Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 50k (=$500) after $4k in 90 days; AF waived first year

See wiki for latest offer.

The best public offer is currently 40k points. See post #108. Occasionally, existing credit union members have also been personally targeted for 60k.

Happened to see this on myfico: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Cred...K/td-p/2484437

See this landing page: https://www.navyfederal.org/products...s/flagship.php

The offer is 60k points after $3000 spend within 90 days. $49 annual fee waived first year. The points are apparently worth 1 cent/$ for travel redemptions and the card returns 2 pt/$.

To redeem your travel points for an airline ticket, you can do any of the following:

- Sign on to Account Access, click on your Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards credit card account and follow the instructions.
- Buy the ticket on your own using your Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card, then send an e-message to us through Account Access or call 1-888-842-6328 to be reimbursed from your points.

- You do not have to have enough points at the time of purchase, but the total amount of points are required at the time of reimbursement
- You should wait for the transaction to post before contacting us for reimbursement
Obviously, you have to be a member of the credit union to join. Essentially, you must work for the US military or DoD, or be a family member of someone who does [including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members]

Don't really know anything about this program but $600 and 2 pt/$ is certainly interesting. Anyone a member or want to take the time to look into it?

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Nov 27, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:46 pm

Interesting
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:02 am

You can see more info about the value of the points here:

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/cred...p_brochure.pdf

The 60k points is good for $600 towards an air ticket, or $450 cashback.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:25 am

I applied and got the following:

Your credit card application has been submitted and is being reviewed. The normal processing time for a credit card application is 3-5 business days.

Anyone know of a # to call for reconsideration/credit analyst? I have another NFCU card already which has a ~$7000 balance at 0% (thanks to their promo from last March), but that is only ~30% utilization for the credit limit.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
This card LOOKS pretty good ($600 in travel?). Also, it's like PenFed in where you have to be eligible to apply (DoD, Military, etc). Has anyone successfully signed up?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: All of em...
Bummer. Tried to join the Credit Union but I would've had to lie and say I was a member of the military/army, etc... Crosses my line.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Bummer. Tried to join the Credit Union but I would've had to lie and say I was a member of the military/army, etc... Crosses my line.
I wonder if you could get in via the backdoor ala Penfed where you just need to donate like $10 to the Red Cross organization to be eligible.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
I was not planning on any more apps for awhile, but this offer was too good to turn down. Not as good as the CAP 1 a few years ago that gave $1K but $600 in travel is a good deal any way you look at it.

I was not instantly approved, received the message to allow 3-5 days for processing. I am sure it will be approved though, I have been with NFCU for over 30 years.

EDIT: Received text message today saying I was approved.

Last edited by isle-hawg; Oct 3, 2013 at 6:49 am
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by doss1
I wonder if you could get in via the backdoor ala Penfed where you just need to donate like $10 to the Red Cross organization to be eligible.
Unfortunately, everything I've read says they are pretty strict to only allow people who meet the eligibility criteria and do audit - someone reported being locked out of accounts until the relationship was documented.

The easiest way to qualify seems to be to have a parent/grandparent who retired from the military with a pension. As long as that person is willing to provide documentation if necessary, it seems they will take an application over the phone to join.

I'm going to pass but it seems like a great offer for those who qualify.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Unless their is a new rule that I am unaware of the only way to join NFCU is to be an active member of one of the armed services, DoD employee or retired from same. Once you are a member the rules allow members to invite family to also become members.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:36 pm

My dad retired from the VA, I'm guessing that's not good enough. Can anyone confirm?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:21 pm

I got the 3-5 day message but was approved a few hours later.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:06 am

just got approved for me and wife.........sweet....
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:20 am

Can I join if my Dad was in the Navy for 4 years?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Unfortunately, everything I've read says they are pretty strict to only allow people who meet the eligibility criteria and do audit - someone reported being locked out of accounts until the relationship was documented.

The easiest way to qualify seems to be to have a parent/grandparent who retired from the military with a pension. As long as that person is willing to provide documentation if necessary, it seems they will take an application over the phone to join.

I'm going to pass but it seems like a great offer for those who qualify.
+1
There have been big threads in the past on myfico.com and creditboards.com on eligibility to join NFCU. Just go to those forums and search. Lots of info on others experiences trying to qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.