs this time explicitly state that the bonus will post upon payment of the AF (which is not waived) given that the fee isn't rescinded.

-Does this mean they will clawback the points?
Not enough data to confirm this

-If they don't plan to clawback the miles, how do they enforce the new terms?
They could, in theory, award the bonus after the period in which you could request a refund of the AF expires

Can I make a purchase and pre-pay the $89 AF prior to the first statement posting and receive the bonus miles?
Maybe. As of now, there are at least three data points stating this has been done successfully. Make a purchase of $0.01 $1 or more then use bill pay to make the payment and include the $89 AF (e.g. - a $1 purchase requires a $90 payment). If done correctly, the bonus miles (and the spend miles) will post on your first statement and to US Airways one day after the statement closes.

However, there are at least 2 reports (see #400) of having done the above and the AF did not bill in the first cycle (hence no posting of sign up bonus in that cycle). See the post for a possible explanation.

PLEASE POST if you applied again (FEB-APRIL, 2015), and after approval, ACTUALLY GOT the eligible bonus second time around after your approval and one time spend. That's really what peeps want to know.
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by wholeinone04
My wife just got approved (after pending for one day) for her second US Air card (so two open us air cards, no other barclay cards) on 3/19/15.

How long do I need to wait before I can apply for her third us air card?
Unless you can find a working link (please share here if you do), it would appear to be too late.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:54 pm
HCA

Anyone still have a working link?
jlars77's link is dead to me.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I called yesterday to lower my credit line, and as I got my card on October 28 2014, I wanted to wait until tomorrow to apply for card 2 in case there was some trick with the month cutoff.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

any links still active for this card?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I posted my working links in the credit card referral offers thread, I hope that's okay.

Edit: I just read the rules on the Wiki for that, so I removed it. PM me for working links, I still have 2 of them.

Mods if you want to allow me to post them since all the public links are dead, let me know, thanks.

Last edited by frudd38; Mar 28, 2015 at 7:32 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:34 pm

mommypoints blog has a post about the us air card.. the comments section has a few working links.

i just applied, unfortunately i got pending status. any thoughts on calling reconsideration number? or should i just wait. hopefully it gets approved in the next couple days.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by nadball
mommypoints blog has a post about the us air card.. the comments section has a few working links.

i just applied, unfortunately i got pending status. any thoughts on calling reconsideration number? or should i just wait. hopefully it gets approved in the next couple days.
Thanks for the heads up. Those are referral links that do bring up a live application page. This is probably going to be the only way to get to an app page from here on out. The last portion of the link is the identifier of the referrer (MGMEM24965877), which seems to be just an 8-digit sequential number. So, if one of those breaks, you could simply try entering another number somewhere in/near that sequence. I just tried to use MGMEM24965878, and the app page loaded. The commenter at mommypoints said their link was good through 4/17, so presumably all referal links are good until then.

Good luck!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by illinidad
Thanks for the heads up. Those are referral links that do bring up a live application page. This is probably going to be the only way to get to an app page from here on out. The last portion of the link is the identifier of the referrer (MGMEM24965877), which seems to be just an 8-digit sequential number. So, if one of those breaks, you could simply try entering another number somewhere in/near that sequence. I just tried to use MGMEM24965878, and the app page loaded. The commenter at mommypoints said their link was good through 4/17, so presumably all referal links are good until then.

Good luck!
The live links I have also stated 4/17, but the ones I had that stated 4/12 already died. Goes without saying, the sooner the better I would say for applying.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:41 pm

the refer link is still alive, PM me if you need~~~BTW, can I refer myself for a third card?

Last edited by JOJOZHAOZHAO; Mar 29, 2015 at 8:51 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by JOJOZHAOZHAO
the refer link is still alive, PM me if you need~~~BTW, can I refer myself for a third card?
Why not try?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Another data point...

US Air card #1: opened Oct. 28 2014
credit line was raised when I closed my Arrival+ and re allocated the A+ CL to the US.
Called March 27 to lower CL to the amount I got upon approval ($12.5k)
Applied for US #2 on March 28 2015. Instantly approved for $12.5k CL. And this is with inputting my Dividend Miles #. Phew. Was worried I'd missed out on this...

Logged into my account and immediately see my old acct # with the new Aviator card, and the new card with the legacy US card.

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Another data point...

US Air card #1: opened Oct. 28 2014
credit line was raised when I closed my Arrival+ and re allocated the A+ CL to the US.
Called March 27 to lower CL to the amount I got upon approval ($12.5k)
Applied for US #2 on March 28 2015. Instantly approved for $12.5k CL. And this is with inputting my Dividend Miles #. Phew. Was worried I'd missed out on this...

Logged into my account and immediately see my old acct # with the new Aviator card, and the new card with the legacy US card.

Thx for the datapoint!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:28 am

wondering why the wiki has not been updated...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by rrgg
Mine seems to work
Just applied using your link. Got pending. I have 1 active usair and 1 active arrival card. Have had good luck with Barclay's in the past so hopeful to get approved. I've been on a self imposed apps time out since mid November so my # of recent inqs should be acceptable. Will add my results for the app and bonus when the time comes.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:33 am Reason: removed link
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Update - per the app status checker, I've been declined. It was almost immediate, definitely no time for any manual review on their part. Not sure if I have a 2 card limit with them or this card is done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.