Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Credit Card Travel To Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Best Credit Card Travel To Hawaii

Newbie, Looking for the best Credit Card for travel to Hawaii. I spend a lot of time traveling back and forth to Hawaii from Sacramento, Oakland and San Francisco for my children who attend college$
Can anyone tell me what would be the best Credit Card for earning ff miles/points. I'm also open for a Hotel Credit Card,
Thanks, Chris
Old Aug 17, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Welcome to FT!

For Coach travel, a nonstop on AS costs only 12,500 British Airways Avios, when AS has low-tier "Super Saver" award seats available. Connections require more Avios, as BA charges separately for each award flight flown.

You can earn Avios with the Chase/BA Visa card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa card (whose "Ultimate Rewards" points can be converted to Avios on a 1:1 basis), or any American Express charge card that earns "Membership Rewards" points (which can also be converted to Avios on a 1:1 basis, but sometimes with transfer bonuses that have ranged from 30% to 50%).

Ultimate Rewards points and Membership Rewards points are more versatile, as they can be converted to points/miles in a variety of programs.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Amex PRG generates a ton of points and is cost effective if you spend $30K plus to get the bonus. Points transfer to HA and BA, among others, giving you access to award seats on HA and AS.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:08 pm

Other AMEX products can get you MR points so you can convert to Avios. I'm waiting for the next bonus transfer to British Airways, I think the last one just finished in June?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:55 pm

You can also transfer SPG (Starwood) points to BA. 20,000 SPG = 25,00 Avios...good enough for a round trip on AS or AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.