Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by lapointsguy
This is the first I'm seeing of the new Hawaiian Airlines cards via Barclays -- both personal and business flavors are available. They only seem to appear and/or be available to apply if you are signed in at the Hawaiian Airlines website.
Originally Posted by ac921ol
So I got my card. But don't have any ff number or anything.
The first post of this thread indicates that you have to be logged into your Hawaiian Airlines account in order to apply. (That way it is assured that you will already have a Hawaiian Airlines number when you apply for the credit card.) You must have applied via some other link or page. In that case I would assume a number already has been assigned to you. I would call Hawaiian Airlines (1-800-367-5320) to ask them if they have a record of you being enrolled with them.

If you actually have your card in hand the Hawaiian Airlines membership number should be in the bottom left-hand corner of the card, under your name.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
not true for the business card, the business card gives you a specific link to apply at.

https://www.hawaiianbusinesscard.com...?promoCode=BOH

once you get your card, you put in the CC number and get your card, I sent a SM and asked when I get my Companion Pass, the wife and I will be flying from IAD to HNL spending about $1200-$1400, not a bad price for a roundtrip fair to HNL form the east coast.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:29 pm

So I got my card...don't have any ff number
the business card gives you a specific link to apply at
So, ac921ol, you must have applied for the business version of the card. Check the bottom left-hand corner of the card, under your name. That's normally where the frequent flyer number is located.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by muji
So, ac921ol, you must have applied for the business version of the card. Check the bottom left-hand corner of the card, under your name. That's normally where the frequent flyer number is located.
yes, I did apply for the business card, but my card 100% does not have my FF number on it. Its fine, I was really carrying about my companion pass tho.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:54 am

also for anyone that applied for the business card, and has award wallet. you need to check on this status to get it loaded up.

http://awardwallet.com/status/

-look for hawaiian airlines and click on the check.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:18 am

Not sure if I am understanding you. The card will work abroad. And a foreign transaction fee would not apply.

On the topic of credit card use abroad: It's a good idea to let the bank know ahead of time that you'll be using your card abroad (and specify the date range) so that the card will not be frozen (the bank suspecting fraudulent use).
Sorry, you've misinterpreted my post. Back a couple pages there was discussion on the chip + PIN configuration. People were debating whether or not it was a true chip and PIN. I was suggesting that due to the likely usage of the card in the locations mentioned, the card would logically be set up for the local security scheme of those locations. That's all. Of course any card will "work" internationally.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Does anyone know if the business card will post miles in a separate HA frequent flyer account from the personal one (like the old BofA cards)?
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I was wondering the same thing. We had a major issue with this when we applied for both cards last year. have success applying for Arrival and HA business at the same time?

Can anyone whose applied for the recent business version and received the bonus answer this? I plan on applying next AOR and don't want to have the disaster experience I did with BOA.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Not sure if I am understanding you. The card will work abroad. And a foreign transaction fee would not apply.

On the topic of credit card use abroad: It's a good idea to let the bank know ahead of time that you'll be using your card abroad (and specify the date range) so that the card will not be frozen (the bank suspecting fraudulent use).
Sorry, you've misinterpreted my post. Back a couple pages there was discussion on the chip + PIN configuration. People were debating whether or not it was a true chip and PIN. I was suggesting that due to the likely usage of the card in the locations mentioned, the card would logically be set up for the local security scheme of those locations. That's all. Of course any card will "work" internationally.
Chip and PIN is more common, but a few places like Brazil and Italy use Chip and Sig.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Have had Hawaiian Air credit cards over the years (Wells Fargo then Bank of America then Bank of Hawaii/FIA Card Services). Dropped the Bank of Hawaii/FIA Card Services card last year due to a poorly handled fraud issue (they dragged their feet on a compromised credit card issue...a retention rep tried to keep my business but it was far too late by then). Like HA and BankoH, it was just the card issuer I wanted to distance myself from.

Thoughts on the new Barclays Card:

1) Good choice of a bank
2) Interesting offer but it would almost double the annual fee I paid with their Visa card (was a grandfathered $50 fee).
3) Wouldn't make the $10,000 annual spend for the anniversary bonus in most years that would make the annual fee worthwhile.
4) Have foreign fee-free already on a Capital One card...with no annual fee
5) First checked bag fee good add-on. Not enough other HA perks to make it worthwhile for me.
6) EMV card issuance and acceptance in the US I think will be drastically hastened by the recent security breaches at Target, Neiman-Marcus and elsewhere. Target has accelerated their EMV program and I think others will follow suit.
7) I keep my HA points live with the mile-finder app in my Mac Firefox browser. Don't need another piece of plastic to do that.

Traveling to LAS and OGG over the holidays at the end of the year using AA/HA/UA points.

Bottom line is I think HA needs to roll out a new non-FIA Card Services card that is for more modest spenders but also offers a lower annual fee. Or even a no-fee card with a few perks on it (no annual fee is rare for an airline card today). And they need to add more airline perks to entice people to sign up other than the initial sign-up bonus.

Last edited by GadgetKen; Feb 8, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:01 pm

Will be using my 50% companion pass JFK to HNL comes out to $1038.00. Good price if you ask me, also like the 1=2 hilton point transfer.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:16 am

Will be using my 50% companion pass JFK to HNL comes out to $1038.00. Good price if you ask me, also like the 1=2 hilton point transfer.
Is the 1 to 2 hilton ratio still valid? I recall reading somewhere that it is 2 to 3 now. Does anybody has any info on this?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Tr60
Is the 1 to 2 hilton ratio still valid? I recall reading somewhere that it is 2 to 3 now. Does anybody has any info on this?
I believe you might be talking about virgin atlantic

Virgin Atlantic Devalue
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:27 pm

I believe you might be talking about virgin atlantic

Virgin Atlantic Devalue
Thanks ac921ol. You are correct. There is also a FT thread on it that I missed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...-changing.html
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:53 am

Does anyone have an idea of how the free checked bag works if you book with miles?

The fine print says "All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard premium product and purchased directly from Hawaiian Airlines," so I figure using the card to pay the taxes qualifies, correct?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Any data points on apping for both the personal and business version on the same day? Or is that not possible with Barclays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.