Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Ah man. I already have the card. I wonder if this a different version. I guess I'll have to find out. I know that earlier this year they doubled everyone's point balances because they were redoing the the whole rewards program. I ended up with a little over 25K extra points. They essentially made this a card a 2% cash back. It used to be that points were worth about 20% for most things. I remember a couple of year ago I redeem something like 40K points and got a check in the mail for $500.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I joined in '87 while on AD, and over the years I have been able to extend an invitation to join to other family members (i.e parents, wife, sister, brother, cousin). My cousin was part of my household at the time of the invitation. My sister, brother, and parents were not although we do share the same last name. After my cousin got married she had her husband joined as well. One of my buddies extended an invitation to his roommate and that person was approved. I don't know if the rules have changed but it seemed as long as you could proved someone was related to you or lived with you that those people qualified for membership.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Been a NFCU member for years and just saw this offer.

Does anyone have experience on the redemption side? I thought the info and samples for airfare was a little vague. I can't tell if the program is more of a USB Flexperks range deal, or more Barclays/Cap One. I also couldn't tell if it offered partial redemptions (e.g. $400 credit on a $500 ticket) - it does not appear to but wasn't sure.

On membership, give them a call. They want new members and are generally willing to try and find a connection.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron

Does anyone have experience on the redemption side? I thought the info and samples for airfare was a little vague. I can't tell if the program is more of a USB Flexperks range deal, or more Barclays/Cap One. I also couldn't tell if it offered partial redemptions (e.g. $400 credit on a $500 ticket) - it does not appear to but wasn't sure.

On membership, give them a call. They want new members and are generally willing to try and find a connection.
From FW:
Just to make sure, I sent a message through NFCU's website and they replied that yes, you can redeem points for a partial credit, i.e. redeem 60,000 points for $600 credit on a >$600 ticket that you purchased yourself. You do so by sending an online message or by calling in.

"Navy Federal allows Flagship cardholders to process redemptions for previous tickets for up to one year prior."
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron

They used to have the Flexperks scheme, 20K points up to $400 and so forth. But earlier this as I stated above they change their whole reward program. As compensation they doubled every member's point balance. So they now use the Cap1 scheme, where 100 pts = $1 for travel purposes. One of the negatives is that they also devalued the redemption rate for cash, and gift cards.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
I was wondering what the experts on this forum thought of this'd deal? I'm looking for an option after I complete my Starwood Preferred Guest offer.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:55 am

I see MMS brought up this card today. I joined the Credit Union about a week ago. Got my literature & debit card in the mail in literally 4-5 days. Crazy fast. Will apply for card sometime this week. Have a feeling this thread will get a lot bigger.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
I see MMS brought up this card today. I joined the Credit Union about a week ago. Got my literature & debit card in the mail in literally 4-5 days. Crazy fast. Will apply for card sometime this week. Have a feeling this thread will get a lot bigger.
I think MMS said everyone in American could join potentially. But I think that's too broad.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:39 am

They have an eligibility list on their website. I wouldn't say it is one of those that anyone can get in.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:25 am

Applied for and received this card. Instant Approval. It was my 9th Application since February.

I received my debit card but no access code for online access. I needed to call to setup online access before applying for the card. Quick 2-3 minute process - very easy.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Applied for and received this card. Instant Approval. It was my 9th Application since February.

I received my debit card but no access code for online access. I needed to call to setup online access before applying for the card. Quick 2-3 minute process - very easy.
The only reason I haven't applied for this card is because of all that other stuff that comes with the account (another debit card, online products, etc). Is that something to be concerned about? I won't use that stuff anyways, just looking for the $600.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by doss1
The only reason I haven't applied for this card is because of all that other stuff that comes with the account (another debit card, online products, etc). Is that something to be concerned about? I won't use that stuff anyways, just looking for the $600.
I'm sure others can answer better than I. Yes another debit card is a pain. Overall though I could use another account for Amazon Payments.

Going to need to take my organization skills to another level.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:03 pm

I never got a Navy debit card. They sent an ATM card, but I never used it or activated it.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by tjguitar85
I never got a Navy debit card. They sent an ATM card, but I never used it or activated it.
whoops, double checked and that is correct, I have an ATM card, not a debit card. Not sure I realized there is a difference before!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:09 am

whoops, double checked and that is correct, I have an ATM card, not a debit card. Not sure I realized there is a difference before!

no visa logo. can only be used at atms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.