Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:21 pm

Pre-approved mailer

My husband and I both got the letters in the mail with the 85K offer. Mine said "pre-qualified" and had a reference number. My husband's had a number, but did not say anything about being pre-qualified. I'd like to bite the bullet and apply, but I have had a number of inquiries recently (refinanced mortgage and Amex Plat 100K on that one day it was available).

UPDATE: Just applied online, but did not see a place to put in the offer #. Got the 7-10 day message.

Last edited by jandmmom; Feb 4, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by centrifuge41
I noticed that the business version has two accounts:
Central Bill Account
Business Credit Card account

Charges show up on the card first, then onto the central account.

When you pay off your bill, the credit limit on the central account frees up, but on on the card account. You cannot do a pull payment into the card account when the balance is paid off and back to 0.

How do you free up credit on the card account? Without the ability to do so, it won't be possible for me to make my 2.5k spend
US Bank is very clunky. I have the business card too and the two accounts is confusing. I sent US Bank an email about it and never heard back from them. Even pending purchases take 7+ days before they ever post to my online account compared to 3 days or so for Chase to post.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nadir576
Both me and wife was denied originally for both personal and biz cards. Fortunately I have another US bank card lying around in my drawers so was able to re-allocate some CL in order to approve for this card. As for wife, we closed her old accounts so no chance of allocation but we only need this card for two for one night benefits to burn points during our upcoming vacation in Madrid and Paris. so if you have another active US bank card, there is still a chance.
Thanks for the post and information on re-allocation - can you say a little more about how easy it was to re-allocate? Was it at all a challenge or just easy? I have $15k limit on the flex perks... and would be fine with moving over whatever it takes to get a Carlson Card opened.

If I had spent the flex perks points, I would even close the card, but I haven't found the right flights to use on yet.

Haven't applied yet since I a decent amount of new cards in the last year, but a lot were actually last Feb, so those will fall out of 12 months very soon.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Does Pre-Qualified mean approval?

My wife received a 'pre-qualified' letter for the USBANK Club Carlson VISA.

I applied about a month back and was decline for too many recent inquiries but my wife has about as many as I don. Maybe 2 less in the last year.

Does 'pre-qualified' letters in the mail mean it will be approved if she signs up by filling out the form in the mail and sending it in?

I'd be quite bummed out if she got a hard pull and declined after a letter they sent saying 'pre-qualified'.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
My wife received a 'pre-qualified' letter for the USBANK Club Carlson VISA.

I applied about a month back and was decline for too many recent inquiries but my wife has about as many as I don. Maybe 2 less in the last year.

Does 'pre-qualified' letters in the mail mean it will be approved if she signs up by filling out the form in the mail and sending it in?

I'd be quite bummed out if she got a hard pull and declined after a letter they sent saying 'pre-qualified'.
No.

Please read the fine prints on the letter. You will then not even ask such question.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:07 pm

Got the magnifying glass out and read it all or

"If you no longer meet the criteria we originally used to select you for the CC Visa Select card because of a change in your credit history or if you do not meet the income criteria of $20k, submitting this application constitues your application for the CC Platinum Rewards Visa card.."

Nothing else I see but this. Is my sight so bad that I missed more fine print?

The print above doesn't answer my friendly question....

Originally Posted by Happy
No.

Please read the fine prints on the letter. You will then not even ask such question.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the magnifying glass out and read it all or

"If you no longer meet the criteria we originally used to select you for the CC Visa Select card because of a change in your credit history or if you do not meet the income criteria of $20k, submitting this application constitues your application for the CC Platinum Rewards Visa card.."

Nothing else I see but this. Is my sight so bad that I missed more fine print?

The print above doesn't answer my friendly question....
It is the jargon of the banks - it means you would still be subject to the regular approval process to determine if you are still worthy to give a card... And if you dont, then you wont. Or you dont qualify for the Premier despite they initially think you "qualify" but after seeing your credit report they think you dont, though they can still give you the less card...

It does NOT mean you are already approved for a card. Far from it!

