Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum

This is the first I'm seeing of the new Hawaiian Airlines cards via Barclays -- both personal and business flavors are available. They only seem to appear and/or be available to apply if you are signed in at the Hawaiian Airlines website. Here's the links to the landing pages:

Personal:
http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/MasterCard

Business:
http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/MasterCardBusiness

Terms for personal version:
Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Complimentary checked bag (for primary cardholder).
One-time 50% off companion discount (must be used within 13 months) for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
Primary Cardholders are eligible to earn a $100 discount off one coach companion ticket for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on each credit card account anniversary.
2x for spend on HA, 1x everything else.
5,000 bonus miles every year you make $10,000 or more in purchases with your card.
$89 annual fee (not waived)

Terms for business version:
35,000 bonus miles with 1st purchase
One-time 50% off companion discount (must be used within 13 months) for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
2x for spend on HA, 1x everything else.
20,000 bonus miles on your account anniversary with $50K-$99K in annual spend, or 40,000 bonus miles with $100K or more in annual spend.
$89 annual fee (not waived)

Hard to tell from the T&C whether the 50% discount has to be based on a full fare economy ticket, but it looks like it might be. Free checked bag on the personal version but not the business version. Also interesting that the business version only requires first purchase for bonus miles, while the personal has $1,000 spend requirement.

Last edited by lapointsguy; Jan 1, 2014 at 12:49 pm Reason: Added business, updated links to landing pages with all T&C's, clarified terms in post.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:37 pm

Fyi business card is 35k with first purchase
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pkoo
Fyi business card is 35k with first purchase
Thanks! Updated original post to add business card and link as well.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:59 pm

can i go from fll to honolulu with these points?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:26 pm

So it looks like NYC to HI = ~30-40k miles each way.

Have people had success applying for both biz and personal simultanenously and being approved?

Last edited by toxicity; Jan 1, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by toxicity
So it looks like NYC to HI = ~30-40k miles each way.

Have people had success applying for both biz and personal simultanenously and being approved?
They are from different banks so it should work.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
They are from different banks so it should work.
Hmmm I don't know about that... small print on both card apps indicates the following:

issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard) pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and Business MasterCard are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm I don't know about that... small print on both card apps indicates the following:

issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard) pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and Business MasterCard are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Correct -- these are both Barclays cards (personal and business). There has also been an HA business card issued by Bank of Hawaii in the past, but I didn't put the link here because it's already listed in another thread. That card also might be dead for the moment as the current landing page for the Bank of Hawaii card actually has Barclays listed as the issuer in the fine print.

Last edited by lapointsguy; Jan 1, 2014 at 2:08 pm
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by lapointsguy
Correct -- these are both Barclay cards (personal and business). There is also an HA business card issued by Bank of Hawaii, but I didn't put the link here because it's already listed in another thread.
I think that Biz app is gone though right? Contemplating applying for both of these at the same time but Barclays has been annoying w/ multiple cards in the past so not sure if its worth it.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

I think that Biz app is gone though right? Contemplating applying for both of these at the same time but Barclays has been annoying w/ multiple cards in the past so not sure if its worth it.
Yep, I think you're right -- just fixed that in my previous post. I recently tried applying for a Barclays US Airways business card on the same day as a Barclays Miles and More. Got the Miles and More (which was the first app) and rejected for the US Airways business (second app). Two calls to reconsideration did not change the outcome.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:16 pm

can we downgrade this card to a no fee after the we are charged the fees and use up the miles?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:22 pm

wow tempted.
Waiting to book Maui for April flights.
would get:
50% wife's fare
my fare free depending on mileage

hmm
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by aeneas3
wow tempted.
Waiting to book Maui for April flights.
would get:
50% wife's fare
my fare free depending on mileage

hmm
I think you have to buy a ticket to get 50% companion's ticket.

Also, the Bank of Hawaii card apps are still dead.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:32 pm

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays) Personal Card Launched-35,000 Miles for $1,000 Spend

if someone has Bank of American Hawaiin airlines cc during the past year, will s/he eligible for the bonus
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Does anyone know if the business card will post miles in a separate HA frequent flyer account from the personal one (like the old BofA cards)?

On a separate note, I still sometime see 35K rt (17.5K each way) JFK to HNL but it is usually 11 months out, mid-week and you have to grab it ASAP when you see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.