FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1475783-citi-aa-credit-cards-except-executive-2013-2014-a.html)

Happy May 28, 2013 10:58 am

@CVG_Kid, Very good experiments. I very much like that systematic approach and thank you for sharing the details.

Observation:

1) the merger of pulls is done by bureau, not by bank.
2) weekend helps. speculate that the bureau's system does not operate 24/7 - there is down time for system maintenance.

kmcbrid2 May 28, 2013 11:47 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 20823278)
Looks like the link is gone. I am glad i did the 2BM last week. Got two Plat Visas approved...

Can anyone confirm they have been able to get it to work in the last 24 hours?

I just attempted on two different devices using chrome and firefox on all devices and delating all of my cookies.

Happy May 28, 2013 11:48 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 (Post 20824471)
Can anyone confirm they have been able to get it to work in the last 24 hours?

I just attempted on two different devices using chrome and firefox on all devices and delating all of my cookies.

It is dead and we probably can thank the bloggers for that.

supergrandslam May 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 20823278)
Looks like the link is gone. I am glad i did the 2BM last week. Got two Plat Visas approved...

Really? We think the 2BR was dead as citi doesn't allow 2 applications in the same day.

kmcbrid2 May 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 20824482)
It is dead and we probably can thank the bloggers for that.

Just curious... How long was that deal up for?

Guess I will wait until tomorrow to make sure the 50K deal is dead.

Looks like the 40K deal is still up so that looks like the best deal now.

kmcbrid2 May 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam (Post 20824594)
Really? We think the 2BR was dead as citi doesn't allow 2 applications in the same day.

This is the two broswer trick right, ya I thought citi killed this earlier this year.

ashap May 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 (Post 20824651)
Just curious... How long was that deal up for?

Guess I will wait until tomorrow to make sure the 50K deal is dead.

Looks like the 40K deal is still up so that looks like the best deal now.

Of course this is dead today!! It's my AoR day :(

I guess I'll end up waiting until tomorrow also to follow up on this also. Let us know if you are able to get into the page!

wastedwords May 28, 2013 1:07 pm

I was waiting till June 1 to reapply on the 50K link. I had a feeling it might not last that long... :(

flyertalkingallday May 28, 2013 1:31 pm

The link still worked yesterday. I filled out the application but was not able to submit it.

iqbalt80 May 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam (Post 20824594)

I did read in the forum before that folks who applied through expired links were told to apply again using a valid link. Somehow the expired link also worked and a new card showed up at their door a week or two down the line.

That's what I did. I applied through an expired link first. I was told by Citi to apply again using a valid link; valid link was approved the same day after calling recon..
The expired link application was valid in the system as well. Few days later, Citi sent an email to call back regarding the app. I called and moved around some credit and behold, the second card was approved too..

2 cards, 1 pull.

iqbalt80 May 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by wastedwords (Post 20825024)
I was waiting till June 1 to reapply on the 50K link. I had a feeling it might not last that long... :(

I had the same plan, but as soon as I noticed that the Biz 50K link was taken down, I went for the cards. I knew that the personal links would be taken down soooooooon...

imslippy May 28, 2013 3:01 pm

sigh....really?
i guess i'm waiting till tomorrow like others are doing
why didn't i do it yesterday.....

KennyBSAT May 28, 2013 3:05 pm

I am too busy (or lazy) to add this to the wiki, but there is also a 40K Platinum Mastercard (3K spend) that may make sense for anyone who has and is keeping an old AA Visa, especially since Citi seems to be clamping down some on churning. It also says it has a chip, YMMV. http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...TRAVEL&BT_TX=1 landing page

farbster May 28, 2013 3:53 pm

My in-laws are going to apply for a few credit cards. Something like one of the AA cards, Ink Bold (the plus one), USAir, and maybe one other.

I understand that you can only do one AA per day. So they would wait a few days and get the second AA card.

Is there a thought as to doing Personal and then another personal a few days later or should they do a Personal then biz a few days later. Surely they will do the 40k offer.

Furthermore, should they apply for a bunch of cards first (incl. one AA) and then the second AA card a few days later OR should they apply for one AA card and then a few days later apply for a bunch (incl. the 2nd AA card)

Thanks!

parys May 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129 (Post 20810622)
Simple rule with CITI. If the link works and the application goes through, you'll get the points.

Well, I may have the first counter to that. I applied through the "50k miles after $2500 spend in 4 months" personal AA visa link on 5/18. I just received the cards and sent a secure message to confirm the promotion terms.

Their reply was that I was enrolled in a promotion for 45,000 miles after $5000 spend in 4 months. That sound familiar to anyone? The doubled spending requirement is not a welcome detail...

They invited me to submit a copy of the "front and back of the offer you were solicited" in order to review it. Anyone have a screen shot of the 50k offer landing page?