Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:36 pm

When I got the email, I decided to apply for the Barclay's card before anything converted. I was approved and got the card, with the letter that said I'd be getting 35,000 miles. In one of the posts, it sounded like I'd get the 35,000 when my old account converts. That would be awesome! But, nothing I've gotten from HA has said I'd be getting a bonus, and my email said my card would convert, so I'm expecting to loose my Bank of Hawaii card. I don't think I've gotten anything about my BofA card.
Oh, and my ff# on my new Barclay's was correct. No new number.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: Far too many
Inclined to wait and see

Originally Posted by tal1412
Has anyone else received this info? I got the BOA and FIA cards last March. I just received the email too. I thought I should cancel both of them so i could apply for the new Barclay's card and get the sign up bonus. This sounds like I can get the bonus if I just sit on the cards? Both, or just one?
I learned from the Barclay CR that those BoH cards with Hawaii addresses would remain at the BoH, presumably serviced by FIA. Other BoH cards will convert to Barclays, along with BoA cards

The CR did not know when the new annual fee would post, but assured me that it would be later than the 1-yr anniversary of the present BoA/BoH account.

Since neither Barclays nor BofA seem to care about intervals between canceling one account and opening a new one, I am inclined to let the conversion occur, then wait and see. If the new annual fee is delayed, or if there is some bonus for staying (which I doubt), then so much the better. If not, there will be nothing lost.

Am I missing something?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:19 pm
Original Member

Now available through your favorite blogger or website

You may have noticed that bloggers are starting to describe the the Barclays version of the personal card. This, of course, is that the card is now commissionable. The offer is the same, so you can reward your favorite blogger or website by applying for the card through their links. Or not, if you hate this whole blogging idea...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:07 pm

Hi,

does someone know if I will get a new credit line with a starting day from this April in my credit report if my current BoH HA card is converted to Barlcays ? the HA Q&A says with the new barclays card I should get the same credit line but nothing about the keeping the same length of credit than the BOH fia card ! I should avoid getting a new credit line right now ! thanks in advance for your insight.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by bribro
I've now made about 10 phone calls to Barclays and HawaiianMiles trying to fix this issue, and have spoken to 10 different people in the process. Everyone is pretty much clueless, but from what I've gathered once Barclays issues a HA FF# for you, even if you specified an existing HA FF# on your CC application, it can never be changed. They tried to change it three times for me, but it apparently reverts back to the original FF#. I now have four HA CCs with the same, incorrect FF# on them.

As a workaround, I tried to see if HawaiianMiles could merge my old, existing FF# into the new one that Barclay's generated for me. No dice. I'm being told that HawaiianMiles accounts cannot be merged; the only "solution" is to transfer the miles to the new FF# and use that account from now on. So I'll have to use this new FF#, and have my separate, older FF# lay dormant with all my flight history, member since date, etc.

As compensation for wasting at least two hours of my time, Barclays did offer to waive the $89 AF for me. I'd rather have that time back though.
My statement just posted, and the AF wasn't waived as promised. I called in to see what the deal was and the CSR said there's no record of anyone saying they would waive my AF, and that they wouldn't do it. I started laughing; the customer service is just so bad it's comical. Did the other guy just flat out lie to me to make me feel better? As a matter of principal, I told them to pull up their recorded phone calls, so I now have a "case" being investigated.

Barclays is the worst credit card company in the universe. It is now my mission to churn as many Barclaycards as possible, using only MS to spend the absolute bare minimum required for the sign-up bonus, until they shut me down.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 am

I got declined by a Barclay's recon rep for this Hawaiian Biz card based on the number of Barclay's USAirways cards I have had and closed within the last few years. Anyone else have that experience, or have a good way of explaining that account activity to the rep?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:25 pm

how soon will the bonus be posted to the account after the inital 1k charge? Will I get it with the same statement to reach 1k or at latest the next? I have some forthcoming hawaii trip to plan and I would love to use the bonus miles right away.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: MR Plat, AA
Anyone know what the terms of the 50% companion travel certificate is? Does it require to complete travel within 13 months of issuance, or complete reservation within 13 months?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Kyo46
Anyone know what the terms of the 50% companion travel certificate is? Does it require to complete travel within 13 months of issuance, or complete reservation within 13 months?

