Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
cool thanks, I'm waiting for a promo to wrap up. and might just have enough time to wait out 30 days after that posts to make the Nov 30th deadline for this offer.

but if it can be done without closing #1, I'd like to hear from folks. I realize after having a cpl barclay's products it becomes incidentally harder to get approved for more, esp with a short history with the bank, so I can fully understand the need to cancel out the card.
I'm in the exact same situation. Waiting to see an answer for your question on the above.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Daekwan
I'm in the exact same situation. Waiting to see an answer for your question on the above.
The problem is some get auto-approvals more easily than others, while some (like me) now have to recon every time. Trying to recon generally won't work as credit analysts will now likely deny you for already having the same card. I think they caught on and now see past the dubious excuse of "needing another card for separate expenses".

But if you were to PC to a different card BEFORE applying for card #2 you might have a shot with recon to get approved.

Also, has anyone had success getting more than 2 Barclays cards in a year lately?

Last edited by brc01; Oct 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
The problem is some get auto-approvals more easily than others, while some (like me) now have to recon every time. Trying to recon generally won't work as credit analysts will now likely deny you for already having the same card. I think they caught on and now see past the dubious excuse of "needing another card for separate expenses".

But if you were to PC to a different card BEFORE applying for card #2 you might have a shot with recon to get approved.

Also, has anyone had success getting more than 2 Barclays cards in a year lately?
I got two in twelve month period
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:05 pm

Update: Bonus miles from the double miles on Gas/Grocery/Utility up to $8,000 showed up as pending a few days ago. Guess they will be added to my Lufthansa account after my next statement closes 11/18.

Though the letter said to allow 4-6 weeks for these bonus promo miles to show up after the promotion end date, mine showed up within a few days of my promotion end date of Oct 21, 2014.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brc01

I was approved for the Arrival in July and just got a 15k auto approval today for the Lufthansa card. These were the only two TU inquiries I've had all year, but I've opened 8 new accounts this year. As always, YMMV.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:32 pm

If yoet this card now by the time you receive the card you will likely have less than 2 weeks to spend the $5,000.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:49 pm
fMD

Originally Posted by best
If yoet this card now by the time you receive the card you will likely have less than 2 weeks to spend the $5,000.
Don't you have 90 days to do the spending regardless of when you open it?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by fMD
Don't you have 90 days to do the spending regardless of when you open it?
This is true.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:49 pm
fMD

Originally Posted by hitman1420
This is true.
Thanks!

Op can you please clarify this?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:33 pm

???
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ninim2200
???
Regardless when you get the card, you have 90 days to make the minimum spend to get the miles.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Question for Successful churners

There are multiple reports of success churning this card. BUT, this is a new offer, and I think those reports are primarily from previous offers.

Did the apps you used to churn this card have this footnote: "This one-time thirty-thousand (30,000) additional award miles offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with a new account only"?

I'm not sure if this means first time lifetime, like the new AMEX rule. Or just "new accounts", of which every app is a new account, the way Citi meant it for the AA EXEC on the older apps.

I'd really love to pick up 50K LH miles, but I absolutely don't want to waste a HP, not to mention $5K in spend, and only end up with 20K miles, which would be basically useless.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:09 pm
jk2

I currently have 2 USair MC and 1 LH card (opened in June 2014). Decided to pull a trigger for second LH card, didn't get an instant approval, online status shows "declined". I wonder if it worth to speak with CSR or not - Barclays is very sensitive to other apps (which I have a lot), but in other hand I spend 2x$25K on each USair MC card, so they should be pleased in some way.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:19 pm

First Time Only?

Edit:

Originally Posted by eknock007
I've churned it 3 times, each time after closing the previous account 30 days prior. Most recent, closed an account June 1st and re-applied June 29th, All bonus miles (50K) have been credited my M&M's account.
Did your apps have the "first time cardmember only" language in the T/Cs? I've used up my LH miles, and really want to get more. But of course don't want to waste an app.

Last edited by Brugge; Nov 24, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by jk2
I currently have 2 USair MC and 1 LH card (opened in June 2014). Decided to pull a trigger for second LH card, didn't get an instant approval, online status shows "declined". I wonder if it worth to speak with CSR or not - Barclays is very sensitive to other apps (which I have a lot), but in other hand I spend 2x$25K on each USair MC card, so they should be pleased in some way.
Barclays is not as easy to deal with at Recon as Chase and Citi, and it definitely doesn't work to call over and over. But I don't see the harm in calling at least once. But since you already have one open, I doubt you will get approved for another one. I tried the "I need one for personal, and one for business" approach for a second US card, and got nowhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.