Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Hi bud,

The game continues in Cinci! WF allows MO deposits via mobile app, but limited to $1k per deposit daily and $3k or so monthly first couple months. Even after the honeymoon period is over, deposit limit is very low via this avenue, ACH in is going to be your best option.

Noone knows what 1/15 will bring, but I will say their fraud department is hyperactive. Also, as you know, WF doesn't service our area, so hopefully you have a previous account with them already set up. Approval for the card is highly contingent on WF's famous "previous relationship" criteria.

Lastly, companies make decisions on their customers at their will. Arguing HIPAA is unlikely to be a good shield as seen with the recent shutdowns by Amex, and in my experience USBank.
Thanks to you both for the responses.

I have the checking setup and am waiting on the debit card any day. I'll look for the offer online after.

I thought about mailing some initial MO. The app sounds promising but such low limits are difficult. Does the 3k cap increase after month 2? I usually MS low 6 figures monthly.

Per XtraPerks suggestion I guess I'll setup some local bank accounts to take the MO and move money from there to WF. Does it have to be by check? Is an ACH push/pull the same?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid

I thought about mailing some initial MO. The app sounds promising but such low limits are difficult. Does the 3k cap increase after month 2? I usually MS low 6 figures monthly.

Per XtraPerks suggestion I guess I'll setup some local bank accounts to take the MO and move money from there to WF. Does it have to be by check? Is an ACH push/pull the same?
I would be hesitant to push it with the mobile MO deposits. I did this fairly heavily with another bank and they shut me down quickly. Would be a shame to lose the checking account and be stuck with the 14 day hold on payments with an outside account. With that said, I have made payments from other bank accounts and not experienced any hold on the CL. Have not done bluebird though.

ACH push is your best bet but sometimes is limited by smaller banks. WF has a limit on pulls, I hit it with 6k one month. Now, when I look online it is 5k per day and 25k per month. Don't know if that is because I hit the other limit and complained about it being unreasonable and they upped it for me or whether everyone has a higher limit now.

As has been mentioned many times, fraud is ridiculous with this card, I was ready to give up on it after the first month, but if you make it to month three, I didn't have many issues at that point. I am in month 6 now and had my first decline in probably two months. Easier resolution for this one than in the past too.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by deekay38
ACH push is your best bet but sometimes is limited by smaller banks. WF has a limit on pulls, I hit it with 6k one month.

Wait so does the ACH push also double as a direct deposit into the WF checking? Or do you have to do a pull once a month?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid

Cap doesn't increase till 3 or 6 months after the account has been opened. Even after, the cap will not be conducive to the volume of what you are hoping to do.

ACH push/pull is all dependent on on which end you initiate the fund transfer. Pushing in from serve/bb works and will help fulfill any monthly DD requirements.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:10 am

I applied and got the approval for the 5% reward CC in branch. Is there any benefit to open a Checking account?

Last edited by prasha11; Dec 16, 2014 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
I applied and got the approval for the 5% reward CC in branch. Is there any benefit to open a Checking account?

Did you get a Platinum or a Signature card? If you got a Platinum you may want the checking account. They put ridiculous holds on external payments, but payments from your wells checking free up credit immediately.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:54 pm

Best way to do this without a WF location within reasonable distance?

My plan would be to fund with (1) BB or (2) BOA via MO deposit and then use BOA checking to pay WF card. Am I looking at unreasonably long times for held credit, processing?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by cb11

My plan would be to fund with (1) BB or (2) BOA via MO deposit and then use BOA checking to pay WF card. Am I looking at unreasonably long times for held credit, processing?
If you have the platinum then yes, if you have the signature then no.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by cb11

I have been doing a few check free bill pays to this card, and the hold time on freeing up available credit is enormous.

It is faster to just mail them the money orders as payment on the credit card. It takes them a while to cash them, but the available credit is immediately freed up. The stamp and envelope is not that expensive, and you should only do one money order per envelope since the automated letter opening machines struggle with more than one payment in an envelope.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
Did you get a Platinum or a Signature card? If you got a Platinum you may want the checking account. They put ridiculous holds on external payments, but payments from your wells checking free up credit immediately.
I am not sure which card, waiting for the mailman. WF branch is walking distance, I intend to bring few MOs every week, any hold issues with that?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:29 pm

I was hoping to get some help as to how to move forward. My mom applied for the card adding me as an AU. She was approved automatically, but it was a somewhat low limit. She called in asking for a higher limit and they wanted proof of income. So she sent it in. She was denied, declaring Equifax as a reason and as a result WF is now saying her expenses are too high so she's not getting the card.

I've never heard of an instance where you're approved for a card and they take it away because you don't qualify for a CLI. She's tried calling a couple times and since it's WF, the conversation has gone nowhere. Any advice as to how to proceed moving forward? If she has to re-apply later that's one thing, but since she was approved will that mean she no longer qualifies for the 5x for 6 months since she technically had the card?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by sound48
I was hoping to get some help as to how to move forward. My mom applied for the card adding me as an AU. She was approved automatically, but it was a somewhat low limit. She called in asking for a higher limit and they wanted proof of income. So she sent it in. She was denied, declaring Equifax as a reason and as a result WF is now saying her expenses are too high so she's not getting the card.

I've never heard of an instance where you're approved for a card and they take it away because you don't qualify for a CLI. She's tried calling a couple times and since it's WF, the conversation has gone nowhere. Any advice as to how to proceed moving forward? If she has to re-apply later that's one thing, but since she was approved will that mean she no longer qualifies for the 5x for 6 months since she technically had the card?
Your scenario is interesting...and you could be right about reapplying and not getting the bonus. Depends how they code it in the system I guess. Worse case, any future card applications may fail because the system sees that WF independently closed a formerly approved card (making the assumption that the customer was at fault). Talking to a human always carries risk. Avoid it unless absolutely necessary. I also wanted a higher CL and called them after being approved. They also said send us more info, your income, etc. I chose not to and have been able to do some MS on the card with some recycling of the line. Best of luck to you. At least the card would have only given 6 months of cash back and not years like the old blue cash card used to.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnChop
I chose not to and have been able to do some MS on the card with some recycling of the line. Best of luck to you. At least the card would have only given 6 months of cash back and not years like the old blue cash card used to.
I got 2.5k Cl, How much MSing I can do a month by recycling CL using MO at the branch or BB.? 4x$500 each cycle.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
I got 2.5k Cl, How much MSing I can do a month by recycling CL using MO at the branch or BB.? 4x$500 each cycle.
Should have opened an account. What a waste! I would open an account and ask for a CL increase.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Should have opened an account. What a waste! I would open an account and ask for a CL increase.
Charged 2.03k on 23rd, walked to the branch on 24th to deposit 1k MO + 700 cash,
instant increase of available credit! is this contrary to everyone's experience?
My deposit is not even posted yet(25th)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.