Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Says I'm Not Eligible for Drugstore/Grocery Points on Regular Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level

So I noticed today when I got my statement the amount of category bonus points didn't seem to match up with my actual spend. I had both grocery and drugstore purchases (no, no prepaids, VRs just regular old Rx).

I sent them an email inquiring and was told I am not eligible for that offer and if I want to dispute it I have to send my offer letter to them to investigate. Well, since I've had this card 3 years I don't have the offer letter. It does however plainly show on my statement that it's 3 points for grocery, drugstore and gas. It's noted in a big box right under the summary.

I have the old Hilton Citi Visa (not reserve, not Amex). I even called and the rep told me the same thing. This is totally bizarre. I guess I'll have to go back and look at previous statements to see if this has always been going on. I would have thought I would have noticed if it were the case.

Has anybody had this happen?

Hmm, I've been a little lazy about canceling this card but this might light a fire under me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.