Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yes, first time calling in. The T&C letter I got last Monday said to call if I hadn't received the card in 10 business days and today was only day 5. The agent was very helpful/nice and waived the expedite fee. She said the card was mailed Dec 28th which was the same day the T&C letter was mailed so I should've received them both the same day. 10 business days from approval was only last Thursday due to all the holidays. Also, she said that they cut off my unit number from my address for some reason. My carrier knows me by name and delivers my mail even if it's missing the unit number though.
If your app was approved on 12/28, and you have not seen anything from them by 01/07, you should have called and verify the mailing address is correctly in place.

Holidays notwithstanding, this thing is AUTOMATIC float from the pipeline.

Chalk it up to inexperience and next time dont wait this long should similar stuff happens again and you would be surprised how often they happen.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
If your app was approved on 12/28, and you have not seen anything from them by 01/07, you should have called and verify the mailing address is correctly in place.

Holidays notwithstanding, this thing is AUTOMATIC float from the pipeline.

Chalk it up to inexperience and next time dont wait this long should similar stuff happens again and you would be surprised how often they happen.
I kept reading about how US Bank does things differently and to just keep waiting. Probably shouldn't have waited this long. This is my first US Bank product so now I know.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by umc
Would you mind sharing how many inquiries you have in the last 6 months prior to applying for this card? I see that earlier you mentioned you had 13 inquiries in the blast 12 months.
I think I had 7 and my wife had 5 in the last 6 months across all agencies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: United MP Silver, Club Carlson Gold, SW CP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Priv Gold, SPG Gold
Waiting on US Bank Approval

I had heard that US Bank was the hardest nut to crack, which is why I applied to their cards first.

Looks like that was a futile endeavor, as it has been 5 days and I'm still "in process" for both the Premier and Business cards.

Every time I call, they just tell me to wait a few more days. I ask, "Is there anything you need from me?", and they say, "Nope, it's in process." Ugghh... I'm getting impatient... Especially since I just got declined for my 2nd Barclay's USAir Card.

--------

Forgot to mention... I got approved for the "Platinum" card, but I rejected the offer and applied again. Probably a bad move on my part. And the first time I called for the Business card they did ask me questions about my business... I told them I didn't need a high credit limit, and she said, "Yeah, that seems fine." But still said, "It's processing."

Last edited by gatorlionhawk; Jan 15, 2013 at 3:47 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by gatorlionhawk
I had heard that US Bank was the hardest nut to crack, which is why I applied to their cards first.

Looks like that was a futile endeavor, as it has been 5 days and I'm still "in process" for both the Premier and Business cards.

Every time I call, they just tell me to wait a few more days. I ask, "Is there anything you need from me?", and they say, "Nope, it's in process." Ugghh... I'm getting impatient... Especially since I just got declined for my 2nd Barclay's USAir Card.

--------

Forgot to mention... I got approved for the "Platinum" card, but I rejected the offer and applied again. Probably a bad move on my part. And the first time I called for the Business card they did ask me questions about my business... I told them I didn't need a high credit limit, and she said, "Yeah, that seems fine." But still said, "It's processing."

You applied for the Platinum card, then turned it down when you got approved?? Why did you bother applying?

As for the Carlson card, they kept me waiting too, but did ultimately approve app.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by katstarr
You applied for the Platinum card, then turned it down when you got approved?? Why did you bother applying?
I assume s/he applied for the Visa Signature card but was offered the Platinum.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by taliesin
I assume s/he applied for the Visa Signature card but was offered the Platinum.
I applied in late Dec from the link not sure on the date but after Xmas and it came in the mail I was told this week. I only have someone checking mail weekly so no idea on the number of days or if I got the proper card type like Plat or Sig but since no email about changes I assume so.

One data point to some who haven't applied yet is that both my SO and I check to let us know by email the results since both apps said further review.
When I called the same day they said I had to wait and unlike Chase could not open the app. I certainly wasn't going to argue and yes I had the right number. Ok she got turned down for too many cards/inquiries and I was approved without doing anything.

NOW a Question and If this has been answered sorry I missed it since it probably is covered individually in many threads like AP, Wells PP, Target Amex and more so to get the spend will the following be coded as a purchase earning points on Carlson or not.

Amazon Payments? Wells PP, Target Amex PP?? Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I've received the card, Ts and Cs letter, use of credit score letter, but have not received a PIN. Does that come in a separate mailer (the way that Amex and banks and credit unions send their PINS), or does one need to call US Bank?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I've received the card, Ts and Cs letter, use of credit score letter, but have not received a PIN. Does that come in a separate mailer (the way that Amex and banks and credit unions send their PINS), or does one need to call US Bank?
Why many received this but neither of us got this? I am curious and want to have the free score!

No PIN comes with our cards. Why would you need a PIN if you dont plan on doing a withdrawal at the ATM (that would be cash advance transaction)?

If you are doing the account online set up, you dont need the PIN. The 2nd option is what you use to set up account online access. (The PIN is for bank account not CC account, according to the US Bank web support gal who walked me thru the process.)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:29 pm

Why many received this but neither of us got this? I am curious and want to have the free score!

No PIN comes with our cards. Why would you need a PIN if you dont plan on doing a withdrawal at the ATM (that would be cash advance transaction)?

If you are doing the account online set up, you dont need the PIN. The 2nd option is what you use to set up account online access. (The PIN is for bank account not CC account, according to the US Bank web support gal who walked me thru the process.)
You probably already know this but you can get a credit score free on Credit Karma and some people use Quizzle and others.

What about using this card with Wells PP or AP does anyone know if it is a purchase coded or like Citi a CA??
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
You probably already know this but you can get a credit score free on Credit Karma and some people use Quizzle and others.

What about using this card with Wells PP or AP does anyone know if it is a purchase coded or like Citi a CA??
Credit Karma is NOT the true credit score. Only the one from EQ is the real McCoy. Or the one supplied by the card issuer.

I just dont know why some get this letter while we dont.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
No PIN comes with our cards. Why would you need a PIN if you dont plan on doing a withdrawal at the ATM (that would be cash advance transaction)? If you are doing the account online set up, you dont need the PIN. The 2nd option is what you use to set up account online access. (The PIN is for bank account not CC account, according to the US Bank web support gal who walked me thru the process.)
Thanks for your quick response ^

I did find the 'second option' and I got through the online setup without any difficulty (there were some odd choices for the security questions)

I just wanted the PIN in case a cash advance was needed in some dire emergency.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:05 pm
umc

Credit Karma is NOT the true credit score. Only the one from EQ is the real McCoy. Or the one supplied by the card issuer.

I just dont know why some get this letter while we dont.
My spouse also received her score from US Bank. I think you can call US Bank and ask for a copy of your score, Happy. Just mention that your friend/relative applied for the card and received his/her credit score. You pay annual fee for this card, so that's the least they can do to make you Happy.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:34 pm

OK over 2 hours and several posts and still noone seems to know the answer to the question. Does charges to Well Fargo Prepaids and Amazon Payments bill coded as purchase to this card or does that post as a cash advance like some cards??
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
OK over 2 hours and several posts and still noone seems to know the answer to the question. Does charges to Well Fargo Prepaids and Amazon Payments bill coded as purchase to this card or does that post as a cash advance like some cards??
Amazon posts as purchase

Amazon Payments 866-749-7545 Wa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.