Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Subscribe
I got the 10-day review message on my app. Is there any use calling recon like with Chase or should I just wait it out? I was also approved for a US Air card at the same time so if they decline me it won't be a wasted inquiry.
Quote: I got the 10-day review message on my app. Is there any use calling recon like with Chase or should I just wait it out? I was also approved for a US Air card at the same time so if they decline me it won't be a wasted inquiry.
How long ago was your last applications for a Barclays card?
Quote: How long ago was your last applications for a Barclays card?
I did the Arrival and Us Air minutes apart. Before that it was about 13-14 months prior for my US Air #1 card.
Quote: I got the 10-day review message on my app. Is there any use calling recon like with Chase or should I just wait it out? I was also approved for a US Air card at the same time so if they decline me it won't be a wasted inquiry.
It's very hard to be approved for 2 Barclaycards. I tried to apply for Arrival and NFL card at the same time and could not get approved for NFL despite calling 3 times to Barclays. I would take it easy with Barclays.
Quote: It's very hard to be approved for 2 Barclaycards. I tried to apply for Arrival and NFL card at the same time and could not get approved for NFL despite calling 3 times to Barclays. I would take it easy with Barclays.
One of the bloggers did 5 or 6 approvals from Barclays on the same day last year. Can't remember who it was though.
Quote: One of the bloggers did 5 or 6 approvals from Barclays on the same day last year. Can't remember who it was though.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidt...g-why-and-how/

dansdeals also had a post within the past month or so talking about getting approved for 4 on the same day
It seems they have tightened up considerably in the past couple months. YMMV.
Quote: It seems they have tightened up considerably in the past couple months. YMMV.
Yup. They didn't even approve me for 2 cards at once.
I did that 5 Barclays last December, 4 auto-approved, 5th denied. By all reports they have tightened up. Tried two for my wife, she only previously has one Barclays card, rejected for both, the US Air reject because she already had a US Air and the Arrival because of submitting two applications. She was not willing to do any calling so we left it there.
Quote: I did that 5 Barclays last December, 4 auto-approved, 5th denied. By all reports they have tightened up. Tried two for my wife, she only previously has one Barclays card, rejected for both, the US Air reject because she already had a US Air and the Arrival because of submitting two applications. She was not willing to do any calling so we left it there.
I have no problem calling recon. Is there any chance I'd get the Arrival card approved over the phone? One is US Air #2 (approved) and the other is the Arrival card (pending).
Quote: I did that 5 Barclays last December, 4 auto-approved, 5th denied. By all reports they have tightened up. Tried two for my wife, she only previously has one Barclays card, rejected for both, the US Air reject because she already had a US Air and the Arrival because of submitting two applications. She was not willing to do any calling so we left it there.
Please fill in the critical missing details:

1. When exactly did she apply (for the cards she got rejected) - last December, or last week?
2. "Tried two for my wife" - on the same day, on two successive days, or what?
3. How long was it between her last successful application for any Barclays card and the (rejected) application?
4. How many cards has "she" applied for (to any bank) in the past 12 months?

Thanks.
They've definitely tightened up, for some reason. Last night, my wife had applied for the Arrival and was declined for "already enough available credit with Barclay's."
Quote: They've definitely tightened up, for some reason. Last night, my wife had applied for the Arrival and was declined for "already enough available credit with Barclay's."
I was denied for too much available credit as well, previously with the Priceline 2% card a few months ago. I placed a reconsideration call, and was able to get the card approved by reducing the limit on a different card.
wow! Looks like Barclays has become the new US bank. I waited too long to do a barclays orgy. Now I'll get just 1
I just got approved fur US and Arrival on same day about 2 weeks ago. Had F9 card with them for about 1.5 years prior
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  20  60