Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi ThankYou Preferred 5x Gas/Groceries/Drugstore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi ThankYou Preferred 5x Gas/Groceries/Drugstore

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by xlax
Yes, all good things come to and end, but when is that end? Would love actual data points, but willing to consider pure speculation as well. Here's my schedule from 2012:

February 28 - applied for the card
March 1 - card "approved on" purusant to March 4 email from Citi
March 4 - email from Citi advising that card approved on March 1
Mach 9 - card received and activated

So...when does the 12 month period end?

xlax
I speculate that it will be the 12th statement date. I assume your statement cuts around the 28th of every month.

Another thing to add. There is an option on citi.com to change your payment due date. I was wondering if you moved the due date in the last month of the promo if it would extend the statement cut date, therefore extending your promo period. It was about 2-3 weeks you could move it IIRC, so it could be a pretty significant extension.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:22 pm

anyone else seeing the mortgage redemption reward now missing from the website? it was there as of three weeks ago or so when I last redeemed, but now nothing in that category.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by dawhipsaw
anyone else seeing the mortgage redemption reward now missing from the website? it was there as of three weeks ago or so when I last redeemed, but now nothing in that category.
Shows for me under Cash and Charity
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
Shows for me under Cash and Charity
Yes, the category is still there for me too, but when I click on it, I get:

Mortgage Payment

We are sorry, but there are currently no products available in this category.

As an update, I called in to cash out some points and was able to still order the mortgage checks, so the redemption option is still available, just may not be on the website any longer for some.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:35 pm

OK, it works for me, shows me how many points = how many $ (very easy calculation!) and has a Call to Redeem button.

So you have been doing mortgage redemption without any issue? Are you doing a lot of manufactured spend?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:20 am

I have 160k TY points I want to put toward my student loan but can't find how to so it. I think I remember seeing the option for this in the past but can no longer find it.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I have 160k TY points I want to put toward my student loan but can't find how to so it. I think I remember seeing the option for this in the past but can no longer find it.
You have to call in to request a mortgage or student loan redemption check. You can't do it online.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:54 pm

Anyone notice that Best Buy GCs are no longer available on TY.com?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by dedkends
Anyone notice that Best Buy GCs are no longer available on TY.com?
Try going into your previous orders and clicking to the Best Buy gift cards from there.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by cashback
I was wondering if you moved the due date in the last month of the promo if it would extend the statement cut date, therefore extending your promo period.
The 5x and 0% APR promos end 12 and 15 months from the date the account was created.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Barry2013
Try going into your previous orders and clicking to the Best Buy gift cards from there.
I was not able to get this to work. Both types of GCs that I have previously purchased from the TY.com site (including BB GCs) aren't showing up. Strange.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:11 am

Try it today.
ThankYou website almost always has some issues on weekends.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
Try it today.
ThankYou website almost always has some issues on weekends.
Yep. Back up and running.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone seen the lodging certificates available lately? l looked about a week ago prior to my statement for the Hyatt ones, now they've been missing since then.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Has anyone seen the lodging certificates available lately? l looked about a week ago prior to my statement for the Hyatt ones, now they've been missing since then.
I believe that Hyatt is discontinuing these in a few days which might explain their absense. Since I've never really paid attention to this, I can't be sure so don't take my word for it.

xlax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.