Critique My Next Round of Apps Please

Subscribe
Please share your opinion of my plan for next month. I appreciate the critique

I started credit card churning last June, but my first large AOR was August (7 Cards). I have an outline of this years apps and dates, with my next one being February. I wanted to wait 6 months to let last years drop so I will only have 1 hard inquiry in that time frame.

My Goals for the beginning of this yr in regards to credit cards (Not prepaid generated points)
1) UR points
2) Hilton Points and other Hotel Points

My February Apps will be my most aggressive of the year by far, and would like input on whether I'm over-reaching. I have two international trips planned for this year which is why I'm building hotel points at this point in the year. My current airline miles already will cover my flights.

US BANK: (FIRST APPLICATION) - Hoping 1 Inquiry
1) US Bank Club Carlson - 85K (I have had one other US bank CC for 7 months)

CHASE: (3 Browser) - Hoping 1-2 Inquiries (Last yr they checked two bureaus 2 times - Exp/Trans)
1) Chase Sapphire Preferred Mastercard - 40K UR (I have the VISA version - explain need for MC and exchang VISA for MC)
2) Chase Freedom Visa - 10K UR (I have MC version - explain need for VISA)
3) Chase Hyatt - 2 Free Nights (HUCA until Rep lets me get third card - explain I need a hotel card as I have none with chase. I can close/move credit line of my SW or United Chase Cards)

CITI: (2 Browser) - Hoping 1 Inquiry
1) Hilton Hhonors - 50K (My second - separate spending)
2) Hilton Reserve - 2 Weekend Nights (My second - separate spending)

BOH & BOA: (3 or 4 Browser) - Hoping 1-2 Inquries
1) BOH Hawaiian Airlines - 35K (First one in Aug 2012 - canceled 2 months ago)
2) BOA Hawaiian Airlines - 35K (First one in Aug 2012 - canceled this month)
3) BOA Virgin Atlantic - 20K (First one in Aug 2012 - canceled 2 months ago)
4) BOA Alaskan Airlines - 25K (Speculative - never had before but could use the miles if no additional inquiry)

I'm hoping to use individual application numbers to call reconsideration for most of these cards if needed. HUCA until I get a rep willing to work with me. Hoping for 10 cards with only 4-5 inquiries.

---FAKOs above 750, FICO has been w/in 20 points a few times last yr that I checked.
---Good Income
---Meeting Spend is not a problem
---Age of Oldest Acct is 10 years
---Live in Chicago

Thanks for your help. Let me know if more info is needed
Why not go Ink Bold/Plus instead of 2nd Freedom, 2nd CSP? Same 50K UR, no doubling up on cards which will require lots of HUCA. Also limits you to one personal, one biz application.

Also, are you getting enough value out of the Virgin Atlantic App given the annual fee. Wasn't the old bonus much higher?

No Amex cards?
Quote: Why not go Ink Bold/Plus instead of 2nd Freedom, 2nd CSP? Same 50K UR, no doubling up on cards which will require lots of HUCA. Also limits you to one personal, one biz application.

Also, are you getting enough value out of the Virgin Atlantic App given the annual fee. Wasn't the old bonus much higher?

No Amex cards?
I already have Ink Bold, but don't think I could get a second Ink w/ just my amazon selling (<$500/yr profit). Also, one personal/one business would definitely lead to two inquiries which is what I'm trying to avoid if possible

I assumed getting the Virgin atlantic again would not lead to another inquiry so figured why not get it with my other apps (the previous one had the higher sign up bonus)

I got the Amex SGP and Hilton in August. I use those for CVS quite a bit. I was going to do my amex apps in May.

Thanks
Quote: I already have Ink Bold, but don't think I could get a second Ink w/ just my amazon selling (<$500/yr profit). Also, one personal/one business would definitely lead to two inquiries which is what I'm trying to avoid if possible

I assumed getting the Virgin atlantic again would not lead to another inquiry so figured why not get it with my other apps (the previous one had the higher sign up bonus)

I got the Amex SGP and Hilton in August. I use those for CVS quite a bit. I was going to do my amex apps in May.

Thanks
One business (ink plus) and one personal (southwest RR) resulted in only 1 experian enquiry for me.

