Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Thread closed. Click HERE to read the new thread.

Let's crowd source things that have counted towards travel redemptions that are not so obvious

Successful
  • NS Hispeed Train Tickets (nshispeed.com)
  • Capitaine Train Tickets (capitaine.com)
  • Eurostar Train Tickets (eurostar.com)
  • DB Bahn Trains Germany (bahn.de)
  • Super Shuttle (mixed, worked in SF when (billed SUPERSHUTTLE EXECUCARS), worked in Boston (SUPERSHUTTLE BOSTON), failed in LA (SUPERSHUTTLE)
  • rail europe on travelocity
  • New York City MTA Subway Cards
  • Boston MBTA Charlie Card reload & Commuter Rail passes & tickets
  • San Francisco Clipper Card public transit (autoload from website)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line purchase made from telephone order from vacationstogo.com
  • rail JR Rail in Japan, load as tourist attraction, call in to get it credit (Post#938)
  • Alaska Airlines checked baggage fee $25 charge
  • Southwest Early Bird Check-in (billed separately from airfare charges)
  • cheaptickets.com hotel
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (ALB-NYP)
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (unknown destinations)
  • Buying Lifemiles from Avianca
  • Primetime Shuttle (Worked from LAX-SNA)
  • Orbitz.com purchase
  • Priceline
  • Las Vegas Show Booked through hotel
  • Hotels.com
  • WMATA (Washington DC Metro) Weekly pass

Successful - Plus Only
  • Uber
  • NYC Taxi
  • Empire State Building tickets
  • SF Taxi (coded as "YELLOW CARD SERVICES I")

Unsuccessful (please mention the amount redeemed - important as anything under $25 cannot be reimbursed)

• Amtrak (possibly due <$25 charge)
  • IHG points and cash hotel redemption
  • www.b-europe.com (SNCB rail)
  • Description: ZERVE *CA WHALES Merchant Category: THEATRICAL PRODUCERS (EXCEPT MOTION PICTURES), TICKET AGENCIES...Tickets to whale watching tour purchased over the phone.
  • Car2go
  • Hostelbookers.com deposit (maybe the charge which is >$25 will count?)
  • Thello train (France-Italy night train, codes as rail-freight)
  • Trenitalia (both online and in stations, posts as rail-freight)
  • Brazil airline GOL booked online codes as DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS--NOT ELESWH ..
  • Blue Water Rafting. Merchant category "Recreation Services -- Not elsewhere classified"
  • Parking at IAH (Houston Intercontinental - on airport) -$76 (PARKING LOTS AND GARAGES)
  • Parking at SNA (John Wayne Airport)
  • Skyjump at Stratosphere Hotel LV $150 (01/14) - not charged by hotel.
  • Gotobus.com Long Distance Buses, ~$100
  • Global Entry

Don't forget travel purchase needs to be > $25 charge for 2,500 mile redemption
Partial redemptions are possible - however you cannot redeem against that charge again. So if you have a $500 charge and you spend 40K points against it, you cannot redeem 10K points for the remaining $100 of that charge.
Print Wikipost

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:54 am

I got the 10-day review message on my app. Is there any use calling recon like with Chase or should I just wait it out? I was also approved for a US Air card at the same time so if they decline me it won't be a wasted inquiry.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Superorb
I got the 10-day review message on my app. Is there any use calling recon like with Chase or should I just wait it out? I was also approved for a US Air card at the same time so if they decline me it won't be a wasted inquiry.
How long ago was your last applications for a Barclays card?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How long ago was your last applications for a Barclays card?
I did the Arrival and Us Air minutes apart. Before that it was about 13-14 months prior for my US Air #1 card.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
It's very hard to be approved for 2 Barclaycards. I tried to apply for Arrival and NFL card at the same time and could not get approved for NFL despite calling 3 times to Barclays. I would take it easy with Barclays.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by romsdeals3
It's very hard to be approved for 2 Barclaycards. I tried to apply for Arrival and NFL card at the same time and could not get approved for NFL despite calling 3 times to Barclays. I would take it easy with Barclays.
One of the bloggers did 5 or 6 approvals from Barclays on the same day last year. Can't remember who it was though.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:16 pm

One of the bloggers did 5 or 6 approvals from Barclays on the same day last year. Can't remember who it was though.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidt...g-why-and-how/

dansdeals also had a post within the past month or so talking about getting approved for 4 on the same day
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:02 pm

It seems they have tightened up considerably in the past couple months. YMMV.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
It seems they have tightened up considerably in the past couple months. YMMV.
Yup. They didn't even approve me for 2 cards at once.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
I did that 5 Barclays last December, 4 auto-approved, 5th denied. By all reports they have tightened up. Tried two for my wife, she only previously has one Barclays card, rejected for both, the US Air reject because she already had a US Air and the Arrival because of submitting two applications. She was not willing to do any calling so we left it there.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
I did that 5 Barclays last December, 4 auto-approved, 5th denied. By all reports they have tightened up. Tried two for my wife, she only previously has one Barclays card, rejected for both, the US Air reject because she already had a US Air and the Arrival because of submitting two applications. She was not willing to do any calling so we left it there.
I have no problem calling recon. Is there any chance I'd get the Arrival card approved over the phone? One is US Air #2 (approved) and the other is the Arrival card (pending).
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
Please fill in the critical missing details:

1. When exactly did she apply (for the cards she got rejected) - last December, or last week?
2. "Tried two for my wife" - on the same day, on two successive days, or what?
3. How long was it between her last successful application for any Barclays card and the (rejected) application?
4. How many cards has "she" applied for (to any bank) in the past 12 months?

Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:43 am

They've definitely tightened up, for some reason. Last night, my wife had applied for the Arrival and was declined for "already enough available credit with Barclay's."
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by Visconti
They've definitely tightened up, for some reason. Last night, my wife had applied for the Arrival and was declined for "already enough available credit with Barclay's."
I was denied for too much available credit as well, previously with the Priceline 2% card a few months ago. I placed a reconsideration call, and was able to get the card approved by reducing the limit on a different card.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
wow! Looks like Barclays has become the new US bank. I waited too long to do a barclays orgy. Now I'll get just 1
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
I just got approved fur US and Arrival on same day about 2 weeks ago. Had F9 card with them for about 1.5 years prior

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.