Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
<removed all expired links> (philemer)

*** Historical information follows: ***

Do not use a Preferred Application (10K Anniversay bonus) if you are not Preferred Elite. The reconsideration csr said as of December 11, 2014 the Preferred numbers are programmed in their computer and non-Preferred are immediately kicked out with no credit check. You cannot apply for any Barclays card for 30 days after rejection.

from the rejection letter I received:
The Dividend Miles number you provided on the application does not currently reflect a Preferred Status within the Dividend Miles program, and unfortunately this offer is only available to Dividend Miles members with Preferred Status. A credit report was not used in making this determination.

Note: If you are an existing cardholder of the older version of this card with a perpetual anniversary bonus, please ask account questions here:
[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Check Application Status

Current offers:
There is a new (as of Dec. 4, 2014) public offer for 50,000 bonus miles after the first purchase, $89 annual fee is not waived:
http://www.worldgotbigger.com/us-airways-credit-card/

There is also an offer for 50k now and 10k at first anniversary, for preferred members only, reported by jrobinson5 in Post 935 - but see that post for the link and that user's difficulties with it.

Older offers that may still work:

50k Offers - There are individually targeted offers circulating for a 50k signup bonus. No one has yet identified a way to apply without actually receiving a personalized code from Barclays in advance.

40k miles after first purchase; $89 annual fee NOT waived [This is the standard public offer]

40k miles after first purchase plus 10k miles at first (and only first) anniversary; $89 annual fee NOT waived [Note: For"Preferred Members Only"; for similar offers, this has been sporadically enforced - see the anniversary miles thread below for historical data]

Alternately, there is a long-running 35,000 mile offer with first year fee waived and 10,000 miles every anniversary:

Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 35K (WIKI) Now dead - However, see that thread for 30k + 10k anniversary offer

(All offers with perpetual anniversary bonus are no longer available)

FAQ's
What will happen to this card when American and US Airways mileage plans are merged ?
The best information we has says that when that happens, Barclays will no longer be able to issue new cards, but your existing card will continue to be serviced by Barclays and become an American Airlines "red" credit card with benefits similar to the Citi AA Platinum card now issued (http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...erican-merger/)

Can I churn this card?
Yes

When can I apply for my 2nd/3rd/etc cards?
The general consensus is that you wait 6 months between applications with calling for recon significantly reducing your chances (better to get instant approval). YMMV. Note that in late 2014 there were several successful reports of people applying sooner than 6 months.

Do I have to close already existing accounts before applications for subsequent cards?
No but as always, YMMV

What's the reconsideration line number?
1-866-408-4064. Only open M-F, 8am-5pm Eastern time.
1-866-951-1437, After-hours (24/7)

When do the bonus miles post?
The annual fee will usually be charged in the first billing cycle. So assuming you made another purchase of at least $0.01 during the first billing cycle, the bonus miles will be credited to your account on the second billing cycle. If the AF doesn't post until the 2nd cycle, and you wait til the stmt. appears, your miles will not post until the 3rd cycle.

Key things to note with these new cards:
1. The previous cards waived the first year's annual fee and offered 10k for holding the card another year whereby the annual fee was charged. FTers, however, reported that Barclays did not clawback the 10k bonus after cancelling the card shortly after the AF posted.

2. The new cards' T&Cs this time explicitly state that the bonus will post upon payment of the AF (which is not waived) given that the fee isn't rescinded.

-Does this mean they will clawback the points?
Not enough data to confirm this

-If they don't plan to clawback the miles, how do they enforce the new terms?
They could, in theory, award the bonus after the period in which you could request a refund of the AF expires

Can I make a purchase and pre-pay the $89 AF prior to the first statement posting and receive the bonus miles?
Maybe. As of now, there are at least three data points stating this has been done successfully. Make a purchase of $0.01 $1 or more then use bill pay to make the payment and include the $89 AF (e.g. - a $1 purchase requires a $90 payment). If done correctly, the bonus miles (and the spend miles) will post on your first statement and to US Airways one day after the statement closes.

However, there are at least 2 reports (see #400) of having done the above and the AF did not bill in the first cycle (hence no posting of sign up bonus in that cycle). See the post for a possible explanation.

PLEASE POST if you applied again (FEB-APRIL, 2015), and after approval, ACTUALLY GOT the eligible bonus second time around after your approval and one time spend. That's really what peeps want to know.
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:54 am
Formerly known as jlars77

Wiki links aren't working...anyone have a working link to 50k + 10k anniversary for preferred?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
All links seem to be dead
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by jlars77
Wiki links aren't working...anyone have a working link to 50k + 10k anniversary for preferred?
The anniversary bonus was dropped a while back, I believe
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:10 am

I was able to get a referral link working with 50K bonus. However, I got pending review message after applying. I already have this card and applied oct 2014. I will wait a day or two to see if the application goes through? Or should I call?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:11 am

The end has come for the Barclays US Airways Mastercard. They are no longer offering it. US Airways site now features the Citi card product.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:33 am

Yep, there was a working link an hour ago (50k no bonus) and it is now dead as well.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:41 am

Ok, contadicting myself but found working link

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=14

Instant approval for 2nd card, double limit of existing card issued Sept 14. Did not enter FF# for what it's worth.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by jlars77
Ok, contadicting myself but found working link

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=14

Instant approval for 2nd card, double limit of existing card issued Sept 14. Did not enter FF# for what it's worth.
Thanks for the link. It seemed to work (instant for one of us, under review for the other). Meant to apply last night and forgot.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by facula
Thanks for the link. It seemed to work (instant for one of us, under review for the other). Meant to apply last night and forgot.
Same here. Instant approval for me. Meant to apply a few days ago but completely forgot until today
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by facula
I am pretty stoked to both find a working link AND get approved at the 11th hour

Also interesting that they raised the limit on my existing card last month after only about 5 months since opening so I'm not sure decreasing limits is key. I don't know what their automated underwriting matrix looks like but Barclays is definitely an odd bank.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Woot!

Approved with the zombie link provided a couple posts up.

Thanks!

Edit - got one for Mrs SI also. Both have one Barclays UScair card that has been open for about 1 year.

Last edited by Surface Interval; Mar 28, 2015 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:50 pm

1st USMC opened 8/14. Still open. Also have Arrival+ from 4/14 open. Lowered CL on USMC two months ago, started putting a little spend on both cards. Saw posts that links are dying and went for it. Decision pending. Ack. Maybe I should have closed USMC first, who knows.

Should I call? Wait? Seen a recent post about recon approving a 2nd USMC which goes against everything previously stated in the thread. Can't imagine how poster pulled that one off.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:21 pm

seems like I should wait until April to apply again....

Should I provide my combined aadvantage account number or the old dividend miles number ?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:32 pm

My wife just got approved (after pending for one day) for her second US Air card (so two open us air cards, no other barclay cards) on 3/19/15.

How long do I need to wait before I can apply for her third us air card?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:43 pm

edit - deleted. link still works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.