I suggest going with ink plus since you already have ink bold.
Quote: CHASE: (3 Browser) - Hoping 1-2 Inquiries (Last yr they checked two bureaus 2 times - Exp/Trans)
1) Chase Sapphire Preferred Mastercard - 40K UR (I have the VISA version - explain need for MC and exchang VISA for MC)
3) Chase Hyatt - 2 Free Nights (HUCA until Rep lets me get third card - explain I need a hotel card as I have none with chase. I can close/move credit line of my SW or United Chase Cards)

4) BOA Alaskan Airlines - 25K (Speculative - never had before but could use the miles if no additional inquiry)
That looks like too many cards from 1 issuer. It may be possible but I have not seen many people report success on this. I have received 2 chase personal cards in 1 go but 3 maybe stretching it. I applied for 2 BoA and 1 BoH card and they didn't approve my 2nd BoA card. Also, the HA miles cards are not great value (unlike UA 50k, Hyatt or CSP when the bonus was higher). I see that you are looking for Hilton points so I presume you know the value (the $79 AF is NOT waived 1st year).

Good luck & please report how your apps go.
Quote: That looks like too many cards from 1 issuer. It may be possible but I have not seen many people report success on this. I have received 2 chase personal cards in 1 go but 3 maybe stretching it. I applied for 2 BoA and 1 BoH card and they didn't approve my 2nd BoA card. Also, the HA miles cards are not great value (unlike UA 50k, Hyatt or CSP when the bonus was higher). I see that you are looking for Hilton points so I presume you know the value (the $79 AF is NOT waived 1st year).

OP got three of FIA cards in the same month, so I guess he's doing it again.
I agree that 3 personal from Chase is stretching it.

Btw OP, it seems like you had them opened for 4 months? Somebody might notice you're a churner.
Quote: One business (ink plus) and one personal (southwest RR) resulted in only 1 experian enquiry for me.

I suggest going with ink plus since you already have ink bold.

I applied for CSP in April and got Exp/Trans inquiries. Same thing happened in June (SW) and August (United/Ink Bold). It seems they will pull both regardless for me. Do you think they would let me switch my bold with a plus even though I don't have much business income? I know I can say I want a non-charge card and all, but the discussion could get in the gray area for me if too many questions are asked. I reported $100 income last year and was approved for ink bold. I mainly use it for utilities and OD

Quote: That looks like too many cards from 1 issuer. It may be possible but I have not seen many people report success on this. I have received 2 chase personal cards in 1 go but 3 maybe stretching it. I applied for 2 BoA and 1 BoH card and they didn't approve my 2nd BoA card. Also, the HA miles cards are not great value (unlike UA 50k, Hyatt or CSP when the bonus was higher). I see that you are looking for Hilton points so I presume you know the value (the $79 AF is NOT waived 1st year).

I agree with you about a lot of cards from chase actually. I wanted to save my 3rd app for a hotel card which is why I considered a second freedom (low sign up bonus, but another opportunity to max out quarterly bonuses when applicable). Maybe the other southwest card is an option. I don't need the companion pass so no need to save it for later.

I understand the annual fee for the BOA/BOH cards are NOT waived. Same with the hilton reserve and such. I'll update on what I actually do and how it goes.

Quote: OP got three of FIA cards in the same month, so I guess he's doing it again.
I agree that 3 personal from Chase is stretching it.

Btw OP, it seems like you had them opened for 4 months? Somebody might notice you're a churner.

Yes, I had the Virgin Atlantic and Bank of Hawaii cards open for 4 months. Your comment about appearing as a churner is right on. I've considered that too and also when I would apply again. I originally had the apps in May, but moved them up and moved the Barclays down. I recently read about people getting 4 instant approvals on the Barclays and was considering a few cards from them, but was going to move that to May as I didn't like any of their cards except the US AIR.

So, is the consensus I should try for the CSP and Ink Plus? Is there a realistic chance I can exchange my Bold for the Plus with my very low "business" income?

Should I postpone the BOA/BOH apps for later and perhaps move up the Barclays (I have the NFL card from $400 bonus last yr, and a converted Sallie Mae 5% CB on groceries/gas/books card)?
Quote: I applied for CSP in April and got Exp/Trans inquiries. Same thing happened in June (SW) and August (United/Ink Bold). It seems they will pull both regardless for me. Do you think they would let me switch my bold with a plus even though I don't have much business income? I know I can say I want a non-charge card and all, but the discussion could get in the gray area for me if too many questions are asked. I reported $100 income last year and was approved for ink bold. I mainly use it for utilities and OD
I didn't have any problem getting ink plus in addition to ink bold. I mentioned that my business income is less than $1000 for the ink bold when I had to speak with the CSR. For ink plus it was automatic approval. For income, I put my total income (not just business income). I applied using my SSN.
Quote: So, is the consensus I should try for the CSP and Ink Plus? Is there a realistic chance I can exchange my Bold for the Plus with my very low "business" income?
I think you'd fine exchanging, but say that to the rep after they tell you they can't extend additional credit. And to be safe, I hope you've had your Bold for over 6 months.
Every one has already commented on everything else but if you are going for one hp for the citi apps then apply for the same card. I believe thats how it works. 2X reserve if you have a trip in mind 2x regular for 100k if not
Quote: I didn't have any problem getting ink plus in addition to ink bold. I mentioned that my business income is less than $1000 for the ink bold when I had to speak with the CSR. For ink plus it was automatic approval. For income, I put my total income (not just business income). I applied using my SSN.

