Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]

Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The thread was split on September 24, 2014 for technical reasons. This version of the Wikipost is frozen as of that date. Please click HERE to read the newer posts and the most current Wikipost.
-----------------------------------

For questions NOT related to the application process - such as experiences using benefits - refer to the AA forum thread on this card: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (Master Thread)

Recommended Application Procedure:
Clear cache and cookies prior to applying or use an incognito or private browsing session to apply. Opening multiple different apps in different windows or tabs or failing to clear cookies/cache has resulted in people receiving a lesser offer for some Citi cards. [B]We do not know, and Citi has not indicated, how long these offers will last. Citi has left other offers alive for over a year beyond the 'apply by' date in the past. These links could be here all year or gone tomorrow. If the application loads, it is good, based on past Citi applications that survived past the landing page expiration, regardless of any posted or advertised 'apply by' date.

MOST CURRENT LINKS:

As of 8/19/14, the 60K+ links are no longer working, and give the following error:
A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

[This link stopped working for a few days in July but seems to be working again] Many thanks to LM225 - Citi AA Executive Personal Mastercard, 100,000 miles after $10,000 spend in 3 months, Admirals Club access for cardholder and family or cardholder and two guests, up to $200 in statement credits. $450 annual fee, not waived. Landing page no longer loads as of 6/24.

The landing page asks for a first and last name but the application loads with or without the landing page. This is a CHIP and Signature card. If you go through the landing page, please use any referral code given to you by an AC rep.

For alternate 100K links, see Post #6084. https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

Many thanks to lobo411 - Citi AA Executive Personal Mastercard, 75,000 miles after $7500 spend in 3 months, Admirals Club access for cardholder and family or cardholder and two guests, up to $100 in statement credits. $450 annual fee, not waived. No landing page. This is a CHIP and Signature card. Bonus confirmed in posts 136 and 142. Still working: There is also a public version of this offer Citi AA Mastercard, 75,000 miles, Landing page available here. HT Belllaaa.

Many thanks to cerealmarketer - Citi AA Executive Personal Mastercard, 60,000 miles after $5k spend in 3 months, Admirals Club access for cardholder and family or cardholder and two guests. $450 annual fee, not waived. Landing page available here. This is a CHIP and Signature card. Landing page for 60K for $5K, with $100 statement credit and application.

Current 50K public offer: (Be carefull this link is showing as 30k in citi system, use other link for 50k) Landing page for 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit and application.

New 50k offer:
Landing page for New 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit - Application Link WARNING: This landing page contains the following in the Footnotes: "American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi Executive / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard opened or closed in the past 18 months." But the app link directly following it goes to a totally different app page, which is reported to be working as usual.

EXPEDITED SHIPPING
While reconsideration/application reps do not seem to be aware of this, these cards are expedited and usually arrive 1-2 days after approval.The CSR will not take a request to expedite the card.

Who is eligible for this card? Anyone as long as you can be approved for the minimum $5K credit line, subject to the standard Citi rules of 1 Citi app or card of any kind per 8 days and 2 Citi cards or apps of any kind per 65 days. It is always advisable to wait 65 days from any type of Citi denial before applying for another Citi card. Many have reported getting approved for this card in spite of having several open AA cards over the past year as well as having previously had this card.

Not sure about the 8 and 65 day rules? If your most recent application for any Citi card is less than click here - 8 days ago, you need to wait. Also, if your previous (second-to-last) Citi application is less than click here - 65 days ago, you need to wait. These are not rules published or known by Citi CSRs but rather based on thousands of Citi card applications and datapoints across several threads.

This card can be churned. Recent datapoints concerning multiple Executive cards include posts 917, 1059 and starting at 1365. For in-depth datapoints and advice on churning Citi cards, read and study the extensive wiki posts in the HH thread and the AA Plat/gold thread. Click the plus on the right hand side of the wiki if you do not see the wiki text. Datapoints for bonus points posting on multiple cards include post 2579.

Getting around the $450 annual fee: Some have been able to meet the spending requirement before the first statement posts and then cancel and have the fee refunded after the miles post. Details and datapoints include starting at post 74. T&C state that the card must be cancelled within 30 days of the fee posting to get it refunded. Potential problems with this plans include a very short (1 week or less) first "month" as well as delays in miles posting which have been reported by several FTers here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html. YMMV. If paying $250-$450 for a year's access to Admirals Clubs and the 60K-100K miles is a deal breaker, this card may not be for you.

Once you cancel the card (within the 37 day window of AF posting) the refund will post on the account between 1-3 business days.

