Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brettalb
Isn't this really the best hotel credit card?

Let's assume you mostly stay two nights at hotels (or can optimize trips to do that):

Top end Radisson Blus which are very nice are 50,000 pts for 2 nights.
at 5x base points, this is at most $10,000 CC spend.

Compare that to two nights at a top tier hotel from any other chain (Hilton, Hyatt, SPG). Comments?
Many of us have tons of CC points from the BOGO promotions in 2012, and so this card pretty much doubles the value of those points if you do a 2-night stay. I am still sitting on over 300K before applying for this card (which I plan to do by the end of the month).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:22 pm

Yes I think it is the best hotel card right now as long as they have nice hotels where you plan to go, especially if you participated in the promos in the last year and already have a lot of points in their program.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:01 pm

Let's assume you mostly stay two nights at hotels (or can optimize trips to do that):

Compare that to two nights at a top tier hotel from any other chain (Hilton, Hyatt, SPG). Comments?
It certainly provides great value provided Club Carlson matches up with what you are looking for in a hotel chain. They do have a larger footprint in the US than Hyatt or Starpoint, but don't have a large number of aspirational properties in the States. Carlson does have a good international presence, so if a lot of your stays are 2 nights the card can provide extreme value.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:38 pm

The timing was perfect for me. The family and I have an upcoming trip to Prague and Budapest, with 4 nights in each city and 2 rooms needed at each hotel. I was able to book 2 nights in each of 4 nice hotels. 3 of them were 28,000 pts each, and the more expensive was still only 44,000 pts. Flush with points from last year's promo, I booked 16 hotel nights for 128,000 pts.!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by napilimom
The timing was perfect for me. The family and I have an upcoming trip to Prague and Budapest, with 4 nights in each city and 2 rooms needed at each hotel. I was able to book 2 nights in each of 4 nice hotels. 3 of them were 28,000 pts each, and the more expensive was still only 44,000 pts. Flush with points from last year's promo, I booked 16 hotel nights for 128,000 pts.!
Awesome redemption!!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,

I would be inclined to agree with you.

Now with the changes in earning Amex Hilton bonus points, I will likely shift my utilities bill and drug store purchases to this new card.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:43 pm

How did you do this? Can you post a detailed list please?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:50 pm
Community Director Emerita

Is the second night "free" at time of booking, or are the points rebated after the actual stay?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is the second night "free" at time of booking, or are the points rebated after the actual stay?
I think shortly after booking if I remember the details correctly. I also remember posts that you have to have enough points in your account to book both nights when you make the reservation.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thank you. i was just approved for the credit card after making a two night stay booking. In fact, that booking was the tipping point for me to decide to get the card. It sounds as though I either need to rebook (if the award is still available) or call customer service.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
How did you do this? Can you post a detailed list please?
Yes, this would be impossible! 128,000 was actually the total for 8 room nights (still an awesome deal). The actual total is 256,000 points. 2 rooms for 2 nights each at: Park Inn Prague, Radisson Blu Alcron Prague, Radisson Blu Bekke Budapest and Art'Otel Budapest.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:56 pm

Thank you. i was just approved for the credit card after making a two night stay booking. In fact, that booking was the tipping point for me to decide to get the card. It sounds as though I either need to rebook (if the award is still available) or call customer service.
Exactly right. If the award is available, simply cancel and rebook online. Otherwise, a call to Club Carlson will fix things.

Once your credit card status is recognized in the program, the bonus is applied automatically. So if you're logged in and make a one-night award booking, changing it to 2 nights shows the same number of total points.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"free" at the time of booking.

The mechanism is to deduct it from the regular total at the final step of booking.

i.e. say it needs 100K to book 2 nights at 50K, at the final screen it would cross out 1 50K and leaving the final total as 50K.

Originally Posted by christianj
I think shortly after booking if I remember the details correctly. I also remember posts that you have to have enough points in your account to book both nights when you make the reservation.
No.

Someone already experimented such in the Club Carlson forum - you only need to have enough pts for the final net total to book.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Got an offer for the rewards visa signature 50k bonus offer. The code didn't work so I applied like a usual and got approved online. I have quite a few Hard inquiries. Thought I would get rejected but luck was with me. But it still said it can be subjected to review or something. When my wife applied for this few months ago, she got pending, when called they denied for having several inquiries this year.

The gold or silver membership benefit of this card is almost zero.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Someone already experimented such in the Club Carlson forum - you only need to have enough pts for the final net total to book.
Thanks for posting this. Got the card and will end up with ~100k points once this statement closes (charged $2500 in order to get the extra 15k points needed). We need 4 nights (2 nights, then 3 nights off, then 2 nights back) and will need all 100k points for this. When I read that we would really need 200k in the account, it seems like the plan might go out the window.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.