Community
Wiki Posts
Search

generic points question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

generic points question

Hi there....just a technical question. So many points programs don't offer cash back, they offer the ability to travel, transfer to FF points, gift cards, etc. which can be a tremendous value. But I'm noticing that we are "collecting" alot of these cards which makes it cumbersome to use all the points with my "family of 3" (kind of nerve wracking to use points from 3 different cards to buy tickets unless we're actually transferring them all, say, to Delta or BA or similar ploy). Of course there's nothing wrong with getting $400 worth of home depot cards for free either .... just wondering how you envision a family using "multiple" signup bonuses that are NOT redeemable for cash? Thank you!!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:46 pm

generic points question

Sign up for a bunch of Chase Ultimate Rewards cards. Cash back at 1point= 1cent or transfer to United, Southwest, Korean, British Airways, Marriott, Hyatt, Priority Club.

Problem solved.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

I actually have the following
Chase UR (the 5% bonus every quarter)
Chase Sapphire (got 50K bonus points!)
Chase Ink Bold (just got, 50K bonus) - i can move all the points to the sapphire card which when using their travel portal, gives me 20% bonus on pts used ($600 travel for 50,000 pts or transfer to partner airline if that gives better deal)
My question was more generic, you know, sometimes I get alot of different offers available and I hate to pass them up but I also have a hard time with the non chase cards that only allow using the points for redemption of gift cards, online shopping or travel.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

On another note, I guess I shouldn't complain too much! I've been lucky enough to snag all the bigger signup bonus' and now I've got a great collection. I also have 94k AMEX gold points that I can transfer to my Delta FF on a 1:1 basis so that I can get rid of that card to make room for the next great deal! Thanks for your feedback.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:45 pm

Just don't bother with cards that don't have cash equivalents.

Barclays has the NFL card which gives $400 (can be redeemed for statement credit) after spending $2500.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Kenneth LaVoie
On another note, I guess I shouldn't complain too much! I've been lucky enough to snag all the bigger signup bonus' and now I've got a great collection. I also have 94k AMEX gold points that I can transfer to my Delta FF on a 1:1 basis so that I can get rid of that card to make room for the next great deal! Thanks for your feedback.
I'd be wary of dumping that many points into Delta. Unless you're hook, line, and sinker invested into it, I'd look into some other options. Or at least take a look at possible upcoming changes. Specifically, I chose BA during a transfer promo. But, each person has a different value for points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.