Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Orochimaru
Does anyone know how to pay off this card besides doing the regular transfer from TD checking account or BB? I read someone mentioned earlier that you can do a pull from other banks on the TD website (similar to Amex OBC) but I don't see such option in the website.
try tdcardservices
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:48 pm

Ah now it makes sense, thanks yoyo!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Deleted.

Last edited by jan_believes; Jan 29, 2015 at 9:33 pm
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:04 pm

Anyone have trouble using the card to make large purchases? I have been using the td bank card for a couple years now (alternating between family members to get 6 months on the 5%), this is the first time they said you have the credit available, but we will not let you make a large purchase.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by brandon032586
Anyone have trouble using the card to make large purchases? I have been using the td bank card for a couple years now (alternating between family members to get 6 months on the 5%), this is the first time they said you have the credit available, but we will not let you make a large purchase.
I've been able to make a few 5k purchases without issue. I called ahead for the first ones, but didn't for the last one.

I was told it would take 10 business days or up to 2 statement cycles for a statement credit. The guy told me checks come in 7-10 days. How are others cashing out rewards?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I've been able to make a few 5k purchases without issue. I called ahead for the first ones, but didn't for the last one.

I was told it would take 10 business days or up to 2 statement cycles for a statement credit. The guy told me checks come in 7-10 days. How are others cashing out rewards?
Statement credits appear in 2-3 days. I've had no problem making large purchases. I have had a problem with payments held for no reason. It's infuriating, because you can't even make extra payments to free up the account.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
I was rejected when I tried to spend 4K, then I reduced to 2K, that worked.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka

Did you tell them you were going to spend 5K in grocery store when you called?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:11 pm

May I ask how soon one can apply a new credit card after close the old one in order to get 6 months on the 5%? Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly
Did you tell them you were going to spend 5K in grocery store when you called?
I did. I gave them the name of the store.

Today I got my first rejection. I had spent 2k in one Giant (all they had left) and then tried 3K in a new one for me that same day, since I happened to be there. I eventually got transferred to fraud department to get block taken off of card and purchase went through but it was a long process. Anybody ever have a similar situation happen? Any danger of being shutdown? I'm worried for my next purchase.

Is one large purchase a day safe?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I live in CA. Would you please let me know if I can qualify for this card?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:09 am

You have to have a bank account with TD first before you can apply for this card
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:18 pm

I've figured out most of the quirks of this bank/card, and things are rolling well. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
To clarify, my knowledge is mostly about day-to-day use. I do not work for TD bank or have any special knowledge...just what I've learned by using this card for several months, (and doing 5% cards for almost 2 years now).

Last edited by zeppoloveskafka; Jan 14, 2015 at 5:49 pm
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:05 pm

There was some information earlier in this thread that you have to call in to get rewards. That's not true. You can painlessly get them here.

https://easyrewards.tdbank.com

I was having difficulty logging in for some reason, but a CSR reset info for me and no issues.

I redeem to statement credit, and it appears on my account within a couple days.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:12 pm

I have enjoyed 6 months of extravagant grocery shopping with my TD Easy Rewards card with no problems whatsoever. Now that 6 months are up, I was wondering if I could apply for and get the TD Cash Rewards card which is a different product for another 6 months of 5%. Has anyone tried this? My other thought is to get a card for my spouse and be an authorized user on that. If we could each get the other card as well, that would give us 2 full years, not too shabby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.