Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:43 pm

I applied for the Visa Signature card last month and I was approved for it (and I have an e-mail stating that I was approved for the Visa Signature card), but Wells Fargo mysteriously sent me the Rewards card that is listed as the Platinum Card in my online account. I'm baffled.

Any way I'll report back on the status of not cycling credit lines for 6 months.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:50 am

Question - when do the rewards post to the account?

My statement closed yesterday and I don't have any available...and I can't see where I could get a "pending" amount.

I've had the account for about a month now.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:56 am

Also trying to make a $9k payment from my Chase checking and it's giving me this error:

"Transfer amount exceeds limit. Please try again."...?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Question - when do the rewards post to the account?

My statement closed yesterday and I don't have any available...and I can't see where I could get a "pending" amount.

I've had the account for about a month now.
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Also trying to make a $9k payment from my Chase checking and it's giving me this error:

"Transfer amount exceeds limit. Please try again."...?

The rewards, IME, have always been pending until the statement closes (at which point they become available).

I've always had that same issue with making payments over $5k online from a non-WF checking account. You can call in and make a payment with an agent for any amount you need.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by RickyBobby
The rewards, IME, have always been pending until the statement closes (at which point they become available).

I've always had that same issue with making payments over $5k online from a non-WF checking account. You can call in and make a payment with an agent for any amount you need.
Thank you. Points came available two days after statement close.

Ended up just making the payment in person at the bank.

Appreciate the reply ^
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:35 pm

I've seen DPs of being shutdown for cycling, but haven't read if this affects all WF accounts or just the account being abused. I'm planning on hitting the card hard after ramping up for a couple months since they gave me a low CL, but my checking account is linked to someone else so I'm worried about them being caught in the blowback. Anyone know if they usually just shutdown the card or all associated accounts?

Last edited by _f1sh; Apr 3, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by _f1sh
I've seen DPs of being shutdown for cycling, but haven't read if this affects all WF accounts or just the account being abused. I'm planning on hitting the card hard after ramping up for a couple months since they gave me a low CL, but my checking account is linked to someone else so I'm worried about them being caught in the blowback. Anyone know if they usually just shutdown the card or all associated accounts?
Just the card in my experience. Good luck.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:37 am

I wouldn't argue with them closing out my mortgage and canceling the balance
Old May 8, 2017, 1:35 am

Not sure where to put this query - but here it goes.

Has anyone experience a malfunction in their WF VS card chip? Is this a common problem?

Try to use this card at registers at multiple places, all spit back a "chip malfunction" error to me. I am not abusing my card, physically and metaphorically, and the chip has already stopped working after a week of ownership. Now getting a replacement ...

Old May 30, 2017, 11:42 am

PSA the wiki is incorrect. This thing is churnable. Follow the 16 month language and good to go. I never got the letter last time, and I am taking it easier this time, but $till...
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by calmasahinducow
I applied for the Visa Signature card last month and I was approved for it (and I have an e-mail stating that I was approved for the Visa Signature card), but Wells Fargo mysteriously sent me the Rewards card that is listed as the Platinum Card in my online account. I'm baffled.

Any way I'll report back on the status of not cycling credit lines for 6 months.
Can someone remind me how long it takes for WF rewards to post? My statement just closed on 10/6 and it kept saying that points are pending and expected redemption date is 10/8. Today (10/8) rolls in and now it says that expected redeemable date is 11/8... I don't remember if it takes a full month after the statement closes for points for a current month to post or if they post as soon as the statement closes.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In my experience, points from Statement #1 credit when Statement #2 posts to one's account.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
In my experience, points from Statement #1 credit when Statement #2 posts to one's account.
Let me repeat it in my own words to make sure I got it correctly. Any points I earned during September would post when October statement closes, and NOT when September statement closes? So there is a lag of about 1 month
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Can someone remind me how long it takes for WF rewards to post? My statement just closed on 10/6 and it kept saying that points are pending and expected redemption date is 10/8. Today (10/8) rolls in and now it says that expected redeemable date is 11/8... I don't remember if it takes a full month after the statement closes for points for a current month to post or if they post as soon as the statement closes.

Thoughts?
Check again tomorrow. The points should be available by then.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Let me repeat it in my own words to make sure I got it correctly. Any points I earned during September would post when October statement closes, and NOT when September statement closes? So there is a lag of about 1 month
Yes, they hold them back one cycle (for returns, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.