Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:37 am

Is this for the business account or personal account? I know for business, you click on a link on the left panel where it shows how many points you've earned and you're then taken to their points mall. At the points mall, you need to enter in your account number. If you are not registered, you need to register separately.

Here's the link that I use:

https://businesssolutions.tdbank.com/
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by bshort89
Hey folks! I have a checking and savings account with TD Bank and saw on their website that they have a visa card that gives: "5% cash back as a statement credit or 5x rewards points on dining, grocery and gas purchases and cable, phone and utility bill payments for the first 6 months".

Does anyone have this card? Is it worth getting?
Does anyone know if the dining category on this card includes both restaurants and fast food?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:42 pm

I would think both.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by I can see for miles
I would think both.
Thanks. I asked when I called to activate the card, and the CSR said anything from fine dining to McDonalds qualifies. I just wanted to double check because some cards (like the US Bank Cash+ card) separate those two categories.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 am

If you have the business card, can you apply for the personal card and get the promotion on that one, too?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
A week ago I did not note I made a payment on my TD Easy Rewards CC and I made it again a second time a day later, resulting in an overpayment of my account. Yesterday I had charges declined. Called in and CSR said my CC was on an 8 day hold while they validated the source of the payments was mine (yet I have made payments from both those payments sources several times in past several months).
Passing along as an FYI and curious if anyone has had a similar experience.

Update: My card began working again after the 8 day hold ended with no action having to be taken by me.

Last edited by greek2me; Jul 26, 2014 at 4:33 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:38 pm

I did.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:17 pm

They got your money twice, making use of it and for that you are being penalized. Cancel the card fast and get something better.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:29 am

Just pay from your checking account at td. I doubt they would ever need to verify payment there.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by greek2me
A week ago I did not note I made a payment on my TD Easy Rewards CC and I made it again a second time a day later, resulting in an overpayment of my account. Yesterday I had charges declined. Called in and CSR said my CC was on an 8 day hold while they validated the source of the payments was mine (yet I have made payments from both those payments sources several times in past several months).
Passing along as an FYI and curious if anyone has had a similar experience.
Yes, this seems to be common with TD, especially when the CC is relatively new. As I recall, mistakenly making a large overpayment in the first few weeks resulted in a 10-day hold while whatever nonsensical verification occurred.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:51 am

It seems as though there is a 20k point ($200) sign up bonus when you apply for the card. I just noticed this on their website, though it may have been around for a while.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Yes, this seems to be common with TD, especially when the CC is relatively new. As I recall, mistakenly making a large overpayment in the first few weeks resulted in a 10-day hold while whatever nonsensical verification occurred.
I am experiencing an 8 business day hold right now after making my first payment. "Nonsensical verification" -- couldn't have put it better myself.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
It seems as though there is a 20k point ($200) sign up bonus when you apply for the card. I just noticed this on their website, though it may have been around for a while.
are you sure the 20K points offer is for the cash rewards card?
I see it is for the easy rewards card.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by nkp46
are you sure the 20K points offer is for the cash rewards card?
I see it is for the easy rewards card.

Does anyone know the difference between these two? appreciate a response.

I know points vs. direct cash. But are points valued at 1 cpm?

Both have statement credit as an option. Is anything different? I was planning on applying for the 20k offer.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:07 pm

TD

the easy rewards card has the 200.00 cash back. the 20K points convert to cash as a check mailed to you if you want it. The same goes for the 5%. you can get check mailed or other options. The cash is NOT devalued. But the offer expires 9/6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.