Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Not to mention, if you use it to meet the minimum spend but then stop using it, it's likely that you'll get a bonus offer- when I had this card, mine was spend $750 each month for three months and receive 12-16,000 points.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:37 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Got charged the fee already on the 45k offer. I'm going to call and see if I can get it waived though
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milesmomma
Got charged the fee already on the 45k offer. I'm going to call and see if I can get it waived though
I got charged too, and I printed out the offer, and it definitely says in the fine print (in the big paragraph after footnote 1) on the main offer page that:
"The annual fee is waived for the first year for Cardmembers that choose the annual fee card."
So it seems that they should not have charged it, and it should not be a question of "can" they waive it, it should be a question of how much work does it take to get them to admit it should have been waived and reverse it. (Ie, does the frontline customer service agent know about the problem, or does it escalating up to supervisors who initiate research?)
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:38 pm

anyone have a screenshot of the T&C for this 45k offer? they are giving me a hell of time trying to get that fee reversed.

finally got it escalated to a supervisor and they grudgingly reversed it but said that the T&C is incorrect and the fee should not be waived during 1st year.

Just FYI

Last edited by riversidetom; Jan 6, 2014 at 4:35 pm
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riversidetom
anyone have a screenshot of the T&C for this 45k offer? they are giving me a hell of time trying to get that fee reversed.

finally got it escalated to a supervisor and they grudgingly reversed it but said that the T&C is incorrect and the fee should not be waived during 1st year.

Just FYI
Well, I had a different expereince. I simply read the sentence off of the T&Cs exactly:
"The annual fee is waived for the first year for cardmembers that choose the annual fee card."
They forwarded me to "someone who can help you with the annual fee", and that person (after I repeated my explanation and that exact wording) said I would get my annual fee credited within 3 to 5 days.

However:

I then decided to review the terms, and while they said I'd get 30k points for first purchase, they have no record of the extra 15k bonus points for $1000 spend being on my account! So they asked me to fax (or snail mail; email of scan not accepted) the printout of the landing page with the 45k to them and to ask that "the terms be applied to my account".

So perhaps they were giving you hard time about the annual fee waiver because their system is confused as to whether you signed up for the 45k offer whihc promised to waive it or whether you signed up for some other offer that made no such promise?

In any case, I have a scan of the landing page, but I do not use any website where I can post that (and you can't post a scan directly to FT, you have to post it to some other site and then provide the link). If someone does belong to a site where they can post the landing page (in enough resolution to read all the fine print), and then link here to that posted scan, please PM me with your email address and I'll email you my landing page scan.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, I had a different expereince. I simply read the sentence off of the T&Cs exactly:
"The annual fee is waived for the first year for cardmembers that choose the annual fee card."
They forwarded me to "someone who can help you with the annual fee", and that person (after I repeated my explanation and that exact wording) said I would get my annual fee credited within 3 to 5 days.

However:

I then decided to review the terms, and while they said I'd get 30k points for first purchase, they have no record of the extra 15k bonus points for $1000 spend being on my account! So they asked me to fax (or snail mail; email of scan not accepted) the printout of the landing page with the 45k to them and to ask that "the terms be applied to my account".

So perhaps they were giving you hard time about the annual fee waiver because their system is confused as to whether you signed up for the 45k offer whihc promised to waive it or whether you signed up for some other offer that made no such promise?

In any case, I have a scan of the landing page, but I do not use any website where I can post that (and you can't post a scan directly to FT, you have to post it to some other site and then provide the link). If someone does belong to a site where they can post the landing page (in enough resolution to read all the fine print), and then link here to that posted scan, please PM me with your email address and I'll email you my landing page scan.
I seem to be having a similar issue here.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:33 pm

However:

they did confirm that I should receive 45k total points but I have sent you a PM with my email address for you to send to just in case

thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:11 pm

checked my account today and only 32k hit so I need to fax them that screenshot

thanks again sdsearch
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:57 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!

However:

Got the annual fee credited within 3 days after referencing the T&C's. Extra 15k points posted on their own.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My 15k points posted as "CC Holiday Spend Bonus", while the original 30k posted as "BARCLAYS BONUS".

(I was finishing minimum spend on another card first, and didn't get the minimum spend on this one done until March, and the 15k posted in early April.)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:53 am

My 15k points posted as "CC Holiday Spend Bonus", while the original 30k posted as "BARCLAYS BONUS".

(I was finishing minimum spend on another card first, and didn't get the minimum spend on this one done until March, and the 15k posted in early April.)
Mine posted with the exact same name types
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Anyone else get this in their email?

Earn enough Bonus Points for up to 8 FREE NIGHTS! 1,2,3 SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER

• Earn up to 30,000 bonus points to redeem after your first purchase with the Wyndham Rewards Visa card.1 That's enough for up to 5 FREE NIGHTS.

• Plus, earn up to 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening on the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card. That's enough for up to an additional 3 FREE NIGHTS. APPLY BY AUGUST 14, 2014.2

Link is https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=56

wyndham rewards visa signature card1 Wyndham Rewards - Earn 45,000 bonus points enough to redeem for up to 8 free nights

Earn up to 45,000 bonus points
Enough to redeem for up to 8 free nights 2
Apply Now
Bonus! Earn 30,000 bonus points
with first purchase. 3
Plus, for a Limited Time earn an
additional 15,000 bonus points when
you spend $1,000 on qualifying
transactions in the first 90 days of
account opening 3
Earn 5 points per $1 spent
on every participating hotel stay 3
Earn 2 points per $1 spent
everywhere else 3
New! Earn 5,500 Bonus Points on
your account anniversary every year
(enough for up to 1 FREE NIGHT!) 3
$69 annual fee 1

Any chance the no-fee offer from last year will come back?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:38 pm

Thanks, MSP3. Saw your post, SO applied within a couple of hours, instant approval. Appreciate it.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by msp3
Anyone else get this in their email?

Earn enough Bonus Points for up to 8 FREE NIGHTS! 1,2,3 SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER

• Earn up to 30,000 bonus points to redeem after your first purchase with the Wyndham Rewards Visa card.1 That's enough for up to 5 FREE NIGHTS.

• Plus, earn up to 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening on the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card. That's enough for up to an additional 3 FREE NIGHTS. APPLY BY AUGUST 14, 2014.2

Link is https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=56
Not bad for Wyndham! It's on the Wyndham homepage too. Definitely public.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jul 11, 2014 at 10:08 am Reason: please trim long quotes
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:09 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Just created a wiki for the links.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.