Below are the terms. I interpret the below to mean you must ticket before the certificate expires which is 13 months from when the card is issued.

Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard
50% Off Coach RT Companion Travel Discount
Between North America and Hawaii
Valid for 13 months since issuance of card
Discount applies to base fare

Terms & Conditions for 50% off coach roundtrip MasterCard Discount for named HawaiianMiles Member (E Certificate # EC13095):
• Offer valid for named HawaiianMiles member only.
• E Certificate offer can only be redeemed by logging on to member account on appropriate web page at HawaiianAirlines.com.
• Date of purchase, date of flight, applicable routes and flights, & booking class limited to 13 months from MasterCard issuance date.
• Discount will be applied only to the companion fare, which does not include taxes, fees, or surcharges.
• Offer not valid on HawaiianMiles flight awards bookings.
• Offer not valid on Neighbor Island flights.
• Offer not valid for multi-city reservations.
• Offer not valid on code share flights with participating airlines.
• Offer not valid on First Class fares.
• Discount cannot be applied to tickets already purchased.
• Ticketing by E Ticket only. Fare and E Ticketing restrictions apply.
• Additional cost of $3.90USD ZP tax per segment applied to each ticket purchase, a $2.50USD per enplanement September 11th Security Fee (not to exceed $10USD) and PFC surcharge of $3-$4.50USD where applicable will be applied to each ticket purchase.
• Payment must be received upon confirmation.
• Confirmed reservations only. No open tickets allowed.
• Flights booked in H and K class of service may not qualify for other airline frequent flyer miles.
• E certificate may not be combined with, applied to, or used in conjunction with any other discount, promotional offer or tour package.
• E certificate is not transferable and has no cash value.
• Lost or stolen E Certificates will not be replaced.
• E Tickets are non-refundable. Unused E Tickets will be forfeited.
• Primary cardholder and companion must be on the same flight record, fare and class of service and must travel on all flight segments together.
• Date and routing changes may be made with applicable penalties and must be done through Reservations department.
• Offer may be discontinued without notice
• Other restrictions may apply.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
how soon will the bonus be posted to the account after the inital 1k charge? Will I get it with the same statement to reach 1k or at latest the next? I have some forthcoming hawaii trip to plan and I would love to use the bonus miles right away.
My bonus posted the same date as the miles posting once I crossed the $1k spend mark. For me this was the 1st statement cycle.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:33 am

I currently have this card. Can I sign up again and get the bonus again?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:21 am

35k miles after 1k/3mo offer is back...seems warm though ..whats the usual offer?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Other than decibel08 in post #96, has anyone else tried to get this card while still having a (churned) US Airways MC? I am thinking about trying for another US card soon before it is no longer offered and would like to try for the HA card just after the US app is submitted.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Other than decibel08 in post #96, has anyone else tried to get this card while still having a (churned) US Airways MC? I am thinking about trying for another US card soon before it is no longer offered and would like to try for the HA card just after the US app is submitted.
Yes, this should work. Below are my stats since HA card moved to Barcalys
US opened Dec. 2013 canceled Nov. 2014
HA Personal opened Feb. 2014 (still open) planning to cancel before AF
HA Business opened Dec. 2014 (still open) planning to cancel in 11 months

The HA card is not as good for my needs as it was when I got in 2013 (under BofA/BoH) b/c JFK to HNL saver availability is sparse now.

Good luck!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
Here is a 40k bonus offer with no annual fee, but $3k spend in 90 days:

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/bar...d=BCSBA0315PRD

Wifey and I both approved for separate cards in seconds. We still have our old USAirways cards.

Last edited by FrequentSleeper; Apr 1, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.