Best Buy gift cards for camera gear?

Subscribe
I need a couple lenses and speedlites for my Canon DSLR. The usual online shops B&H, Adorama & Best Buy only seem to give 1 mile per $. I prefer UA miles or UR points but can work with AA miles too. I will have 3 minimum spends to meet:

Chase Freedom (5x gas stations, Kohls)
Chase Ink (5x office supply stores)
Amex PRG (2x supermarkets)

Is there any place I can buy Best Buy gift cards with one of the above multipliers and then buy my camera gear? I'm an expat living in Australia but will be in the USA next month.
Not sure about Best Buy. Staples carries Amazon GCs.
Unfortunately I dont think any office supply stores (OD, OM, Staples) sell Best Buy gift cards. Probably due to them being competitors. Might be worth looking at Kohls and grocery stores.
I'll only be in California a few days which includes a weekend so I won't have time to mail order anything. Are there any other good options for camera gear at a walk-in store?
Are you planning on keeping the PRG long term? As in long enough to use the extended warranty?
If you use the Amex be sure to check your offers on your Amex account page. I see one on mine for a $25 statement credit on a min $250 purchase at BestBuy by 9/8.
Quote: I'll only be in California a few days which includes a weekend so I won't have time to mail order anything. Are there any other good options for camera gear at a walk-in store?
You can order it on Amzn (after you buy Amzn GCs at office stores) and then choose overnight/2-day delivery while you're visiting CA. And Amzn might even be cheaper than BB.
I have bought a couple of lenses on amazon. Price is usually right in line with other stores. Amazon prime gives you free 2nd day air for a year.
You could go through an online portal such as Upromise or Discover and choose store pickup. That will give you 5% or so off the price in cashback. Check evrward for cashback sites. You could possibly even go through the cashback site to buy bb gc. And then go through the portal again to buy the actual item using the GC. I believe the terms say you don't get CB for GC purchase but I have seen it work anyway from Discover for physical BB GC. Also don't need to use Discover cc but they sometimes catch you on that as well. Not sure if you get CB for buying a GC through Upromise. You could try a small amount GC and see if you get it.
Grocery stores around me (Kroger family) carry Best Buy GCs and the PRG card would get you 2X there. Have to imagine there's a grocery store in CA somewhere that carries BB cards.
Quote: If you use the Amex be sure to check your offers on your Amex account page. I see one on mine for a $25 statement credit on a min $250 purchase at BestBuy by 9/8.
This is a great deal. I have 4 Amex's, so I picked up $100 in statement credits for $47.60, but I also earned $32.80 in BBRZ points so net cost $14.80 for 1,647 Amex points was $0.0089/cpm.

I'd do that all day long if they let me.
In my case, mail order is not an option, I really do need to buy Best Buy gift cards and walk into a store to use them.

Does anyone know a good place to buy Best Buy gift cards that would maximize the category multipliers?
According to this fatwallet thread from 2010, Kohl's does carry BB gift cards. With all of the hoopla around the HIGC fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if OD stops allowing GC's to be purchased with a CC. I'm not sure how much equipment you plan on buying, but I would:

1. sync your amex for the $25 off deal
2. buy ~$260 less worth of gift cards that you actually need (hopefully at Kohl's)
3. use the gift cards and charge ~$260 to your PRG.

You'll be getting 5x back on the Freedom, and ~10% off with the PRG plus 1x points on your $260 purchase.

As an alternative I would do the same steps above but purchase the GC with the PRG at a supermarket (maybe Von's?)... not really familiar with LA grocery stores.
Quote: I need a couple lenses and speedlites for my Canon DSLR. The usual online shops B&H, Adorama & Best Buy only seem to give 1 mile per $. I prefer UA miles or UR points but can work with AA miles too. I will have 3 minimum spends to meet:

Chase Freedom (5x gas stations, Kohls)
Chase Ink (5x office supply stores)
Amex PRG (2x supermarkets)

Is there any place I can buy Best Buy gift cards with one of the above multipliers and then buy my camera gear? I'm an expat living in Australia but will be in the USA next month.
Is Best Buy close in price to them? I usually find B&H/Adorama/Amazon to be a bit better on price than Best Buy.
Quote: According to this fatwallet thread from 2010, Kohl's does carry BB gift cards. With all of the hoopla around the HIGC fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if OD stops allowing GC's to be purchased with a CC. I'm not sure how much equipment you plan on buying, but I would:

1. sync your amex for the $25 off deal
2. buy ~$260 less worth of gift cards that you actually need (hopefully at Kohl's)
3. use the gift cards and charge ~$260 to your PRG.

You'll be getting 5x back on the Freedom, and ~10% off with the PRG plus 1x points on your $260 purchase.

As an alternative I would do the same steps above but purchase the GC with the PRG at a supermarket (maybe Von's?)... not really familiar with LA grocery stores.
In my Mom's area the local supermarkets are: Albertson's, Vons, Food4Less, Safeway, Walmart (doesn't code as supermarket?), Scolari's.

There is also a Kohl's in the area so this looks like a good option.
Quote: Is Best Buy close in price to them? I usually find B&H/Adorama/Amazon to be a bit better on price than Best Buy.
In the case of the lens and speedlite I want, the prices are the same. For personal reasons, I need to do a walk-in purchase of the items. I only mentioned them so the thread wouldn't get taken off-topic to a discussion of online retailers when I am asking about walk-in retailers.