Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
I know this has been discussed but a search yields unrelated stuff. Approved 5/2 activated 5/7 would the last day of 5% be on 11/2 or 11/7? And does the bonus category bonus drop off mid cycle as well?
Here's a little more advice: in addition to doing searches (or actually even before), try reading the thread's wiki. If you are on the app, then switch to the website in your phone browser. Your question was answered there.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:07 am

Wells checking transfer limits

I have a checking account with my card and seem to have hit a funds transfer limit, don't understand the rules. There is a monthly 6k transfer IN limit from outside banks, but last night I got an error message saying I have reached my 30 day transfer limit. I had transferred in 2k on 9/10, 9/30, 10/1. The 2k transfer last night went through no problem, but I tried to schedule another for Monday and got a 30 day transfer limit error. Instructions say the limit is monthly, has anyone else had this issue?

I'll call the bank on Monday and report back if no one has an answer.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:35 am

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

I'll ask this question again. I've been a customer with WF customer for 15 years and my only CC with them is a Visa Signature card, which earns such points at a 1:1 ratio.

I contemplated applying for the card on this thread, but when I called WF, the CSRs told me I may not qualify for the 6-month promotion since I already have a CC with WF.

Has anyone been able to open this CC already having another product with them?
Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by coltonatx
I'll ask this question again. I've been a customer with WF customer for 15 years and my only CC with them is a Visa Signature card, which earns such points at a 1:1 ratio.

I contemplated applying for the card on this thread, but when I called WF, the CSRs told me I may not qualify for the 6-month promotion since I already have a CC with WF.

Thanks
I would say go ahead and apply. Getting a bonus on one card product does not exclude you from getting the bonus on a separate product
But you will want to apply and not just product change

Edit
in Rereading your post, the CSR might be right
But, it is for this reason exactly that banks (even Chase) have started editing their T%C to say that, you are indeed eligible for the Bonus offer again if you cancel (depending on account age,product change might be better) the card in question, and just reapply. (so long as you have not received a signup offer for this card in at least 24 months

Also, if you are as good of a wells Fargo customer as you say you are, you might consider applying for the wells Fargo propel series of cards. The world edition AMEX gives you 40k points to start, has some decent category bonuses, and also gives a "relationship bonus" of up to 50% at the end of the year depending on the depth of your relationship with Wells Fargo

Hope that helps

Last edited by rgAAFT; Oct 19, 2014 at 11:04 am
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Quote:

Thanks

I would say go ahead and apply. Getting a bonus on one card product does not exclude you from getting the bonus on a separate product
But you will want to apply and not just product change

Edit
in Rereading your post, the CSR might be right
But, it is for this reason exactly that banks (even Chase) have started editing their T%C to say that, you are indeed eligible for the Bonus offer again if you cancel (depending on account age,product change might be better) the card in question, and just reapply. (so long as you have not received a signup offer for this card in at least 24 months

Also, if you are as good of a wells Fargo customer as you say you are, you might consider applying for the wells Fargo propel series of cards. The world edition AMEX gives you 40k points to start, has some decent category bonuses, and also gives a "relationship bonus" of up to 50% at the end of the year depending on the depth of your relationship with Wells Fargo

Hope that helps
This is what worries. All their cash back cards have the following terms added:

Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:39 am

Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below.

Well, I can tell you first hand, I got this card last year for 5X. Just a few weeks ago I applied, was approved and got the bonus for the propell world AMEX
Furthermore, as a rule of thumb, you should never close accounts if they are not paid off... (Whichever card you choose to go for, I think the process with go smoother than you think, so give it a go.)
Also, wells Fargo application process/ automated underwriter is kind of weird and super sensitive. Therefore, if you get a pending decision, don't worry, just call the application status line and periodically check status through automated system, if you find out you were declined, get in contact with live rep and work with them toward application approval (most likely the decline will have come from something simple, like income not placed in the current field on the application, or that you failed to disclose a mortgage payment etc)

Last edited by rgAAFT; Oct 19, 2014 at 11:56 am
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:42 am

Quote:

Well, I can tell you first hand, I got this card last year for 5X. Just a few weeks ago I applied, was approved and got the bonus for the propell world AMEX
ThankYou! You're the only person who has been kind enough to answer my question
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:46 pm

ThankYou! You're the only person who has been kind enough to answer my question
You are welcome
just make sure you read mymost current post (i edited it several times)
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by deekay38
There is a monthly 6k transfer IN limit from outside banks, but last night I got an error message saying I have reached my 30 day transfer limit. I had transferred in 2k on 9/10, 9/30, 10/1. The 2k transfer last night went through no problem, but I tried to schedule another for Monday and got a 30 day transfer limit error. Instructions say the limit is monthly, has anyone else had this issue?
Spoke with the bank, transfer in limit is 6k per rolling 30 days, not calendar month.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by romeogg
My promotion ended a week ago. I got the 5x back on the purchases I made the day before the last day, but not on the purchases made on the last day. All posted on the same day, but three days later than the promotion expiration date, on the WF reward website. So I would advise you not expect the extra bonus on the last day purchases. It seems YMMV.
I noticed that under "Promotional Offers – Spend Threshold" it says that I had until 8/24/14 to complete the offer for 30k reward points. (Date Registered: 8/24/14). And on "Promotional Offers – Usage" it says I have until 11/22/2014 for the 6 month bonus... that might explain why the dates are a little off.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Just got a WF with 6 months of 5x - targeted offer with $200 cash after $1,000 spend and a very high CL based on what I see in this thread. I do have a small other relationship with WF which likely triggered the target. So far no fraud protection issues by following recommendations in this thread!

Anyway, I have read a lot in this thread about warnings or shutdowns for exceeding the CL and/or paying before the statement hits. Has anyone had problems with pure MS spend while staying within the CL and paying only after the statement is ready? Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by pjleitch
Just got a WF with 6 months of 5x - targeted offer with $200 cash after $1,000 spend and a very high CL based on what I see in this thread. I do have a small other relationship with WF which likely triggered the target. So far no fraud protection issues by following recommendations in this thread!

Anyway, I have read a lot in this thread about warnings or shutdowns for exceeding the CL and/or paying before the statement hits. Has anyone had problems with pure MS spend while staying within the CL and paying only after the statement is ready? Thanks
Thats what I did (do) with no issues
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thats what I did (do) with no issues
So you are saying you are " exceeding the CL and/or paying before the statement hits." Is that correct? because that's what i need to do with a 5k limit.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
So you are saying you are " exceeding the CL and/or paying before the statement hits." Is that correct? because that's what i need to do with a 5k limit.
No, I had a 5k limit and had to get it increased to 10.5 k . Overpayments/ quick transfers do not sit well with Wells Fargo, I wss told NOT to do that or I would have been shut down. On a practical note, this was a non issue on my visa platinum card anyway since it would not allow ANY amount over the CL to go through, regardless if you had a credit balance or not

After my experience at CVS once with the 5k line and the card declining, I went outside, yelled at a credit analyst and got the CLI . After that, no issues
Originally Posted by pjleitch

Last edited by rgAAFT; Oct 27, 2014 at 7:23 am
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:03 am

If anyone has had points confiscated and managed to get them back please pm me. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.