Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by realperson
I applied and got approved instantly last monday. And why the hell am I still waiting for the card? It only took 3 days to receive the card from Chase.
Applied on 5/20, got declined on 5/22, talked to the US branch manager about the application. He re-submitted the application for me from his computer on 5/23. and he put a note of me being a long term us bank customer on the application. checked my credit report, it pulled my file twice 5/20 and 5/23. got a letter one week later saying my application is declined due to too many inquires/accounts. but last weekend, when I checked my checking account online. it shows I have a Club Carson card hanging there. Today we got a letter for the Club Carlson credit card member agreement. but no card yet. Very weird with US bank.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Well, it did cause a problem -- after 2 months my 35,000 points still hadn't shown up, so I called US Bank today.

I was told that I was @ $80 short by the count of both the agent and her manager, and they were not flexible on this matter. I pointed out that I had called to confirm the date by which I needed to do the spend and was told April 16, and my last spending was actually on April 15, even though it posted online with a date of April 16.

After a long hold and consultation with another supervisor, I was told that all of the first three billings should have counted and that I will receive the points in 10-12 weeks. 10-12 weeks!! So 5 months after I completed the spend. Pretty crappy of them.

Don't cut it close. They aren't very forgiving at US Bank.
Similar experience here. Met min spend on a Thursday, 90th day was the following Sunday, transaction posted on Monday. I will wait one more statement before calling.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by healthymind
Applied for the personal card yesterday June 15th..got a 7 to 10 business day message ..tried calling the number and it said it may need 3 business days to process or it might take 7 to 10 business days if personal identification is needed..Donno what's gonna happen..keepin my fingers crossed...
Same situation here. Hoping for the best.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:42 pm

I had originally applied for these cards back in late December and been rejected due to too many recent, insufficiently-aged accounts. Today I tried my luck again and applied for both business and personal card, and thankfully was immediately approved for both.

Fwiw, in the intervening period I had (successfully) applied for an Amex Plat Pers and an Ink Plus Card back in Jan/Feb, have a total of five Chase cards, four Citi, three Amex, two Barclays and one BoH
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:31 pm

If I want to apply for just one card for now, personal or business, which one has better chances of getting approved? I don't have any US Bank credit cards or checking accounts. I recently froze ARS and IDA.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by michael_v
If I want to apply for just one card for now, personal or business, which one has better chances of getting approved? I don't have any US Bank credit cards or checking accounts. I recently froze ARS and IDA.
From a casual glance, it seems a few were accepted for biz and not personal, but maybe it was the order that they applied. Biz is better anyway because it has a lower fee.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
Applied on 5/20, got declined on 5/22, talked to the US branch manager about the application. He re-submitted the application for me from his computer on 5/23. and he put a note of me being a long term us bank customer on the application. checked my credit report, it pulled my file twice 5/20 and 5/23. got a letter one week later saying my application is declined due to too many inquires/accounts. but last weekend, when I checked my checking account online. it shows I have a Club Carson card hanging there. Today we got a letter for the Club Carlson credit card member agreement. but no card yet. Very weird with US bank.
EXACTLY!!! I received a letter for CLub carlson terms and agreement today, and NO card at all! This is so weird... I thought they forgot to attach the card to the letter. So I gave them a call. And they said the card will arrive two days later than the terms letter.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Well, it did cause a problem -- after 2 months my 35,000 points still hadn't shown up, so I called US Bank today.

I was told that I was @ $80 short by the count of both the agent and her manager, and they were not flexible on this matter. I pointed out that I had called to confirm the date by which I needed to do the spend and was told April 16, and my last spending was actually on April 15, even though it posted online with a date of April 16.

After a long hold and consultation with another supervisor, I was told that all of the first three billings should have counted and that I will receive the points in 10-12 weeks. 10-12 weeks!! So 5 months after I completed the spend. Pretty crappy of them.

Don't cut it close. They aren't very forgiving at US Bank.

