Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Old May 19, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
This bonus was great considering it cost me exactly $0 to make the spend and a free $660 in travel
Yup, it was a great deal with the 60K bonus. If bonus is only 30K now I would wait on the card for a better offer. No guarantee the 60K will come back anytime soon, but still, hard to get excited over $300.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:22 pm

The offer is now 40k until Nov 30 2014. No word yet on targeted offers of more than 40k, but we can hope. If I get one I'll let y'all know.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
See link here (thanks butterfingerwrapper and welcome to FT):

https://www.navyfederal.org/products...s/flagship.php
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
See link here (thanks butterfingerwrapper and welcome to FT):

https://www.navyfederal.org/products...s/flagship.php
Yes, thanks butterfingerwrapper!

Link above was the same I received when I went to sign in.

I have a $15K CL with them on 1.5% CB Visa. Think I should try this, also? I can't seem to get Sapphire to like me (maybe because I have too many Chase CCs already)....
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:12 pm

Thank you gentlemen.

As far as trying the card, I don't know. The best public offer has been 30k in the past, and this is up to 40k. I assume that any targeted links will be increased from that, so we can probably see a 60k before the offer expires (if you're lucky of course).

The Go Rewards had an increased bonus last month (it was small, maybe 150?) and they sent me an email about it, but I haven't gotten an email from NCFU about the Flagship yet. So I'm going to hold out until I get some kind of notice.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:46 pm

Anyone willing to help me join NFCU? pm me?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:28 pm

Just rechecked the Navy Federal website and they changed the duration of this offer. The offer now expires October 31 instead of November 30 as I originally reported. I still have not received a targeted offer unfortunately, but I think it'll happen after the 15th.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Delta Silver, United Silver
Question Chase Sapphire vs. VISA Signature Flagship

I was going to get a Chase Sapphire Preferred as soon as I hit $25,000 in spending on my United MileagePlus card (to get 10,000 bonus miles) But, in the mail yesterday, I got an offer for the Navy Federal VISA Signature Preferred card. It offers 2X points on all spending and a $49 annual fee, as well as various VISA benefits.

IIRC, the "points" I'd earn on the Chase Sapphire card can be converted directly into miles, and I think maybe the VISA card the points can only be redeemed for travel. I just wanted to see what others thought or had found out.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:36 am

You really just have to read up on both and see what suits you best. The respective sites have the information you need to asses this and it's clear that you need to spend some more time on both sites. I'm pulling my NFCU info from their site since I'm not eligible and don't have any NFCU products.

If you're already accruing MileagePlus miles the 1:1 transfer from UR to MileagePlus is probably beneficial. NFCU points are worth 1 cent each when redeemed for airlines tickets and less when redeemed for cash. UR points redeemed as cash back are worth 1 cent each but the better value is typically via transfer to travel partners. The rewards earn rates differ on the two cards but that's also covered on the respective sites.

Last edited by takeshi74; Oct 10, 2014 at 11:42 am
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:38 am

Got a mailer (snail) that all spend is 4x in NOV/dec. I need to investigate more but good ms I suppose!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Got a mailer (snail) that all spend is 4x in NOV/dec. I need to investigate more but good ms I suppose!
Woah thats huge.......is this for everyone? Even people that sign up now?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:32 am

Was there a code for you or did it just say that was happening for members
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:04 pm

It appears targeted, it says for card ending in xxxx. I signed up last October, I was just about to cancel as my annual fee was coming up. I signed up when they had the $600 signup bonus, which is great by the way. If they have that bonus I would definitely do it again, redeeming was extremely easy.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Oct 19, 2014 at 9:44 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:01 pm

It appears targeted, it says for card ending in xxxx. I signed up last October, I was just about to cancel as my annual fee was coming up. I signed up when they had the $600 signup bonus, which is great by the way. If they have that bonus I would definitely do it again, redeeming was extremely easy.
Me too. Signed up when it was 60K bonus. Got the 4 points per dollar notice in the mail today. Navy is starting to be a bit of a player, like WF. At least they are trying.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:19 am

Any way around opening an account? I qualify for membership - I just don't want two seperate hard pulls - 1 of which is for a savings account I would rather not have. I just want their card :P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.