Basically when banks send out such letter, they do not have more information on you other than name and address, no claim has filed on you, things like that. They do not have any more info on your credit report which they would see when you actually apply. Then the actual approval process applies.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:25 pm

Ok - well my wife doesn't have any hard pulls or increase in credit utilization in the last 3 months so her credit history has not changed and the scores on Credit Karma have went up in the last 3 months so maybe I'm set.

I don't see how they can state "no longer meet the criteria we originally used ... because of a change in your credit history" if they didn't at least do a soft pull. By stating this they probably did do something.

Originally Posted by Happy
It is the jargon of the banks - it means you would still be subject to the regular approval process to determine if you are still worthy to give a card... And if you dont, then you wont. Or you dont qualify for the Premier despite they initially think you "qualify" but after seeing your credit report they think you dont, though they can still give you the less card...

It does NOT mean you are already approved for a card. Far from it!

Basically when banks send out such letter, they do not have more information on you other than name and address, no claim has filed on you, things like that. They do not have any more info on your credit report which they would see when you actually apply. Then the actual approval process applies.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok - well my wife doesn't have any hard pulls or increase in credit utilization in the last 3 months so her credit history has not changed and the scores on Credit Karma have went up in the last 3 months so maybe I'm set.

I don't see how they can state "no longer meet the criteria we originally used ... because of a change in your credit history" if they didn't at least do a soft pull. By stating this they probably did do something.
A soft pull is not necessary. 90% of the time they just go by a name list obtained somewhere. There are enough sources out there selling such lists for potential customers.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:51 pm

Data Point:
Illinois
5 pulls 6 mo/ 8 pulls 12 mo ; mostly experian
Credit scores between 741 and 793 on Quizzle/Karma/Sesame
No US Bank Cards, 7 Chase, 4 Amex, 4 Citi

Applied for Business and Personal as part of 7 card AOR on 1/27.
Instant approval on Personal. Free room available online on 2/1.
Called on business (needed more information), business name can not match your name, so added "sales" to business name. Was told card is in the mail.
1 pull on transunion from US Bank. No US Bank pull on experian. No way I know of to check equifax. So either they combined or I don't know.

Anyways, pleasantly surprised for the approval. I figured they would bull equifax and I'd be done. I am going to abuse that free night with Radissons (limit: 50, really?). And hopefully those 15 nights put me over the edge as I am already gold. I wonder if I'll get 15 from each.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Make sure you freeze ARS/IDA before applying for this card or may be not, if you don't have many apps originating under your SSN/ address combo which get reported to these agencies in addition to regular CRA's.
How to freeze ARS adn IDA? via fax? what to send to them? thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Data Point:
Illinois
5 pulls 6 mo/ 8 pulls 12 mo ; mostly experian
Credit scores between 741 and 793 on Quizzle/Karma/Sesame
No US Bank Cards, 7 Chase, 4 Amex, 4 Citi

Applied for Business and Personal as part of 7 card AOR on 1/27.
Instant approval on Personal. Free room available online on 2/1.
Called on business (needed more information), business name can not match your name, so added "sales" to business name. Was told card is in the mail.
1 pull on transunion from US Bank. No US Bank pull on experian. No way I know of to check equifax. So either they combined or I don't know.

Anyways, pleasantly surprised for the approval. I figured they would bull equifax and I'd be done. I am going to abuse that free night with Radissons (limit: 50, really?). And hopefully those 15 nights put me over the edge as I am already gold. I wonder if I'll get 15 from each.
Hmm.. Did you freeze your ARS/IDA reports? If yes, how? I am asking since it seems they did not inquiry against those 2? thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:34 am

Has anyone gotten both business and personal cards and received the bonus for both? A US Bank employee said we'd get the bonus for both but I haven't read about anyone getting the bonus twice.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:54 pm

Denied for personal card bc too many apps. Business card required some further verification. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:08 pm
Suspended

To the instant approval people:
how many days after instant approval did it take for the card to arrive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.