So I am wondering if anyone received the 35k points after spending $2500.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by healthymind
Applied for the personal card yesterday June 15th..got a 7 to 10 business day message ..tried calling the number and it said it may need 3 business days to process or it might take 7 to 10 business days if personal identification is needed..Donno what's gonna happen..keepin my fingers crossed...
Data point:
I called back the 1800 number and got a message saying Congratulations you have been approved. But when i talked with the Customer Representative asked if i have been approved..he said he can't look into that and transferred to another department and the call went off. I checked my email and got an email confirming that i have got approved for Premier Visa rewards card.. Hopefully i will get the same card what it says i was approved for soon
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:07 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I froze ARS/IDA last week and applied for Biz and Personal today. Got the 7-10 day message. Same thing happened last year with Flexperks card that eventually was approved, so fingers crossed.

Edit: got an email in a couple of hours that I'm approved for the Business card!

Last edited by amolkold; Jun 20, 2013 at 6:33 am
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, LH, VX
Originally Posted by BrandonDuh
I applied on June 4th for both personal and business cards. Instant approval on the personal and got the 7-10 day message for the biz.

Called today and the rep put me on hold and came back to say she was able to verify everything (without any Q's) and i'll either get another letter or the card in 7 business days.

Let's hope for the card
Called the 800 number for the biz card yesterday and was approved! The account showed up in my account as well, but now the wait for the card.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:42 pm

Unhappy

I received a pre-qualified letter for 0 annual fee first year and $50 afterwards for Club Carlson and applied for it because of that 0 promo. When I called to check on status of the application, a rep confirmed that there is no annual fee.
I received the card today and called to activate and then to confirm the offer. They said they don`t have offers such as that, unless you are a CC employee. I am not. But I did got the letter. Both rep and supervisor refused to do anything about it and asked to fax it. I don`t have working fax right now and offered to send a picture of the offer. The supervisor (Sue) said ok, go to our website and email it. I went ahead and registered for online account. However, there is no attachment option on the form. I called again to speak to a supervisor, but was told that none of them is available. The rep offered to schedule a call back within 24-48 hours.
So far, US Bank is the worst one I had to deal for the past 8-10 years. The reps and the sup were polite though, but misleading and without any power.
Thinking about closing the card without even using it. Waste of the hard inquiry
Old Jun 22, 2013, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Kat007
Thinking about closing the card without even using it. Waste of the hard inquiry
There's no point in closing it right away. The damage of the credit pull is already done. Even though you are understandably frustrated, perhaps you can get a big point bonus or something else offered up for your trouble.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 1:13 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
There's no point in closing it right away. The damage of the credit pull is already done. Even though you are understandably frustrated, perhaps you can get a big point bonus or something else offered up for your trouble.
Not a chance, they are evils, no bonus points even mentioned. Not even what they promised is given. They don`t care.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Kat007
I received a pre-qualified letter for 0 annual fee first year and $50 afterwards for Club Carlson and applied for it because of that 0 promo. When I called to check on status of the application, a rep confirmed that there is no annual fee.
I received the card today and called to activate and then to confirm the offer. They said they don`t have offers such as that, unless you are a CC employee. I am not. But I did got the letter. Both rep and supervisor refused to do anything about it and asked to fax it. I don`t have working fax right now and offered to send a picture of the offer. The supervisor (Sue) said ok, go to our website and email it. I went ahead and registered for online account. However, there is no attachment option on the form. I called again to speak to a supervisor, but was told that none of them is available. The rep offered to schedule a call back within 24-48 hours.
So far, US Bank is the worst one I had to deal for the past 8-10 years. The reps and the sup were polite though, but misleading and without any power.
You are the only person you would hurt by closing the card right away. U.S. Bank can be frustrating to deal with due to phone people appearing to not have much info about their products. It does sound like you applied for a worse offer than what is on the website. How many bonus points was your targeted offer for? What is your minimum spend to get the bonus points? If your minimum spend to get bonus is small, you might just want to make the spend and see if you get the bonus points. My guess is the people you talked to didn't understand what you were talking about. Or you can call again and see if someone else tells you something different. You could also call and ask for a manual review to get the Premier card with the 85k offer. Also, try being nice to the phone people. It's not their fault if they don't get adequate training.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.