I'll try to get the extra card then. I can close the bold if they need me to. I was instantly approved for the Bold

Quote: I think you'd fine exchanging, but say that to the rep after they tell you they can't extend additional credit. And to be safe, I hope you've had your Bold for over 6 months.

I have had my bold for 5 months. I'll have had it for a little over 6 months when I apply in February

Quote: Every one has already commented on everything else but if you are going for one hp for the citi apps then apply for the same card. I believe thats how it works. 2X reserve if you have a trip in mind 2x regular for 100k if not
I didn't think about that, thanks. I assumed it would be one, so I'll just get two reserves. I have a trip to China in May, and Australia in December so I'll use the certs w/in a year for sure.

Any opinion on whether I should postpone the BOA/BOH apps for later and perhaps move up the Barclays (I have the NFL card from $400 bonus last yr, and a converted Sallie Mae 5% CB on groceries/gas/books card)?
Quote: Any opinion on whether I should postpone the BOA/BOH apps for later and perhaps move up the Barclays (I have the NFL card from $400 bonus last yr, and a converted Sallie Mae 5% CB on groceries/gas/books card)?
I would postpone unless you have a good way to get approved like having another card with big CL that you can move CL around.
Quote: I would postpone unless you have a good way to get approved like having another card with big CL that you can move CL around.

Thanks. I'll postpone the BoA/BoH until May at the earliest. I'll consider the Barclays cards this time.

I've been reading up on how to freeze my experian credit report, and am wondering if it would be worth it. I don't have many inquiries on my equifax and only a few more on my transunion. I've read how Chase will let you tell them which credit bureau to pull when you call reconsideration, but not sure if Citi will allow me to freeze the experian but still get the cards. Hmmm.
this may be a good place to ask this question since I was browsing for an answer:

I currently have the Ink Cash and considering the 2 browser method for the Bold and Plus to get just one inquiry.

Can this work? I have read articles that say NOT to apply for 2 Ink cards at the same time. Is this true? I don't see how it can be. Why would apping for a Chase personal and business card at the same time using the 2 browser method not yield 2 inquiries but 2 business cards would?

Any experience on this?
Quote: Please share your opinion of my plan for next month. I appreciate the critique

I started credit card churning last June, but my first large AOR was August (7 Cards). I have an outline of this years apps and dates, with my next one being February. I wanted to wait 6 months to let last years drop so I will only have 1 hard inquiry in that time frame.

My Goals for the beginning of this yr in regards to credit cards (Not prepaid generated points)
1) UR points
2) Hilton Points and other Hotel Points

My February Apps will be my most aggressive of the year by far, and would like input on whether I'm over-reaching. I have two international trips planned for this year which is why I'm building hotel points at this point in the year. My current airline miles already will cover my flights.

US BANK: (FIRST APPLICATION) - Hoping 1 Inquiry
1) US Bank Club Carlson - 85K (I have had one other US bank CC for 7 months)

CHASE: (3 Browser) - Hoping 1-2 Inquiries (Last yr they checked two bureaus 2 times - Exp/Trans)

CITI: (2 Browser) - Hoping 1 Inquiry
1) Hilton Hhonors - 50K (My second - separate spending)
2) Hilton Reserve - 2 Weekend Nights (My second - separate spending)

I'm hoping to use individual application numbers to call reconsideration for most of these cards if needed. HUCA until I get a rep willing to work with me. Hoping for 10 cards with only 4-5 inquiries.

---FAKOs above 750, FICO has been w/in 20 points a few times last yr that I checked.
---Good Income
---Meeting Spend is not a problem
---Age of Oldest Acct is 10 years
---Live in Chicago

Thanks for your help. Let me know if more info is needed
Have you seen reports from people that you can't get 3 personal cards from Chase within 30 days? My wife was able to get 3 personal cards from Chase within 31 days. The first two cards were approved instantly on the same day. She waited 31 days and applied for the 3rd one. So, I am not sure if your 3 browsers with Chase will work.