Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue TrueBlue Amex BACK 20k points. Spend $1k/3mo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...

JetBlue Card
from American Express

App Link:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...card/jal-ep-lb

Get 20,000 TrueBlue® points† and a $0 Introductory annual fee for the 1st year, then $40. Apply now for an Instant Account. Start using it today if approved.†

Get 20,000 TrueBlue® points after you spend $1,000 with your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership.†

One-way Award Flights start at 5,000 points and $2.50 taxes/fees. Roundtrip Award Flights start at 10,000 points and $5.00 taxes/fees.‡

Earn up to 8 TrueBlue® points per dollar on eligible purchases of JetBlue flights and Getaways vacation packages on jetblue.com – that's 2 TrueBlue points per dollar spent on the Card in addition to the 6 TrueBlue points you get directly from JetBlue.‡

Earn one TrueBlue® point per dollar spent on eligible purchases.‡
Get a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year of Cardmembership, then $40.

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or a Crewmember JetBlue Card account within the last 12 months.

Anybody found the business card link? In 2011 they had the personal and business card for 20k points, with a lesser spend, but 20k points none-the-less. Used those 40k points for 2 free r/t flights to Colombia! Value can be had for sure if you've exhausted other options.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Isn't this the standard offer? This is what has popped up every time I log into my JetBlue account...
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Isn't this the standard offer? This is what has popped up every time I log into my JetBlue account...
I think it used to be 10K points on first spend (at least if I remember correctly when it was offered a few years ago)
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:50 pm

I thought this was the standard offer too...
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
I think it used to be 10K points on first spend (at least if I remember correctly when it was offered a few years ago)
I think that's the offer on Amex's website, but through JetBlue it's always been 20k that I've seen....
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:25 pm
Suspended

I was under the impression 10k was the standard offer. $1k/3 mo.

I got an email today saying "You asked. We listened."

What does 20k get ya, anyway?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Right, I got the same email.

Like I said in my first post, I think I got a round trip ticket from JFK to Bogota, Colombia for like 26,000 points in 2011. If I recall, the points are somewhat based on the revenue price of the ticket, like Southwest.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:10 am
Suspended

Something to consider...
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to JetBlue forum where there should be a better understanding of the redemption value of the points.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: TrueBlue
20K can get you 2 round trip tickets from NY-BOS. There are often fare sales that have that route going for 5000 points.

The thing I liked about TrueBlue is that I actually got to GET a free flight (recent BOS-LGB trip for my wife and I) and I have enough points that I'm on the verge of being able to go to Florida for free from simply assigning a lot of my monthly bills to my Amex card.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I got this card last year and liked it. It got me a free flight from JfK to ABQ over Labor Day weekend. I estimate that the offer is woth about $400 in base fare. Could be used for a ticket to the Carribean if you find the right deal. It's not a huge amount of points, but the min spend is low and it's a nice way to round out a churn.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Link is still active... just applied and approved , 2nd Amex card open , had canceled SPG in August.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
Is the Amex Jet Blue card churnable? Any reason to keep it and pay the yearly fee if the miles don't expire now?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
Is the Amex Jet Blue card churnable? Any reason to keep it and pay the yearly fee if the miles don't expire now?
All Amex cards with the 1 year term on the app are churnable (so basically all Amex cards). It just has to have been canceled for a year, and then you can get apply again.

For your 2nd question, unless you're a loyal Jetblue flyer and love racking up Jetblue miles, there's no (serious) reason to keep it open too long. Cancel it and let the 1 year clock start ticking.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:27 pm

Guys

Does anybody have a business card link for 20k points too? Thinking of applying both personal & business with the 2-browser trick

Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.