Retention Bonus Offers: User have been offered the following retention bonus offers when calling to cancel the card:

- 5,000 points + $100 credit with $1,500 spend per month for 3 months 5333
- 2 additional club member passes 6862
- 1,000 bonus miles each month for 16 month, min $1k spend/month 6862

Already a member? If you already purchased an AC membership (for example, using the credit from Amex Plat) and apply and are approved for this card, AA will refund you the pro-rated AF from any time left on your membership.

When do miles post? Usually a few days after your statement closes. In some cases your statement will show the correct miles earned but will show 0 miles reported to AA. In this case see this thread.

Please post more experiences about cancelling to avoid the $450 fee

Helpful points from post #3794 and others, especially for those new to Citi:
1) Citi CSRs are clueless, so disregard everything they say that seems to contradict anything you have read on F/T. And take everything else with a big grain of salt. I was told 3 times VERY CLEARLY "You will not got your annual fee refunded" while I was cancelling, but I did get it.

2a) With Citi, if you are approved for a card, and meet the minimum spend requirement, you will get the bonus listed for the offer you applied for. Every time ! Unlike Chase or AMEX, who will send you a card, wait for you to pay the fee and spend, and then say "sorry, you don't qualify for a bonus". If Citi doesn't intend to give you the bonus, they will just deny your app. They won't even do a pull, they will just instantly deny your app. If they send you the card, and you meet the spend on time, you will get the bonus. My attorney insists I add "that could change tomorrow", but from the Big Bang thru today, that has always been true.

2b) Another helpful post discussing timeframe for meeting min spend: 6279

3) Any expectation that Citi will do things that make sense is just plain silly. They won't.

Citibank Contacts/Resources
  • Application status: https://www.accountonline.com/cards/...?screenID=3187
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.
  • Executive Office - useful for getting a more empowered agent for reconsideration purposes: CitiBank Executive Review Department, P.O. Box 6000, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
Admiral Club Access: You do not need to be flying AA that particular day of travel. (Ex: you're flying DL on the day of travel...you could still enter the AC lounge, even though you're not on an AA flight that day.) Beware, though, that individual lounges have individual rules (see the link below). Alternate rules usually come w/ Qantas lounges, not AA lounges. Furthermore, AC access "comes with" US Air access (19 locations). An authorized user does not have AC access unless they are with the primary card holder. The authorized user's card will have the "Admiral Club" language omitted from the back of their card.

For reference, an AC lounge list: http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...#admirals-club
For questions and discussions on lounge access: Help Desk: Lounge Access and Lounge Access Rules

$200 Statement Credit on any purchase:

Multiple datapoints within this thread as well as multiple confirmations from CSRs say that the $200 statement credit is for any purchase.

Also, please note that these cards do not include the 10% miles rebate offered by some other Citi AA products.

What about the EQM? AA tracks your miles earned on Executive card(s) and adds 10K Elite Qualifying Miles to your EQM balance once you earn 40,000 miles during a calendar year on Executive card(s). Any number of Executive cards can add up to the 40K, and you cannot earn more than 10K EQM each year. No redeemable miles are added, and this is of no consequence or value unless you will also earn at least 15K additional EQM in a given year by flying and 10K will bump you up to the next status level.

Direct phone number to Citi Fraud Prevention department: +18664705331

Concierge service enrollment (allows for electronic requests). Concierge number is +18778812668

Here are the minimum credit limit required amounts in order to keep an account open (for purposes of new card applications and reconsiderations)
Citi Amex 1k (likely citi gold as well)
Citi Visa signature/world MasterCard 3k
Citi World elite Mastercards (including exec) 5k

Advice to those new to citi American Airlines cards,

If you are just starting out please apply and use the lower level citi AA card for a while before moving on to this thread and card. This will help you in the long run in more ways than one. Most of us here have opened and used lower level AA cards before moving on to this thread and card
Also,
Check out this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ost-first.html
Print Wikipost

Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]

Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: A few
I would bite on 75k for $450 plus a year of Admirals club in a heartbeat

Anyone willing to post a link to see if the rest of us can try it?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:39 pm

I just got the email. I suppose these must come from AA, since it would be kinda silly for Citi to be emailing me about applying for this card when they just rejected me for it 4 days ago.

Last edited by lobo411; Jan 23, 2014 at 7:45 pm
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by lobo411
I just got the email. I suppose these must come from AA, since it would be kinda silly for Citi to be emailing me about applying for this card when they just rejected me for it 4 days ago.
Can you share the link if you won't be using it?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Yes. Share. Please!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Got it too. The 75K offer comes with a $100 statment credit so it is actually $350 for the 75k miles (+7,500 spend, 82,500 miles). Not bad especially considering AA miles are probably the most valuable now, and its very hard to manufacture AA miles at more than 1% on the dollar.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by exmike
Got it too. The 75K offer comes with a $100 statment credit so it is actually $350 for the 75k miles (+7,500 spend, 82,500 miles). Not bad especially considering AA miles are probably the most valuable now, and its very hard to manufacture AA miles at more than 1% on the dollar.
Linky PLEASE!!!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Sorry if this belongs in another thread as I usually don't pay attention to CC offers and forums as I like my cash back card. It's an offer I received in the mail for the Citi Executive / Advantage World Elite Mastercard.

100K bonus miles, Admiral's Club, Priority check-in/luggage fee waived.
$450 year with the miles awarded after $10K spend (adds another 10K miles) in 3 months.

I joked with my wife who got a similar offer from Amex and didn't take it - I felt bad that Amex didn't like me. This was right before Amex dropped the AA connection. Now that I have such an offer, I'll have to think about the $10K spend in 3 months - otherwise it looks good.

I'm sure this is a targeted offer ... I am AA gold and paid for AC last year. So maybe others should check their mailboxes.

----

Update ... OK, I applied. I entered info on a generic "applynow.citicards.com" web site where I had to enter an "invitation number" that was on the mailing I received. Up came a short application form that was pre-filled with my name. After entering a few more bits of info (like SS number, earnings), the form came up that I should call an agent to complete the process. This was done, I was approved, and cards should arrive with a week.

Now, I don't know if I should hope that my upcoming trip to NYC fulfills the majority of the $10K spend in 3 months or if I'll have to find something else to stock up on.

Last edited by WCWIII; Jan 24, 2014 at 8:29 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Can you share the link if you won't be using it?
I tried using it just now as an experiment to see if my app would be accepted this time around w/ $23k wages + $6k other income (they rejected me on Sunday w/ just $23k wage income). I got the "we need more info...call us" message so I'm not going to bother. I'm sure it's rejected.

The link code seems like a targeted/one time use thing (it contains what appears to be a unique combo of 25 upper/lowercase letters), so I dunno if my link is good anymore. I'll share my unique code if I'm rejected and someone else can use it, though.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:25 am
Suspended

LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by pricesquire
LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is clearly targeted, so no link is coming.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:58 am

The 50K Platinum offers many of us were using for months from June-August when the best other available offers were 40K also email targeted. A link should be coming, from someone who will not apply or who already has applied. If the link opens an application with prefilled customer info, it may be restricted. If not, the same link can likely be used by many. There is not a major rush - it has been stated that this offer is good through March.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by lobo411
I tried using it just now as an experiment to see if my app would be accepted this time around w/ $23k wages + $6k other income (they rejected me on Sunday w/ just $23k wage income). I got the "we need more info...call us" message so I'm not going to bother. I'm sure it's rejected.

The link code seems like a targeted/one time use thing (it contains what appears to be a unique combo of 25 upper/lowercase letters), so I dunno if my link is good anymore. I'll share my unique code if I'm rejected and someone else can use it, though.
"We need more info, call" is almost certainly an approval. Call, offer to move credit (even if from the Plat card you just opened) if needed.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:53 am

Here's the link. I got shot down due to too many applications. Thanks to KennyBSAT for getting the generic landing page from the specifically targeted link I had:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

Soon, the Citi Executive / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard* will be the only credit card with Admirals Club membership1.

Apply now, get the card and earn 75,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership2. Also, earn up to $100 in statement credits — earn $1 in statement credits for each $1 spent on purchases within the first 12 months of cardmembership.3

Elevate the way you travel with these luxury benefits: •Admirals Club membership (a membership value of
up to $475)1
•Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year4
•No foreign transaction fees on purchases**
•Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com5
•Expert Concierge Service
Enjoy these VIP benefits and more for an annual fee of $450

This Citi / AAdvantage card offer is only valid for new applicants for a Citi / AAdvantage account applied for by March 31, 2014 pursuant to this offer and is not available to existing cardmembers or recent applicants for a Citi / AAdvantage credit card.

** Please see Citi Disclosures, for the Citi Executive / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard which include rates, fees and other cost information.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:08 am
Suspended

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:14 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WCWIII
100K bonus miles, Admiral's Club, Priority check-in/luggage fee waived.
$450 year with the miles awarded after $10K spend (adds another 10K miles) in 3 months.
Can we introduce you to KennyBSAT? He seems to be on a roll this morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.